Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2024 9:44:17 AM EDT
Sometime in the near future, I will be taking delivery of a G21 and G44 (GSSF Prizes).  

However, it seems like the market for trigger upgrades and mag extensions (ICO the G21) are few and far between.

What are you guys using for trigger upgrades for either the G21 or G44, and other than the Kriss mega-mag, is there any good extension for the 21?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:51:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Everyone I know with a gen 5 says the gen 5 trigger is the best glock trigger you can get. There are a few triggers over $200 that are nice, but not really $200 better.

Promag makes extended glock 44 mags, and surprisingly, they work great and are inexpensive.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#2]
No changes to my Glock 44 other than changed to 6.1 mm Glock Gen 5 night sights.   I got a 20.5 MOS with factory GNS and it is gtg with no changes.

I have two of the ProMag 18 round Glock 44 mags but I rarely load them past 15 rounds.  If loaded properly the ProMag mags work for the Glock 44.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:35:13 PM EDT
[#3]
You can modify the Glock performance trigger to work with the G44.

The SGM G21 26 round 45ACP magazines work.  
The Promag G44 18 round magazines work wonderfully if only loaded to 15 rounds.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:59:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a spare set of ameriglos I wanna throw on my g44 but afraid of cracking the slide.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 2:04:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By naes:

View Quote

This.  Just swap the ejector from the G44 housing to the GPT housing and away you go.  I put 500 rounds through mine last weekend testing it out and zero issues other than ammo related ones.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:49:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VASCAR2] [#6]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:
I have a spare set of ameriglos I wanna throw on my g44 but afraid of cracking the slide.
View Quote

No issues with my Glock 44 since I installed the steel rear 6.1 mm GNS.   I just lined up the sight the best I could and used a sight pusher to install the rear sight.  I just went slow.  The sight is still tight in the dove tail but.   I haven’t done any torture test but for a range pistol I’m satisfied.

A local FFL sent a Glock 44 slide back to Glock for a crack near the ejection port.   It appeared Glock replaced the polymer portion since the returned slide had the original serial number.   I read another instance where someone sent in a cracked 44 slide and received the same slide back with new polymer.

One thing to be aware of is the actual polymer dovetail is narrower than a steel 19.5 slide so you won’t have hardly any windage adjustment.   The Gen 5 night sight base is narrower and is better IMHO.

Here is a picture of the 6.1 mm rear Glock Night Sight in the dove tail of my Glock 44.   The new 6.1 mm rear sight has a narrower base permitting more windage adjustment in the rear dove tail.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I use the Taran Tactical +4 base pads on my Glock 21 mags and really like them.  No issues using them and you get 17rds.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:14:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ETCss_McCrackin] [#8]
Originally Posted By NorthPolar:

This.  Just swap the ejector from the G44 housing to the GPT housing and away you go.  I put 500 rounds through mine last weekend testing it out and zero issues other than ammo related ones.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Do any of the connectors (Lone Wolf, etc) work or make a difference in the G44?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 6:18:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ETCss_McCrackin:

Do any of the disconnectors (Lone Wolf, etc) work or make a difference in the G44?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ETCss_McCrackin:

Do any of the disconnectors (Lone Wolf, etc) work or make a difference in the G44?

I have a GPT in mine, so I’m not fiddling with disconnectors. I’d think they would since the G44 is almost identical to a 19, but can’t confirm.
Top Top