Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2024 5:53:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: medicmandan]
Ordered a RAIDER as a Christmas present to myself.  Due to surgery, I wasn't going to be doing ANY shooting until May, so other than being annoying, the recall was no big deal.  Got it back today, read the spec sheet, they had a new mag in there as a thank you....THEN I got the pistol out.

The tag that goes with the pistol has a metal tab on it--when they put the pistol back in the case, they placed the metal tab UNDER the slide--so now a I have a nice roughly backwards C area where the Cerakote is worn down to the metal.......

One step forwards, two steps back.......
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 6:02:48 PM EDT
[#1]
In before the title change.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#2]
How does your trigger ‘feel’
Same ?
Better ?
Worse ?

Let us know if they take care of their error.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I would hope the company that buggered up your pistol would fix it....unless it was already buggered up (which I kinda doubt).
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:22:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmb4765] [#4]
HOLY CRAP---wow, this place is sure changing, lol!!!  I had not fired it before i sent it back, so I cannot compare.  Trigger pull is listed at around 4 pounds, 10 ounces IIRC (Left it 2 hours north had to go to follow-up for my shoulder).  Otherwise brand-new in box.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 4:05:33 PM EDT
[#5]
FOLLOW-UP:  2 emails and 3 phone calls later= I got was one response asking me to send pictures; I replied asking for a phone number to send them to and have had -0- responses.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 5:04:30 PM EDT
[#6]
10 minutes later--got an email saying they don't have any way to take pictures EXCEPT as a response to the email.   When I first got the recall notice, was told they do not accept faxes. So apparently they do not accept faxes nor have a company cell phone.  They also take multiple texts and emails to get any response.  Not feeling real good about this--send in an unfired pistol, get one back with Cerakote gone....
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 6:23:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Send a picture of your pistol by attaching the image file to an email to SDS customer service.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 6:45:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VASCAR2:
Send a picture of your pistol by attaching the image file to an email to SDS customer service.
View Quote

Yes, this is the standard business practice.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 1:16:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Did it--will see how long for a reply and will post what it is.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:46:33 PM EDT
[#10]
WELLLLLL---I took it to a guy who does Cerakote, and he says yeah, the finish is about 95% gone and that shiny stuff i see is metal.  After 3 months of back and forth, I got the slide back with a note saying nothing was done, it was "just a smudge...."  I do not expect my weapons to stay pristine, but fucks be upon these assholes for selling me a pistol, recalling it before I put a round downrange, dicking me around for 2 months while the SECOND problem they created was supposed to be fixed, and then breaking one off in my ass.   I have learned my lesson, and after looking at ton of other posts about parts being replaced, it is obvious these guys are ass-hats.
Top Top