Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 12:54:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CTM1] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hatidua:
Of all the things I'd worry about in Florida, a few monkeys isn't in the top 100 list.
View Quote

A few can turn into dozens and dozens can turn into hundreds.  Have you not seen the vids of countries that have areas that are over run with them but I case it all depends of what type of monkey.

ETA Aren't certain areas in Florida overrun with rosters. I have watched the vids of guys hunting lizards that are now everywhere. Haven't pythons pretty much eradicated many species from the everglades?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#2]
What caliber for feral monkeys?

In minecraft
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 1:02:45 PM EDT
[#3]
What round for Caesar?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 1:05:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Skopsko07734:
Anyone here saying they would shoot a wild monkey doesn't know monkeys.  If you shoot a single monkey all the other monkeys will wage a personal war against you, they won't ever give up, you will have to kill every last one of them.  Remember in India when a dog killed a baby monkey; all the monkeys in the forest attacked the village, killing every single dog in the village.

View Quote

I think we can handle a monkey jihad.

Either way, it'd be entertaining as fuck for a while.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 1:05:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By wspe1:
How many Floridians will start creating monkey recipes?
View Quote

We have plenty to eat, ain't eatin no monkey
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 1:06:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Sundowner08L:

Well, of course.

Look at the stones on that fella.

Vervet Monkey
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sundowner08L:
Originally Posted By 9divdoc:
Originally Posted By Palm:
I really need a 10/22 takedown w/a can.

Entertaining monkeys are good to go, ass hole monkeys are a problem.

Just so you know, I personally interviewed a guy who was sexually assaulted by a monkey.  The story was verified.

Have seen this happen to donut dollies at our firebase in VN
Sam our company pet macaque went right up the dresses of any poor girls he was near during their time of the month...

Well, of course.

Look at the stones on that fella.

Vervet Monkey

Poor thing has blue balls.  No wonder it's fixated on chasing skirts.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 1:08:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh great. First alligators. Then pythons. Followed by Guila monsters. And now this.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 1:09:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone here saying they would shoot a wild monkey doesn't know monkeys.  If you shoot a single monkey all the other monkeys will wage a personal war against you, they won't ever give up, you will have to kill every last one of them.  Remember in India when a dog killed a baby monkey; all the monkeys in the forest attacked the village, killing every single dog in the village.

View Quote

The dogs should have had guns.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 1:13:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By WildBoar:
We also have have vervet monkeys down by me.
View Quote
Hmmm.  "The Velvet Monkey" sounds like a pretty good name for a gay bar.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 1:16:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Shadowgrouse:

That's a chance I'm willing to take.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Shadowgrouse:

That's a chance I'm willing to take.
Please wear a GoPro.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 1:27:15 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Sweet Jesus you are making me hard. Monkey warfare? Hell yeah brother! I say bring it on!  I have been wanting to shoot a monkey for far too long and mount it's head and tail on the wall. I never even thought about the little dorks coming for revenge of their fallen scout.  I have a 12ga semi auto with a bunch of 20 round drums. I can take em LoL....
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 1:29:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By BullpupFan:

My FIL swears the Iguanas are protected too. If you can cite them as open season I’ll be visiting FLL a LOT more often 😛
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Progun1911:
Everything is protected down here that you can't shoot on sight from, Fox Squirrels, Sandhill Cranes, pigs have to be in season on FWC hunting land, and last but not least fucking Peacocks.The only critter that you can kill is the iguanas.

My FIL swears the Iguanas are protected too. If you can cite them as open season I’ll be visiting FLL a LOT more often 😛

From the FWC themselves my brother. Happy hunting!

Green iguanas are not native to Florida and are considered an invasive species due to their impacts to native wildlife. Like all nonnative reptile species, green iguanas are not protected in Florida except by anti-cruelty law and can be humanely killed on private property with landowner permission. This species can be captured and humanely killed year-round and without a permit or hunting license on 32 public lands in south Florida.
https://myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/profiles/reptiles/green-iguana/
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 1:39:56 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

Meh, im kinda ok with that! [img]/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/christian-bale-confused-face-x8olip1hb9h-966.gif[/imgCpu
Couldnt fimd the meme I wanted so this will have to do.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 1:43:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Of all the things I'd worry about in Florida, a few monkeys isn't in the top 100 list.
View Quote

Just wait till they start learning how to sling poop at you.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 1:46:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: callgood] [#15]
View Quote

They go for your balls and fingers
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 1:51:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By MtnMusic:

Not as quickly as feral humans, though...
View Quote

Florida Cannibalistic Bath Salt Zombies are the worst...

🧟🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By BoomBoom:

Just wait till they start learning how to sling poop at you.
View Quote

My answer to that would be suppressed .300 BLK. Or at least a special dart with extra love.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 1:54:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By philspel:
Way less opportunities to get my German Shorthair Pointer on game birds since we moved to Florida....maybe need to transition him over to the states first working monkey dog.  Off to Amazon to look for the service animal vest...
View Quote

Don’t forget the jump-rated doggles in case of monkeys throwing poo
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 2:05:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 2:13:19 PM EDT
[#20]
A colony of monkeys used to live at the Park 'N Fly lot at FLL.

Never had an issue with them and the baby monkeys were better behaved than most of the crotch fruit humans produce nowadays.  Only a couple times did I come back to my car and find them sitting on the hood.

