Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2024 2:59:23 PM EDT
Looking for suggestions for a case to hold 2 full size handguns plus 8 mags. What size would I need for that and also is Pelican still the go-to? Of course, Amazon has a ton of look a likes, but are any of them any good?
Thanks,
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:05:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rlett4] [#1]
I have pelican and storm for my rifles and use seahorse for my multiple pistol cases https://seahorse.net/Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:07:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:09:17 PM EDT
[#3]
The harbor freight version is 80% good enough for 25% of the price.

That said a savior soft case is much easier so unless you’re flying I’d skip it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:27:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D_Man] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
The harbor freight version is 80% good enough for 25% of the price.

That said a savior soft case is much easier so unless you're flying I'd skip it.
View Quote
Yep, I've had a few of the HF cases and never had an issue with them.  The same cases are also on Amazon with a different brand sticker on them, but in my experience they're actually cheaper to get at HF.

APACHE 3800

APACHE 2800

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:05:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:23:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I've kept my night vision in an Apache case for about 10 years now. I used the same case on duty banging it around on patrol car doors for 7 of those 10. Night vision is way more fragile than a handgun and I've never had anything damaged.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:03:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I have Harbor Freight Apache cases and Condition 1 cases. The only difference between the two is the latches. The Condition 1 brand has a small piece to push in while opening up the latches. Otherwise the quality is the same.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:20:12 AM EDT
[#8]
For me its hard to beat the Pelican cases but you do pay a premium for them.  I know Magpul came out with a nice looking rifle case but not sure they have one yet for handguns.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:41:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I have used the "Apache" cases from Harbor Freight (with the 'plastic dip' spray trick on the foam) for several years with zero issues.

They have flown all around the nation from mega-airports to bush plane, canoed, kayaked, 4x4ed & ATVed, been bumped, dumped, rained on & sea sprayed along with covered in dirt, mud & dust at various times & combinations and everything inside was kept dry, clean & protected.

Harbor Freight just had a 1/2 off sale on Monday and from my experience, I purchased another pair of cases for both my Son & Son-In-Law.  

For the "use & value received to money paid" equation, they are hard to beat.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:09:00 AM EDT
[#10]
There's also Case Club.

Not cheap, but they work quite well.
Top Top