Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2024 4:31:25 PM EDT
This is not a slam but I recently had a bad day at the range using the Federal Punch 22LR ammo. I took all my Mouse guns to the range for ammo evaluation. All firearms were clean, properly lubed and are in 100% operating condition and have been 100% reliable in the past. I loaded each one up with the ammo. I had a Beretta 21A, S&W 61-3, S&W 2213, Walther TPH. I fired 15 rds thru the Beretta without a problem, then it fired and failed to extract the empty brass. The brass was swelled up in the chamber and I had to tap it out with a squib rod. It did the same thing with my S&W 61-3 and 2213 as well as my TPH. I attributed the fault of the ammo. Could it be developing excess pressure? I finished the range session using CCI Stinger ammo and every firearm worked perfectly without any problems. I fired a total of 20 rds of the Federal ammo in 4 different firearms and it failed to extract 5 times. I have either got a bad lot or something else is going on to fail to extract in 4 different previous reliable firearms? I purchased the ammo direct from Federal and have the fired case that was stuck in my Beretta 21 which I had to take home to tap it out it was so stuck.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:37:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Only test I did with it was in a Ruger lcp2.
I put 50 threw the little gun along with some win, federal and aguila.
Testing out galoway extra power sping set.
I had 1 ftfeed out of 1 of the 3 magazines, it was round up.
One Winchester dud.
Otherwise in my 1 gun it was fine.

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:09:23 PM EDT
[#2]
All the testing I have personally witnessed and from lots of net reports, I stick with my preferred rimfire defense round CCI velocitors
Heavier bullet (25% heavier actually) and in 22 you need all the help you can get.

CCI has a deserved reputation for the most reliable domestic made 22 ammo, and my experience bears that out
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:15:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I have always carried CCI 32GR Stingers since the 1970s. Never a misfire, failure to extract, doublefeed ever in any of my weapons. I am going to stick with what I know. I have made some amazing animal kills with it hunting and from what I witnessed, the tissue damage was incredible, all one shot stops. I have a query in with Federal Tech right now, I am awaiting a reply. I have always trusted and used Federal ammo since 1970's and have never had a problem before.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:38:39 PM EDT
[#4]
There maybe one you can try.
Winchester expert in a skinny cardboard box.
42gr hp.  It's the one that I had 1ftf in my lcp.
The round fell behind the seat in that hell of greasy left over fryies and other bits so I didn't examine it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:45:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By captain127:

CCI has a deserved reputation for the most reliable domestic made 22 ammo, and my experience bears that out
View Quote

my opinion also

all the other brands are for training malfunction drills
Top Top