Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2023 4:34:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmsnare]
Out of curiosity, do the peripheral training requirements (med, wildland etc) need to be completed in sequential rating order, or can we grab them as available?  Example, looking at a Med class (candidate 1st class signoff) while still needing to complete the PT test element of candidate 2nd class - can I take med class for signoff prior to PT test being logged?

Also, haven't seen any mention of the NAEMT PHTLS (Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Saver) course, but found a local provider which could be a good fit between STB/BLS and an EMT-B cert?  Concerns there?  Thanks!

@Ben
@NotCaliforniaLegal
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 9:34:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not Ben or Notcalifornialegal, but you can do them as the opportunities arise.

No idea on your second question.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 2:10:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I took PHTLS once. It's actually meant as a supplement to EMT-I or Paramedic-level training. I took it as an EMT-B and the instructors mostly looked at me as though I had horns growing out of my head.

Something may have changed but you should probably talk to the instructor before clearing your calendar or writing the check.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:05:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Appreciate it. I found a TCCC class that is open enrollment that I'll do instead. Could get a group together if there is interest - looking at this fall.
Top Top