Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:07:28 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a punch to the gut. My son is almost 4 and man I can't imagine. I feel for those parents.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:10:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 161Infantry] [#2]
Truly awful, I can't imagine anything worse.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:18:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rat_Patrol:
Can't bring myself to read it. Just here to say fuck cancer.
View Quote

Yeah I can't read shit like that.

Hug your kids
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:20:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By thirsty:
My son is three going on four. He’s a sweet kid.

That hurt to read.
View Quote

My boy is 2 going on 3.

I couldn’t get through that. The mother is stronger than I can fathom.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:24:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Hugged my 3 y.o. babygirl. Thanked God for her good health, and to please send that family peace.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:24:59 PM EDT
[#6]
for 16 months I worked at a large Pediatric Oncology Hospital. I did every thing I could to try to keep the kids from thinking about what we were doing that day.

there were days when I would spend an hour or 2 talking to and goofing off with kids ranging from 2 to 18-19,  while we prepped them for Bone Marrow and Spinal Taps (sometimes combo's) and cared for them after the fact. amazing to see kids be healed. their smiles said it all.

when you have a 7-8 year old grab your hand and ask you to pray with him or have a 10 year old look you in the eye and tell you thanks for working on them and being so nice but they won't be back next month and ask if you ever go to funerals of the people you work on because they've been thinking and it seems like its almost over. it was all sincere, from their heart. totally business like. not emotional. just life.

this one girl was really funny and sharp as a tack, she was always thinking about everyone that worked there. if I was married and I told her yes, but my wife ran away the day after the wedding to Yugoslavia, without missing a beat she said " I've heard, thats what they do but don't worry she might come back". she was concerned they didn't pay us, because we all wore the same hospital surgical scrubs and was really making her think. she started out by telling me about different sales on clothes at the at the mall. she also had overheard a Resident talking about sleeping at the hospital and she thought we were basically inmates and asked if everyone who worked there did the same thing to get there.

those kids analyzed and thought about everything. it was nonstop question and answers. they were always hyper aware.

it was brutal.
I'd go to the batting cages after work some days just to swing away.

My son is 23 and I have thanked God every day for his health and well being.

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:25:34 PM EDT
[#7]
That's sad, but awesome at the same time. I had a student whose mother I was very close with. The girl's mom passed away very young and the girl told me that whichever one of us sees her next needs to tell her... That really got me.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:25:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By CanaryCamaro:
Fuuuuuuck.

Healthy children are such blessing.
View Quote

Amen to that
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:27:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quite a good story.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:28:31 PM EDT
[#10]
fpni and i always said id love to do peds anesthesia, which i did for two months, but it broke my heart seeing many of the cases and abuse.

kids are damn resilient and only deserve the best. it was depressing and humbling.

fuck anyone with a rusted cactus with aids that fucks with a kid.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:31:17 PM EDT
[#11]
What a reunion those two will will have some day.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:31:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Fair Winds and Following Seas, little man.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:32:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By CanaryCamaro:
Fuuuuuuck.

Healthy children are such blessing.
View Quote

Amen.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:32:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh man I felt like I got punched in the chest reading that. RIP lil buddy.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:33:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Fuck Cancer
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:43:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:44:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Foxtrot08] [#17]
Rip… Fuck cancer.

I don’t know how my SO can operate on kids like that and still be somewhat sane at the end of the day.  Telling them it’s going to be alright.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:44:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Came back to peep some responses and it got me again…..  Dammit!!! What’s in my eyes!!!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:49:21 PM EDT
[#19]
I finally get my daughter to sleep tonight and here I am going back in to give her a hug.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:53:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HelloMyNameIs] [#20]
I lost my daughter; I’ll never be ok, but have to put on brave face for my other daughter.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:55:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By TLD05:
Well I'm crying like a baby.  
View Quote

Ya me too, the good Lord has him now. He was not wrong.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:01:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wganz] [#22]
I was a certified chemotherapy RN for a year. The whole discovery, treatment, & hospice cycle right before my eyes. Didn't continue.
That or I'd gone Kurt Cobain. Just couldn't take.

Fuck Cancer.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:04:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: leib109] [#23]
I shall go to him, but he will not return to me. 2 Samuel 12:23

As the father of a 9 month old, this is a nightmare scenario. But this verse helps me know that there’s hope for us reuniting if anything happens to him.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:41:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By wganz:
I was a certified chemotherapy RN for a year. The whole discovery, treatment, & hospice cycle right before my eyes. Didn't continue.
That or I'd gone Kurt Cobain. Just couldn't take.

Fuck Cancer.
View Quote

Yeah, I don't know how hospital folks can do it longterm.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:42:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By CAsoldier:

Yep. Have fun little man.
View Quote

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top