Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2024 6:53:00 PM EDT
so I have schlage locks all over my house. all the entrances are keyed to the same key.
due to the kids coming in and out now, we decided on a digital lock with finger print reader.
it uses schlage key blanks, but the key setup isn't compatible with schlage.
I usually just pull the lock cylinder and swap when we get new locks. (warranty issues mostly).
just saves me time.
this time since I can't do that, I want to pull the pins and rekey them.
I see the schlage has some weird master pins and some color coded pins.
I just wanted to order a kit of pins but I see them specifically noted as schlage or kwiki compatible.
since this isn't really a schlage lock, does it really matter?

it looks like I need a follower rod to pull the schalge pins, but based on how they go back in, not sure if I can get them back in if I screw this up, so I would rather leave the schlage intact and just rekey the other.
is there a generic set of pins I can pick up without buying the 200 dollar kit to rekey hundreds of locks?
or I guess I should just take it into a lock smith last choice, just cause I like to do this, but I guess it might be the cheapest option.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I do my own locks, watch lock picking lawyer or Bosnian bill on youtube.
I like to pack them full of security pins, and different spring types...
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to rekey Schlage locks for customers of my last workplace.  Pretty easy to do.  I think that for the money a cheap rekey set like this would work:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/194599001946?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=NZzpxL6DTKS&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:36:11 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks,that looks like it should work.
Top Top