Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2023 2:18:20 PM EDT
Firearm was stolen in 2020.  Court cases were on hold forever due to Scamdemic.  The one actually charged with possession of the handgun was a felon, a slightyly "famous" felon.  I got called in as a witness to the case.  Body cam footage showed my making my report of stolen firearm.  Homeslice was sentenced last year.  The detective i was in communication with the whole time was always letting me know i would get my pistol back.  Said it was flagged to not destroy.  

I have tried contacting the det. i was working with no answer.  I finally call into the PD and he has since retired.  Left voicemails on new Det. voicemail, no avail.

Whats my next step?

Thanks!

I had a thread about this going but it was archived.  Along with a few other running threads i had.....i dont get it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 2:29:13 PM EDT
[#1]
If it’s your local PD go and ask to speak with the Chief or at least a Captain.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 2:57:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd go in person if that's possible to the PD, call ahead and make an appointment with a detective if needed and work up the chain from there
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 3:22:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Another route is a court order.  Sometimes the criminal court judge will give an order releasing evidence back to the original owner.  Have your paperwork in a row and call the judges clerk.  If that kind of thing is done in IL, the clerk may be able to assist.  

Good luck, I've been in your position before.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 3:42:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trod7308] [#4]
When the pistol was initially discovered, a local PD called me, said come pick it up.

As you all know, that was not the case.  

This was a federal trial.  But i dealt with the local PD Detective.  I found out how hard those detectives work to make these cases go round.  

I will try the local PD again to see if I can get some answers.

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:29:54 PM EDT
[#5]
update:

I reached out again to SA and am in the process of recovering my firearm!

Unfortunately I will not be recovering the handmade alessi leather holster that is was in when stolen!!
Top Top