Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2022 11:18:24 AM EDT
What red dot are ya'll running on them? This gun will be used around the property when I am taking care of animals to keep pests and predators away. Mostly armadillos, fox, coyote, raccoons, etc.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 12:49:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VASCAR2] [#1]
I don’t have a TX22 but I have a Advantage Arms 22 LR conversion kit for my Glock 19/23 that is like the MOS Glock slide.  I put a Vortex Venom with 3 MOA dot on mine.   I just ordered a second Vortex Venom 3 MOA RDS today from AA Optics.   I ordered online this morning and is going to ship today.   You can’t beat the Vortex warranty and the Venom is a nice size for a 22 LR.   My second Venom is going on a PSA Dagger 9 mm slide.   AA Optics sell refurbished Vortex products which still have full warranty.  A Friend ordered a refurb Vortex Viper HST and it looked brand new.   I think some of the refurbs are display models but I can’t verify this.

https://aaoptics.com/Refurbished_c_122.html
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 2:45:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VASCAR2:
I don’t have a TX22 but I have a Advantage Arms 22 LR conversion kit for my Glock 19/23 that is like the MOS Glock slide.  I put a Vortex Venom with 3 MOA dot on mine.   I just ordered a second Vortex Venom 3 MOA RDS today from AA Optics.   I ordered online this morning and is going to ship today.   You can’t beat the Vortex warranty and the Venom is a nice size for a 22 LR.   My second Venom is going on a PSA Dagger 9 mm slide.   AA Optics sell refurbished Vortex products which still have full warranty.  A Friend ordered a refurb Vortex Viper HST and it looked brand new.   I think some of the refurbs are display models but I can’t verify this.

https://aaoptics.com/Refurbished_c_122.html
View Quote

Thank you! I like Vortex stuff as well and I didn’t want to pay full price. I’m fine with refurb.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 7:49:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve got another question. Anybody tried the tandemkross victory trigger? The one thing I don’t really care for is the mushy feeling trigger. Is upgrading the trigger with it or just learn to live with it?
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 2:19:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OTTOSEAR] [#4]
FastFire 3
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 12:18:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I put the lakeline dovetail mount on my tx22 with a Riton brand rds. I wouldn't put one on any carry gun, but for a 22 trainer I shoot the hell out of i figured what the hell I'll give it a shot for $100
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 2:44:58 PM EDT
[#6]
For my tx22 competition i like the leupold delta point pro with the nv settings.
Dead air mask with american eagle 45gr copper plated subsonic ammo zeroed at 25yd.
There is a 8in diameter steel gong hanging 70 yards from the back porch.
I can walk outside and hit it on the first shot with this setup.
My favorite 22lr handgun for sure.
Removed a good number of pests with it.
The bullet impact on the pest is louder than the shot.

Link Posted: 2/24/2023 2:44:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I just got a used one at my local gun shop the other day. It is a lot of fun to shoot. It ran very well with both CCI standard and Mini mags, and Federal Champion ammo. I see myself shooting this one a lot.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 4:08:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
I put the lakeline dovetail mount on my tx22 with a Riton brand rds. I wouldn't put one on any carry gun, but for a 22 trainer I shoot the hell out of i figured what the hell I'll give it a shot for $100
View Quote

Did the very same thing.  Works great.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 8:08:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Jfor:
I’ve got another question. Anybody tried the tandemkross victory trigger? The one thing I don’t really care for is the mushy feeling trigger. Is upgrading the trigger with it or just learn to live with it?
View Quote

I bought a used TX22 COMP model off the EE here and the seller sold it to me with one installed.
For the most part I really like it. The only thing I don't completely care for is the texturing on the flat trigger shoe.
I guess they put that on there for More tactile feel, but would rather like it to be smooth.
It has a nice pull with little creep and good reset. You can adjust the pull weight but l left it how he had it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 8:40:25 AM EDT
[#10]
I threw a swampfox liberty on my TX22 competition. It's held zero just fine, glass is clear, and I couldnt be happier with a red dot on a 22.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:07:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RUT] [#11]
>>Anybody tried the tandemkross victory trigger?<<

Yes, I just had one installed on my Compact and it looks and feels great!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:41:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Finally got to take the tx22 out today after getting it late last year.
Does not fire, does not eject nor does it go into battery.
Top Top