Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2024 6:35:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JoeCZ75]
I spent some time last week with the P-09 hammer gun so, this week, I decided to try to make two trips to the range to shoot my old bullseye match gun, a CGW 97B"E".  I had not shot it in months, so I knew I would have some less than perfect shots today, but this went pretty well.  The first 20 shots on target 1 were a little off, so I won't bore you with those.  The second 20 shots, target 2, were good (for the day), so I included all 20 in a 3 minute video below.  After target 2 I went 2 clicks right on the Burris FF3 sight and shot target 3, but the results there were not as good as target 2, as some eye fatigue set in.  But a good 1st day with the steel hammer gun.  I hope to make it back to the range on Thursday for another 60 rounds, and then it is back to the9mm polymer guns next week.  

2024 2 6 Target 2 97BE 100 yards Lonestar

The percentage of "good" shots goes up with more practice with a particular firearm, at least for me.  A good day at 100 yards is 80% in the black 8 ring or better with all the shots on the repair center.  Even 50 rounds/wk is enough if I don't miss any weeks.  But miss a month or two, and it is like starting over.  

Gun and ammo are excellent.  Shooter needs work.

Edit to add--I returned to the range on Thursday and shot this target.  

2024 2 8 Target 1 97BE 100 yards Lonestar PD

Joe L
Top Top