Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 101
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I took the cat off for servicing.  It flows better now.  Took about 75 tools and 40 trips between the creeper and the garage.  I'm a little sore today and many small cuts on my hands and arms, but it's done.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 5:04:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LineOfDeparture] [#2]
Just ordered a whole new set of replacement hoses for the radiator and surge tank. Gonna go ahead and swap em all out and keep the ones that are still serviceable around as a set of spares.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 6:10:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LineOfDeparture:
Just ordered a whole new set of replacement hoses for the radiator and surge tank. Gonna go ahead and swap em all out and keep the ones that aren't serviceable around as a set of spares.
View Quote

That reminds me I have a new set I need to put on before summer. I got the blue good year ones as the black ones I got last time seem not to hold up as well.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 6:13:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By jake-cutter:

That reminds me I have a new set I need to put on before summer. I got the blue good year ones as the black ones I got last time seem not to hold up as well.
View Quote

Are they silicone? Link?
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 6:46:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Its just the regular ones you buy from Hummers Parts Guy or Mac Motors. The blue ones are USA made Good Year.

Link to one from HPG
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 7:40:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Its just the regular ones you buy from Hummers Parts Guy or Mac Motors. The blue ones are USA made Good Year.

Link to one from HPG
View Quote

That's the same item I ordered earlier.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 9:32:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Aguas:

Tis a shame.  If not for ryan id have never stuffed the ECV drivetrain into my 998a1.  Or known how to get real carc paint.  Or who knows how many other little things.  

People like him can be found at a certain telegram group .

.that isnt moderated by today's arfcom jackboots.  

https://t.me/+KhyaExfStcc2NzQx

See if that works.  

View Quote
Thank you. I just figured out how to get to it on m cell.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 9:35:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone have any leads on armored windshields? That's one project I would like to complete.
View Quote
Which type armored windshield?  I have 1 pair of the fixed type armored glass for the ECV REV series trucks, I would need to pound flat the defog louvers to make it fit A2 series trucks, and I don't want to permanently alter either of my original GMVs.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By stoner63a:
Which type armored windshield?  I have 1 pair of the fixed type armored glass for the ECV REV series trucks, I would need to pound flat the defog louvers to make it fit A2 series trucks, and I don't want to permanently alter either of my original GMVs.
View Quote

Is the louver in the pic below the one that  needs to be flattened?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:38:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Bremerton WA has one of the longest running celebrations for Armed Forces Day, this year being the 77th.

I was scheduled to drive the M1165 and placed in the middle of the pack of 150 participants. Last night the event organizer called me and asked if I would mind driving one of the VIPs, the SWFPAC Sailor of the Year. I said yes, happy to help. So I was assigned a spot in Section A.

She still wanted me to appear in my assigned position in Section C as well so as not to mess up the grandstand announcer's script.

Some Corvette club carried the admirals and commanders, I fell in behind them, and behind me was a SWFPAC Marine Security group in a fully armored HMMWV and a Bearcat.

So as soon as I hit parade end I dropped my rider off and raced through the streets of Bremerton to get back to the staging area and find my other spot. Just made it too, as they were starting to roll as I arrived. On my way in I passed some other privately owned milsurp trucks but didn't have time to stop and admire them.

It was overcast and misted a few times, but the rain held off until the end.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 7:32:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Cool Photos...
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 7:47:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Nice
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:13:42 PM EDT
[#13]
What a great turnout at that parade! I followed the Legion leading our local parade last weekend with my M1097. I was the only military vehicle to show up except the VFD's two 5 ton grass rigs.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 8:54:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mainsail] [#14]
Originally Posted By gastrap:
What a great turnout at that parade! I followed the Legion leading our local parade last weekend with my M1097. I was the only military vehicle to show up except the VFD's two 5 ton grass rigs.
View Quote

Awesome!  Always seems to get more attention during a parade than when I just drive it to home depot.

Here's the video of the entire parade.  My M1165 appears at around the 11:00 minute mark, then I make the second pass around the 59:40

More milsurp around the 1:31:00 time.

2024 Bremerton Armed Forces Day Parade
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:08:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Facebook score! I was talking to my neighbor the other day about my next set of tires for my K5, wondering how large I could really go. He text me this today.
Attachment Attached File

I don't think I'll run them but they will sure work for a mockup.

I forgot how heavy run flats are.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 10:45:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ARHank:
Facebook score! I was talking to my neighbor the other day about my next set of tires for my K5, wondering how large I could really go. He text me this today.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/155324/1000013027_jpg-3222681.JPG

I don't think I'll run them but they will sure work for a mockup.

I forgot how heavy run flats are.
View Quote

Those are heavy

Link Posted: 5/28/2024 11:35:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

Those are heavy

View Quote
They are. I want to weigh one but am afraid I would break my bathroom scale.

I hope my old dealership still has the run flat removal tool.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 11:40:38 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Somewhere between 150-170 lbs I think.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Bottle jack will do it
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:46:53 AM EDT
[#20]
I know Ryan Ruck used the official runflat tool and it just bent out of spec and wouldnt accomplish anything.  

Id try the bottlejack method
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:14:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By wookie1562:

Great showing, looks like a fun parade. The first time I rode an MRAP after years of HMMWV it was like a spaceship. Pneumatic doors, reasonably comfy seats, air conditioning. They like to tip right over into the ditch though.
View Quote

They always seem to find the water.  In the middle of Iraq, we had one rollover and it was in a water filled ditch.  Every time...
Link Posted: Yesterday 11:30:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Aguas:
I know Ryan Ruck used the official runflat tool and it just bent out of spec and wouldnt accomplish anything.  

Id try the bottlejack method
View Quote

There's the strap method to, hold the tire to a tree or something sturdy using a strap, turn the RF sideways and pull it out with something motorized, truck, tractor, etc
Page / 101
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top