Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2024 10:34:06 AM EDT
Am hoping to relocate to TN, exact location TBD. Don't worry, I'll bring my very conservative voting and small government thinking with me.

I've been shooting in .22 bullseye pistol leagues for 20 years or so, and really enjoy it. I'd like to keep doing that when I move.

Anyone know of any clubs with teams? The communist hellhole where I currently live has leagues covering the whole state, surprisingly enough and there is very active competition. I shoot two matches a week from September through about April.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 11:05:33 PM EDT
[#1]
No leagues that I'm aware of in Middle or East TN.

Might be some stuff ran by local gun ranges, but I don't know of any. There are some rimfire steel plate matches, but that's not what you're asking for.

Only advice I can offer is hit the NRA website & look for some TN matches. I would imagine all bulls-eye matches will be NRA-sanctioned, so they should be linked there, IMO.

Sorry I wasn't more help.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 11:16:00 AM EDT
[#2]
A club near Knoxville recently closed its indoor .22 gallery.  The bulls-eye program had dropped to about a half dozen regulars, mostly Social Security age guys.

Back in the 1980s, 90s and earlier, bulls-eye was a big deal.  The program had to run two relays one evening a week and had a lady’s evening at least once a month.  Younger folks never showed much interest in bulls-eye—didn’t have the movement or practicality of IDPA or similar shooting sports.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 3:08:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JWnTN:

Younger folks never showed much interest in bulls-eye—didn’t have the movement or practicality of IDPA or similar shooting sports.
View Quote

Which explains their lack of shooting fundamentals, IMO. Sad.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 5:02:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I appreciate the responses guys. My retirement location is very much to be determined. I like TN because I like the south and the tax situation in TN is pretty good. Am not opposed to other places with a more active match population, bullseye or otherwise.

I will spend some time on the NRA site and see if I can find anything...
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 9:57:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SACraig] [#6]
There are a number of relatively large facilities in the state.  The few that come to my mind are:

Middle Tennessee Sporting Association -- Dixon Springs, TN

Montgomery County Shooting Complex -- Clarksville, TN (see note below)

Dead Zero Shooting Park -- Spencer, TN (see note below)

Oak Ridge Sportsman's Association -- Oak Ridge, TN (see note below)

Unknown #1 -- Seems like there is a good-sized facility around Jackson, TN but I can't remember what it is.

Unknown #2 -- Same as above for Memphis.  I even shot there once but can't remember the name of it.

Montgomery County Shooting Complex note:  MCSC is a large facility and has individual ranges for a lot of venues.  Several of their ranges are closed right now (and have been for a good while).  My understanding is that they are doing lead abatement on some of their facilities but I could be wrong.

Dead Zero Note -- Dead Zero is probably one of the largest facilities in the state, and also one of the most expensive for some venues.  They have a huge site and could easily work in some bullseye pistol if you could convince them of it.

Oak Ridge Note -- ORSA is an old, established site and is members-only except for match days.  I've shot USPSA there several times without being a member.  It's a large facility, 1,000 yard rifle as I recall, but I don't know how much of the site is actually in use.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:09:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Good info, thanks!
Top Top