Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2024 9:53:55 PM EDT
Love my Colt AR15 and decided to go back with a 1911 for carry. I'm a larger person that Is looking for a  shoulder holster that will carry condition 1. In other words, a strap that crosses with the hammer locked. Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:18:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Galco Jackass or the Desantis/Bianchi clones would be a good setup.

It's leather, so it's kind of hot. Carrying a blued gun means a daily wipedown.

I don't think any of them are lined, so you'll have a battleworn finish in no time!

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:24:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:25:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll third the Galco Jackass recommendation.

The J will indeed be hard on a blued finish though.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:58:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Galco but buy it used off here. That way you win take a hit when you sell it used on here.

I’ve tried a bunch of shoulder holsters, but all end up overl uncomfortable after a while if you have the gun high and tight for concealment. If you’re fine with it flapping around low it’s more comfortably but still not amazing.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:29:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:45:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunnie357] [#6]
Galco Jackass not the Miami Classic or 2 but the actual Jackass.

ETA: Have a buddy help you set it. I also believe a tie down on the gun side and something heavier on the opposite helps. I run ETMs for a bit extra weight and a pare of cuffs.

ETA2: a longer thumb safety will also help lock the gun in. I’ll share a couple pics.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:55:16 PM EDT
[#7]
This will help keep the gun locked in and not allow the weight to stretch it out as much.

Here’s a GI safety

Attachment Attached File

Here’s a Extended

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:08:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I have one and I love it.
Vertical Roto-Holster

https://www.craftholsters.com/vertical-roto-shoulder-holster
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:26:10 PM EDT
[#9]
The original Alessi field master was great. Skip Ritchie ( Ritchie gunleather ) makes it still. Carries in a vertical position, then pivots for a horizontal draw. No need to block the hammer with leather but I think the field master does. Expensive, but Skip’s holsters are worth every penny
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:02:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Andrews makes a very well thought out shoulder holster.
His products are worth the money.

Some makers just hang the gun in the proper place, there's more to it than that if you intend to wear it regularly. Casual use on long drives, just about any option (including cheap nylon) will work if you can get a good firing grip while in the car seat. Wear it all day and live with it, good design comes heavily into play.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:42:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Another vote for Galco Miami Classic.
Excellent workmanship..
Top Top