Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:27:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope it is that cold. Anything to make the ground harder. Bring the bowling pins if you want. There were some out there earlier this year but I havnt seen them lately.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:09:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Evening All.

Has anyone been to Miller's since New Years Day?
I'm curious to know how much of the water went away.

Also,
JME,
The other day, somone mentioned providing food for the event.
Do you know if I should still plan on bringing a big grill?

I'm still watching the weather regarding the tent.
Are you guys planning on shooting from the shelter, from "somewhere in the field",  from the clubhouse, from "all of the above", or is it all " depending on the weather"?

BTW,
I picked up that SL8 today. I may go out tomorrow and see how it feels when it's warm.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:38:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Evening All.

Also,
JME,

Are you guys planning on shooting from the shelter, from "somewhere in the field",  from the clubhouse, from "all of the above", or is it all " depending on the weather"?

BTW,
I picked up that SL8 today. I may go out tomorrow and see how it feels when it's warm.

With the number of people we're having it would be nice to have. I can bring some hamburger meat and hotdogs and Anne is bringing some brauts. IF everyother person could bring something we would have plenty. I can bring buns and condiments as well. I could also help load or transport some of this stuff if you would like.

Id say we end up shooting at 50-75 yards away so no shelter. If we dont have stand up shelters we will just have to go in the clubhouse or get wet although there are a couple people who have their own. There will be plenty help to setup anything you bring but its up to you as to what you think would ok to setup given the weather conditions.

What time are you going to millers tomorrow? Ive always wanted one of those sl8's but never shot one
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:03:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

We will be dissapointed if you do not come but Diabolical_Chicken is rather good at loading mags too and Im sure she can handle the extra work load.
j/k

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:30:21 PM EDT
[#5]
JME,

Probably "noonish" or so.

If you have a time preference, let me know, and I'll adjust my breakfast schedule so as to be more specific.....hereJohn
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:46:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Noonish works good for me although 12:30-1 would be better. I'll see you there.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Lol, you know zoub has certain sense of humor that not everyone can relate to. He didnt mean any harm.

We will be dissapointed if you do not come but Diabolical_Chicken is rather good at loading mags too and Im sure she can handle the extra work load.
j/k

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:41:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lol, you know zoub has certain sense of humor that not everyone can relate to. He didnt mean any harm.

j/k

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:04:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I might have to try and make a "dry run" today after I sleep afew hours(figure out where the heck it is) I just got back from Latrobe Pa.(east of pittsburg) and had the not so bright idea to take us30 through pittsburg across the state home to Findlay(slow going!) I want to pick up my new(well almost) Dillon 550B, Dies in 9mm,.45, and some other reloading stuff.  $275 for the lot. I spotted it last monday at a gunshop but didn't have the cash. Called yesterday morning, guy hadn't sold it, so I gave him my credit card info and had a friend pick it up, then drove over to get it from my friend in Pa.

Damn, I'm begining to feel like a truck driver!

Hessian-1out!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:09:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Heres a tip Hessian: the last road you turn onto(township line rd) off of 73 will have flashing yellow lights and the road will dip sharply. You will see their sign by the road when you get there.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:51:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Heres a tip Hessian: the last road you turn onto(township line rd) off of 73 will have flashing yellow lights and the road will dip sharply. You will see their sign by the road when you get there.

Yeah, if you're coming from I-71 it will be the first flashing yellow light.  If you're coming from I-75 it will be the second.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:14:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Evening All.

Also,
JME,

BTW,

With the number of people we're having it would be nice to have. I can bring some hamburger meat and hotdogs and Anne is bringing some brauts. IF everyother person could bring something we would have plenty. I can bring buns and condiments as well. I could also help load or transport some of this stuff if you would like.

Id say we end up shooting at 50-75 yards away so no shelter. If we dont have stand up shelters we will just have to go in the clubhouse or get wet although there are a couple people who have their own. There will be plenty help to setup anything you bring but its up to you as to what you think would ok to setup given the weather conditions.

What time are you going to millers tomorrow? Ive always wanted one of those sl8's but never shot one

Zoub says that he'll bring a crock-pot full of his "Pre-Burner Nacho Dip" of survival campout fame.  He's using deer sausage this time .  From personal experience, I'll attest that it's pretty damned awesome.  

He's planning on teaching me to shoot trap.  Is this place set up so that you can shoot rifles and trap at the same time?  How far is the trap pad from the clubhouse?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks guys! It looks like a pretty easy trip from the directions I've got.(MapQuest is our friend!