Apparently, they are classified as invasive by the state, so when they got sick or injured, vets weren't allowed to treat them, which would suck if true.  The lot has since shut down, don't know what happened to the monkeys.

They were not hurricane Andrew escapees, as way too many people still spout.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 2:18:11 PM EDT
[#21]
This is barely news for Florida.

When I lived there, there was a neighborhood nearby that was over run with peacocks.

Think of a middle class, suburban neighborhood and there are fucking peacocks just walking around everywhere on the grass and streets. I'm not talking like 2 or 3. It's an entire fucking flock/herd of them.

Apparently the males are also very territorial and loud and basically harass/chase people. Yet, they just live there and people deal with it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 2:34:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By callgood:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/60489/chimp_jpg-3216473.JPG
View Quote

We should send all the trannies to wherever the monkeys are then
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 2:54:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By TheLookingGlass:

Green iguanas are not native to Florida and are considered an invasive species due to their impacts to native wildlife. Like all nonnative reptile species, green iguanas are not protected in Florida except by anti-cruelty law and can be humanely killed on private property with landowner permission. This species can be captured and humanely killed year-round and without a permit or hunting license on 32 public lands in south Florida.
View All Quotes
Everything is protected down here that you can't shoot on sight from, Fox Squirrels, Sandhill Cranes, pigs have to be in season on FWC hunting land, and last but not least fucking Peacocks.The only critter that you can kill is the iguanas.

@TheLookingGlass - they say "captured and humanely killed" not "shot in the face with a suppressed .22" - sadly.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 2:56:35 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 2:57:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By callgood:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/60489/chimp_jpg-3216473.JPG
View Quote

That is an ape, not a monkey....
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 3:30:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bdicki] [#26]
'It's raining monkeys!' Florida man records monkeys jumping from trees into river

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 3:35:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Monkeys in central Florida has been a thing since the 1930's.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#28]
If we don’t take action soon the entire state will be like Monkey Jungle.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 3:39:30 PM EDT
[#29]
We problems with The Monkeys back in the 60s, too.
The Monkees - Opening Theme (H.Q)
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 3:41:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Monkeys can be real ashholes/ I had one steal my brand new snorkel when I was getting into the pool for my 2nd dive class in Naples.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 3:42:02 PM EDT
[#31]
What caliber for monkeys?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By stanprophet09:
There is a guy with a youtube channel from South Africa that would take care of that!

I am down for some monkey hunting in FL.
View Quote

I'm not a suppressor owner, but if i lived in Flordy and had those nasty, invasive bastards running my my hood, i would. I think it's even legal to eradicate them.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 3:48:31 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

That would make my day.   Live targets to practice on.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Must resist urge to make snarky comment..
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 3:51:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By nvroundman:

Hold up, what is it you worship?
View All Quotes
I pray to the Load himself every night that I may happen upon a monkey in my yard while carrying one day....

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 4:05:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Please wear a GoPro.  
View Quote

GoPro and a drone providing aerial footage.

It will be just like the Siege of Vienna.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 4:07:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By jonny762:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jonny762:
I pray to the Load himself every night that I may happen upon a monkey in my yard while carrying one day....

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 4:08:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Just so you know, I personally interviewed a guy who was sexually assaulted by a monkey.  The story was verified.
View Quote

Story? @Palm
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 4:11:53 PM EDT
[#39]
I’m not a fan of monkeys in general. Disgusting, violent, freakishly fast and strong.
Screw that. Seems like a great opportunity for my 20GA Shockwave.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By AeroE:
Species.  Not race.

Suppressed air rifles should be next to the doors of every house in Florida.  Reptiles, walking fish, monkeys, snakes ...  Target rich.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AeroE:
Originally Posted By jos51700:
It's a slightly racist repost.
Species.  Not race.

Suppressed air rifles should be next to the doors of every house in Florida.  Reptiles, walking fish, monkeys, snakes ...  Target rich.

I have automatic air rifles and pistols by every door loaded and ready to go. They aren't suppressed. They are aheluvalot of fun.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 4:49:00 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 4:50:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Don't those things carry aloy of diseases

HepC

Aids

Etc...
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 4:51:55 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 5:13:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Since that is an invasive species, legal to shoot?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 5:16:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By mbg0001:

Feral monkeys can ruin your day pretty damn quickly.
View Quote

This, wonder twin thermals activate.......they also can carry some nasty virus stuff.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 5:21:19 PM EDT
[#46]

That's not been my experience with living around wild macaques.  They might steal your sunglasses or raid the clothesline for amusement but macaques (such as those in the news video) aren't a type I've ever had issues with and I had plenty of them around the house as a kid growing up.  One routinely rode around on my bicycle handlebars.
View Quote
Jesus Christ, I thought I had an interesting childhood.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 5:37:40 PM EDT
[#47]

@TheLookingGlass - they say "captured and humanely killed" not "shot in the face with a suppressed .22" - sadly.
View All Quotes

I captured that bastard in my sights and took the shot, instant death....humane kill....mission accomplished.....just don't ask me to be a witness in court for you....
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 5:40:50 PM EDT
[#48]
[cat reading]I really need to get a .22 suppressor.[/cat reading]
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 6:03:27 PM EDT
[#49]
" />
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 6:05:05 PM EDT
[#50]

Between the phytons, the lizards and now monkeys. Florida will be unhabitable in 15 years.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top