Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2024 1:28:32 AM EDT
March

Got  an orientation slot lined up with a decent company. Was looking at a dedicated run here in the west, but have to go OTR through the training/probationary period, before I get it. Thats "If" it's still available on the other side. Wish me luck! Might need it
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:43:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Slow down with all the details, man
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:57:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Good luck, I lasted 3 months pulling reefers before I figured out that kind of money and that lifestyle wasn't for me. I got hooked up with a crane company hauling crane parts and rigging starting out at more than double the pay I was going to make OTR.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 3:16:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PhuzzyGnu:

Slow down with all the details, man
View Quote
Lol not much more too it really

10 years low pay doing local class B

Not having too much left in me health wise, going to try and make a little more money while I can.

Not tied down with family so being gone isnt a problem, as long as the pay is good.

Signed on with a company that does mainly Refer in the West/Midwest. They also have dedicated runs I am more interested in, but will have to do 3-4 months OTR before I can start one of those.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 3:20:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Seabee_Mech:
Good luck, I lasted 3 months pulling reefers before I figured out that kind of money and that lifestyle wasn't for me. I got hooked up with a crane company hauling crane parts and rigging starting out at more than double the pay I was going to make OTR.
View Quote
Was told to expect $65k on a dedicated, or $85k on an OTR route. This co does mainly refer work. Goal is two years on a dedicated route. But will see how it goes.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 8:00:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DKUltra:
Lol not much more too it really

10 years low pay doing local class B

Not having too much left in me health wise, going to try and make a little more money while I can.

Not tied down with family so being gone isnt a problem, as long as the pay is good.

Signed on with a company that does mainly Refer in the West/Midwest. They also have dedicated runs I am more interested in, but will have to do 3-4 months OTR before I can start one of those.
View Quote

What you mean not too much left in you health wise? Refer all drop'n hook.....lumper or you fingerprinting the freight?
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 12:11:33 AM EDT
[#6]
AFAIK dedicated runs are drop n swap.

my health isnt getting any better, and I am tired of the DOT bullshit. And its only going to get worse. They are already pushing for a 130/80 bp limit.

Top Top