Think I'll pick some sushi for supper at Sushi Cafe(exit 44)

Hessian-1(leaving now)out!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:32:36 PM EDT
[#14]
In addition to various guns and ammo I will also bring some extra "clear coat" for fingernails, you know, it is called nail hardener or something like that?  Anyway, just an FYI for the women, who may want to put some on BEORE they start loading mags, while I am taking my afternoon nap.

FYI, cold is good, if it is below freezing it will be much better.  We can round up a few heaters for our feet!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:03:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Zoub says that he'll bring a crock-pot full of his "Pre-Burner Nacho Dip" of survival campout fame.  He's using deer sausage this time .  From personal experience, I'll attest that it's pretty damned awesome.  

He's planning on teaching me to shoot trap.  Is this place set up so that you can shoot rifles and trap at the same time?  How far is the trap pad from the clubhouse?

Yes the nacha dip is goood.

When we shoot everyone is on the same firing line. There arent lanes with different distances like at some ranges just a big field with a berm. In the past we've branched off from the guys shooting rifles and shot clays as well. To use the trap house though you have to be all the way up by the clubhouse which is around 300 yards from the berm.

So to answer your question you can shoot trap when others are shooting rifles you just have to use your own thrower and maintaint the same firing line as the other shooters. IVe got a handheld thrower that works good and some other guys have them as well.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:03:52 PM EDT
[#16]
I think the field was even wetter today than it was for New Years.  Maybe with a little luck it will be frozen for the shoot.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:23:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
In addition to various guns and ammo I will also bring some extra "clear coat" for fingernails, you know, it is called nail hardener or something like that?  Anyway, just an FYI for the women, who may want to put some on BEORE they start loading mags, while I am taking my afternoon nap.

FYI, cold is good, if it is below freezing it will be much better.  We can round up a few heaters for our feet!

This is the latest weather forcast for this area:

Friday
Partly cloudy. Much colder with highs in the lower 20s.
nt_partlycloudy

Friday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows 5 to 10 above.
partlycloudy

Saturday
Partly cloudy. Highs 15 to 20.
nt_partlycloudy

Saturday Night
partlycloudy

Sunday
Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 20s.

If this is correct the ground will freeze friday night which will be good. Im with you though. Id rather have it cold and hard ground then mushy and muddy. It was pretty slippery out there today.

I talked to Tim and I saw the camper he has for you and cowgirl. Its one of the nicest ones there going just by the exterior. He assured me he would have the clubhouse, bathrooms and showers spic and span and some firewood for the night.

JEC is going to loan us his industrial grade grill which is decent sized and is also going to try to get some used tennis balls for targets (we had some fun with those today).

Im bringing hamburger, hotdogs and buns, pots for cooking, lettuce, onion tomatoes etc. Annes bringing brauts and brownies. Aw4ever is bringing BBq of some sort. Like at the memorial day shoot everyone just contributed something and we had plenty. Bring your own pop/beer etc.

Theres a small area in the clubhouse with a nice big table top we can designate for a mag loading assembly line for the ladies while we shoot pool, smoke cigars and talk about guy stuff.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:26:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I think the field was even wetter today than it was for New Years.  Maybe with a little luck it will be frozen for the shoot.

Yea, I thought I was gonna have to go home and get the tracker to get John unstuck but he made it out. I dont think it was quite as bad as last week but close.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:28:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#20]

...(we had some fun with those today)...

No. ---YOU--- had fun with those today

I just stood there watching them go into orbit....h......

Well, almost, but not quite
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:41:02 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
In addition to various guns and ammo I will also bring some extra "clear coat" for fingernails, you know, it is called nail hardener or something like that?  Anyway, just an FYI for the women, who may want to put some on BEORE they start loading mags, while I am taking my afternoon nap.  Huh?  I thought that "big boys" didn't need to take naps anymore.

This is the latest weather forcast for this area:

Friday
Partly cloudy. Much colder with highs in the lower 20s.
nt_partlycloudy

Friday Night
partlycloudy

Saturday
Partly cloudy. Highs 15 to 20.
nt_partlycloudy

Saturday Night
partlycloudy

Sunday
Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 20s.

If this is correct the ground will freeze friday night which will be good. Im with you though. Id rather have it cold and hard ground then mushy and muddy. It was pretty slippery out there today.

