Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2024 7:13:05 PM EDT
So I have a bit of dilemma. I have a Tac Sol 2211 upper from back in 15’ or 16’. It’s the one with the kensights, full rail and a threaded barrel. Runs great. But I quit using it after the magazines started to disappear. I only have one of the aluminum or steel ones and I’ve been able to find like 4 of the polymer Jaggermag (sp) ones.

Tac sol doesn’t make parts for it anymore. Called around can’t find the proper fiber optic sight for it either.

This thing is basically discontinued, sort of rare and unsupported. Kind of why I stopped using it.

Trying to decide if I should keep it, or sell it. The 1911 frame I use it on I don’t really just want to keep as a host to collect dust. I know it works great on this frame and haven’t messed with it on others as I’m aware it may need to be modified to fit your frame. So this upper is unmodified.

I don’t know if I should just sell as an upper? Sell both together. Is there even a market for 1911 22 conversion uppers?

Not trying to sell here. Just looking for input.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 8:26:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VASCAR2] [#1]
With the current popularity of 2011 pistols this might be a decent time to try and sell your Tactical Solutions kit.   The only other 2011 22 LR kit I’ve seen is the one made by Advantage Arms.   The magazine for the AA 2011 is plastic and hold ten rounds.   I doubt the mags are interchangeable but maybe someone knows for sure.    The Tactical Solution 22 LR kits for 1911 and AR-15 always used proprietary parts and with no spare parts has really hurt their value.  

I know Ciener 1911 rimfire kit could use Kimber conversion mags but I am unaware of any other mags that fit the Tactical Solution 2011 kit.    I think all you need to use the Tactical solution 2011 kit on a 1911 frame is a slide release and a magazine.   I read where some Tactical Solution kits could use Colt Ace 22 conversion mags.   I’ve read that the GSG/Sig/Mauser mag will work with the Colt manufactured 22 conversion unit or Colt 22 Ace.   I no longer have my Colt Conversion unit but Brownell’s has a 1911 22 LR conversion mag but unsure if it will fit the single stack Tactical Solution 1911 kit.    There isn’t much discussion on gun forums about the 2011 22 LR conversions.    With the current 1911 clone/copies like the GSG/Sig it has hurt the sales of 1911 22 conversions.

If you could get someone to make a CAD drawing of the Tactical soltion mag it might be possible to 3D print the mag body, base plate and follower.

I checked and the Brownell’s 22 LR conversion mag is listed to work with the Tactical Solutions 1911 22 LR conversion kit.    I know this isn’t the information you requested but just trying to throw out possible options.

https://www.brownells.com/gun-parts/magazines/handgun-magazines-parts/1911-.22lr-conversion-magazine/

https://www.advantagearms.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=1911Mag
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:54:06 PM EDT
[#2]
It’s for a single stack frame. Idk why tac sol called it 2211, just what they did.

That brownells link shows no longer available.

I don’t think the others would work because it’s single stack.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 6:58:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VASCAR2] [#3]
If it is a single stack 1911 22 conversion kit I think you should be able to find a mag that will work with your Tactical Solution kit.

I just found this thread on rimfire central and it is worth reading.   Here is a quote and a link.

I took my Tactical Solutions 1911-22 out and tried my Armscor XT-22 magazine in it. Worked fine! Also tried a Ciener Conversion mag, all worked fine.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/threads/1911-22lr-magazine-interchangeability.571261/page-2

I have three Kimber 22 LR mags I use with an EAA 1911 22 LR conversion.   I could send you one so you could test it.

Greg Cote llc has RIA XT22 mags in stock and they look very similar to the Kimber mags.

https://gregcotellc.com/cart/armscorrock-island-actmag-c-152/armscor-rock-island-armory-full-size-1911-xt22-10-rd-22-long-rifle-magazine-55089-p-1806.html

Here is a picture of a couple Kimber mags with the EAA conversion kit slide.    Just for comparison, I don’t have access to a RIA XT-22 to test.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top