Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Golf
Posted: 4/29/2024 2:49:08 PM EDT
Not the ones you play all the time.  I mean a vacation course or one of your must-plays.

Mine are…
Caledonia
True Blue
Tobacco Road
Tot Hill Farm
The Judge at Capitol Hill

What are yours?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:31:13 PM EDT
[#1]
First post ever in the golf forum:

Caledonia is my favorite golf course. My dad took me there when I was in high school. It left a lasting impression.

I will be down that direction in late June with the family. The thought never crossed my mind to play there……..until now.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:19:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: optimator] [#2]
Bandon Dunes

Pacific Dunes

Florence Golf Links

Emerald Valley (Oregon Ducks home course)

Bar Run

Mt. Shasta resort

I’ve played all these except for Pacific Dunes & Bar Run. I’m pretty excited for those two.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:53:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Probably do Caledonia this year in Myrtle. Any other recommendations down there? Also a course in MD called Renditions I want to play.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:55:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quivera at Cabo San Lucas - retirement party for one of my friends.

Donald Ross Course at French Lick - may play the Pete Dye Course at French Lick - $400 a round is a bit expensive

Brickyard Crossing in Indianapolis (it has a few holes inside the Indy 500 racetrack).

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:02:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DrRemulak:
Probably do Caledonia this year in Myrtle. Any other recommendations down there? Also a course in MD called Renditions I want to play.
View Quote

If you're going to do Caledonia, hit True Blue right across the street.  They share a driving range.  Both Mike Strantz designs.

Man O War was a fun course.  Water on every hole (not all is in play), an island green.  I enjoyed it.  

Thistle is one my co-workers really like.

The Pearl up in Calabash looks interesting if you don't mind a 45-minute drive from Myrtle Beach.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By jarnock:
Quivera at Cabo San Lucas - retirement party for one of my friends.

Donald Ross Course at French Lick - may play the Pete Dye Course at French Lick - $400 a round is a bit expensive

Brickyard Crossing in Indianapolis (it has a few holes inside the Indy 500 racetrack).

View Quote

Brickyard is one I'm considering.  The wife and kid will be out of town for a couple weeks in June and I could make a 3 day trip of it.  

Isn't French Lick super long?  I've also heard the greens can be very quick.  Choose your tee box carefully from what I understand.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:30:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:05:27 PM EDT
[#8]
The 2 local courses I look forward to playing every summer are Wekopa and Quintero. They just cost too much the rest of the year.

I play TPC Scottsdale once a year. It’s a very average course with 4 fantastic finishing holes.

The course I want to play most this year is the state amateur at Phoenix Country Club. It will require a top 20 in the state mid-am since I shit the bed in the regular qualifier.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#9]
We're going to do Giant's Ridge and The Quarry in northern MN this fall for guys weekend.  

Should be fun.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:33:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By baxt3r:

Brickyard is one I'm considering.  The wife and kid will be out of town for a couple weeks in June and I could make a 3 day trip of it.  

Isn't French Lick super long?  I've also heard the greens can be very quick.  Choose your tee box carefully from what I understand.
View Quote

Just looked them up - Pete Dye course is 6100 from the whites, Donald Ross is 6517 from the "Ross" tees, 7000 from the Gold tees and 5981 from the "regulation" tees.

I like to play 6000, so I'll play from those tees.
Page General » Golf
Top Top