I talked to Tim and I saw the camper he has for you and cowgirl. Its one of the nicest ones there going just by the exterior. He assured me he would have the clubhouse, bathrooms and showers spic and span and some firewood for the night.

JEC is going to loan us his industrial grade grill which is decent sized and is also going to try to get some used tennis balls for targets (we had some fun with those today).

Im bringing hamburger, hotdogs and buns, pots for cooking, lettuce, onion tomatoes etc. Annes bringing brauts and brownies. Aw4ever is bringing BBq of some sort. Like at the memorial day shoot everyone just contributed something and we had plenty. Bring your own pop/beer etc.

Theres a small area in the clubhouse with a nice big table top we can designate for a mag loading assembly line for the ladies while we shoot pool, smoke cigars and talk about guy stuff.  Really?  Don't bet on it.

Sir, I'm sorry, but I now must challenge you to a duel.  To the death .  Duh!
You and Zoub...Dios, Mio!  Cut us ladies some slack, guys.  At least we're going to attend and we'll also shoot, too!  Y'all should be grateful to have us along to make things interesting (and a little more sanitary, as an added bonus).

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:45:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
You and Zoub...Dios, Mio!  Cut us ladies some slack, guys.

bring sweets and they will be eating out of your hand, LITERALLY  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:47:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You and Zoub...Dios, Mio!  Cut us ladies some slack, guys.

bring sweets and they will be eating out of your hand, LITERALLY  

I really like that idea.  A lot .
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:52:21 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Someones getting a spanking back at the homestead for being a smartass! Have fun sleeping on the couch man
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:55:42 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Sir, I'm sorry, but I now must challenge you to a duel.  To the death .  Duh!
You and Zoub...Dios, Mio!  Cut us ladies some slack, guys.  At least we're going to attend and we'll also shoot, too!  Y'all should be grateful to have us along to make things interesting (and a little more sanitary, as an added bonus).

Cowgirl Iam greatful to have women attending....its just that being a smartass myself zoub is a bad influence on me and feel like I must play along. Let him take my punishment this week to make up for my teasing. Im sure he will humbily oblidge
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:41:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:55:53 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Someones getting a spanking back at the homestead for being a smartass! Have fun sleeping on the couch man

I have no idea what he said, but I bet I have a pretty good idea.

The campers have couches??

I hope there is enough firewood for a he-man fire.

Zoub, do I need to go get the clay thrower???

Bob

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:03:18 PM EDT
[#28]
I will bring a launcher for the clays!.... I already have 2 maybe 3 cases of birds..

that i will bring along with me ....

Might even bring along a small cook stove to brew some coffee on... might come in handy!

COLT!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:51:59 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I will bring a launcher for the clays!.... I already have 2 maybe 3 cases of birds..

that i will bring along with me ....

Might even bring along a small cook stove to brew some coffee on... might come in handy!

COLT!

Your wife is coming right?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:59:25 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have no idea what he said, but I bet I have a pretty good idea.

The campers have couches??

I hope there is enough firewood for a he-man fire.

Zoub, do I need to go get the clay thrower???

Bob

Geez, you guys can only wish you knew the true story!  Pain can be good when applied properly.

Nah, leave the thrower where it is.  In temps that cold I am not loading any bird thrower, us old timers will use the regular trap house.  Of course I have asssumed all along there is a full blown trap house with thrower in it?  All we have to do is maybe reload it with birds.  That is what the $4 per round charge is for, the birds.  A round is typically 25 birds, 5 birds at each of 5 stations.

Are we on track Johnny?  Is there a regular trap house with thrower?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:11:40 AM EDT
[#31]
There is a trap house but its got a very old school trap thrower in it, ie one bird in it at a time.   So I'm not real sure what Tim's going to do with that.. either someone sits on the chair in the traphouse and drops in one at a time or he's going to have someone to do that.  I've got a hand thrower in the trunk if it comes to that
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:33:08 AM EDT
[#32]
So what is the schedule of events going to be here?
When does it start.
What sort of shooting "events" are there going to be.
What should I bring to eat.

Unfortunately I can't stay overnight but I am planing on being at the shoot.  I've got a Garand and an FN-49 that I need to heat up.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:33:07 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
There is a trap house but its got a very old school trap thrower in it, ie one bird in it at a time.   So I'm not real sure what Tim's going to do with that.. either someone sits on the chair in the traphouse and drops in one at a time or he's going to have someone to do that.  I've got a hand thrower in the trunk if it comes to that

Damn, the good old days!!  I worked in a few clubs in my day, so if the trap works we can do it.  It's been a long time since I had my hand slapped by a thrower.  It hurts just thinking about it!

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:01:44 AM EDT
[#34]
hey all:

trying to get healthy so i can get to millers but i dont know. got the flu just before new years and it has kicked my butt big time.

i am really looking forward to meeting everyone.

would it be okay if i brought along a friend...

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:56:00 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

If you bring a friend, then everyone will want to bring a friend.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:35:38 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you bring a friend, then everyone will want to bring a friend.

That's why I'm bringing a stripper, so no one will gripe about my 3rd wheel.

As to when things are going down, there's a show at Wilmington Saturday and Sunday, so myself I'll be getting there after I hit the show, probably around 11am or so. And I assume we're doing our clay busting later in the day (or at night), that's how we usually do it....maybe after dinner.

The "3-gun" competition, if everyone's still game, should be around let's say 3pm and I'll take care of that...since it was my idea. I'll try to set it up so that everyone can still shoot while we do it, and I can just call over the next guy.

Other than that, we're just going to shoot alot and freeze our jewels off.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:40:43 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
hey all:

trying to get healthy so i can get to millers but i dont know. got the flu just before new years and it has kicked my butt big time.

i am really looking forward to meeting everyone.

I hope you get better and your welcome to bring a friend.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:23:01 PM EDT
[#38]
OK, I'm committed.  I spent a chunk of change on cold weather clothing today.
I fogot to use my damn Gander Mountain Gift Card, when I paid, too.
Now, for a run over to AIM for a .50 cal box full of SS109. (900rds 149.95)
And maybe a K98.... we'll see how they look.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:37:14 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
OK, I'm committed.  I spent a chunk of change on cold weather clothing today.
I fogot to use my damn Gander Mountain Gift Card, when I paid, too.
Now, for a run over to AIM for a .50 cal box full of SS109. (900rds 149.95)
And maybe a K98.... we'll see how they look.

Be sure to stop at the red light on 122 before turning right. That K-98 might cost alot more if you don't.

Glad you reminded me of cold weather gear too, I need to dig out my thermal undies from the bottom of the closet.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:46:39 PM EDT
[#40]
I'll probably shut off my engine, and turn on my flashers for 60 seconds, before proceeding through that intersection again.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:03:04 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I'll probably shut off my engine, and turn on my flashers for 60 seconds, before proceeding through that intersection again.

Just go ahead and have your license and registration, along with a c-spot, hanging out the window as you make a right turn. I think they call that intersection a "collection point".
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:13:33 PM EDT
[#42]
----adding "large caliber Coffeemaker" to the list of stuff  to bring.
55 or 100 cup at least......hn

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:42:08 PM EDT
[#43]
The wife will be attending 1 day with me, possibly both..... depends whats going on at home....

she will be there on sunday for sure.....

We could have a egg shoot..... tape a egg on a string,suspend it from a post.  pace off 75 yrds, an everyone kicks in a buck or 2, you get 1 shot to hit the egg..... if ya break it, you win the pot.... 22LR iron sites!.... to make it interesting!..... we keep shooting till someone gets lucky enough to hit it!!

colt!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:13:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Now that does sound fun.  Unfortunately, all my 22LR rifles are scoped.  How about 22LR handguns?  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#45]
shall we say any 22LR that is not scoped , pistol or rifle..... that sound fair enough?

Each time you shoot it cost a buck or 2..... that has the potential to build up a nice pot!... seen one shoot that had over $200 in it.....

COLT!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:57:28 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm not so sure pistols would be fair up against rifles... though, either way, I'm not confident enough in my shooting to put down a cent.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:15:23 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I'm not so sure pistols would be fair up against rifles... though

You're right about that. Everyone's rifles against me with my .22 pistol puts everyone at a severe disadvantage. I'll shoot left handed just to level the field.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:34:30 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm not so sure pistols would be fair up against rifles... though

You're right about that. Everyone's rifles against me with my .22 pistol puts everyone at a severe disadvantage. I'll shoot left handed just to level the field.

But you know what kind of a hurry we're in!

Okay, have it your way.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:12:31 AM EDT
[#49]
How many guns are you all planing on bringing?  I'm up to like 6 or 7 already here.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:30:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Would it be ok to use tracers there?
Page / 6
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top