Posted: 6/9/2021 8:09:43 PM EDT
What are the must do or see's there?

Will be there middle of next week.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:35:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 9:22:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GreenLantern] [#2]
This isn't a lot of help for you now, but my family and I spent MEA weekend in Fargo so I thought I'd list the things we did in the area in case anyone else is interested.

Scheels - Worth stopping in to browse the merchandise.  I'd spend a ton of cash there if money were no issue.  Most notable was their good selection of 2011 Staccato handguns.  I'm always on the look out for 3rd generation S&W autos.  They had a 3913 NL and a 6946, both in very good condition.  I wish they'd ditch the cheese grater cases they lock the guns into.  Can't see worth a damn through those.

Young Blood Coffee - I don't drink coffee so I can't comment on the quality but seemed like a nice place.  Took the family there one morning for coffee

Downtown - Downtown area was much bigger than we expected.  A fair number of shops to browse and a great place to spend some time at.

Buffalo River State Park - East of Moorehead.  Hiking trails worth spending 1-2 hours traversing if you're into that

Izumi Sushi & Hibachi - Standard Hibachi and Sushi type place.  Decent but not outstanding

Haunted Farm - Obviously this was a Halloween timed event.  I honestly thought it was pretty lame for $22.  Acres of Terror was that same type of activity and I kind of wish we had gone to that one instead, but it was probably another 20 minutes further away given where we were at the time.

Ishtar Mediterranean Cuisine - Typical greek or Mediterranean type food.  Very good and I would definitely recommend it.  My kids typical do not prefer to eat at places like this but all 3 of them really liked their meal.

Hjemkomst Center - I can't say much about this because only my wife and one daughter toured that while the rest of us went elsewhere.

Pixeled Brewery - 'Brew pub' with old arcade games.  I put 'Brew pub' in quotes because they didn't really have their own beers.  Big selection of arcade games to play for $.25 per game (tokens).  No pin ball machines though.  Anyone under 21 is allowed in only on Sundays though.  I think this was the first time I played Donkey Kong in 30+ years.  Definitely a fun stop.

Sunset Lanes - Bowling, not much else to say.  $20 for 4 of us to bowl one game so I thought that was pretty economical

Wurst Bier Hall - Huge selection of beer and the food was phenomenal.  I stepped outside my comfort zone and had the Porketta Fargo sandwich and it was awesome.

Cheyenne National Grassland - South, South-West of Fargo.  We wanted to get down there and do some hiking but the weather was iffy so we held off.  Our family weekend trips usually have a health share of hiking and I would say that this was one activity that I felt the Fargo-Moorhead did not have a lot of.  Though we knew that ahead of time.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 7:43:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GreenLantern:
This isn't a lot of help for you now, but my family and I spent MEA weekend in Fargo so I thought I'd list the things we did in the area in case anyone else is interested.

Scheels - Worth stopping in to browse the merchandise.  I'd spend a ton of cash there if money were no issue.  Most notable was their good selection of 2011 Staccato handguns.  I'm always on the look out for 3rd generation S&W autos.  They had a 3913 NL and a 6946, both in very good condition.  I wish they'd ditch the cheese grater cases they lock the guns into.  Can't see worth a damn through those.

Young Blood Coffee - I don't drink coffee so I can't comment on the quality but seemed like a nice place.  Took the family there one morning for coffee

Downtown - Downtown area was much bigger than we expected.  A fair number of shops to browse and a great place to spend some time at.

Buffalo River State Park - East of Moorehead.  Hiking trails worth spending 1-2 hours traversing if you're into that

Izumi Sushi & Hibachi - Standard Hibachi and Sushi type place.  Decent but not outstanding

Haunted Farm - Obviously this was a Halloween timed event.  I honestly thought it was pretty lame for $22.  Acres of Terror was that same type of activity and I kind of wish we had gone to that one instead, but it was probably another 20 minutes further away given where we were at the time.

Ishtar Mediterranean Cuisine - Typical greek or Mediterranean type food.  Very good and I would definitely recommend it.  My kids typical do not prefer to eat at places like this but all 3 of them really liked their meal.

Hjemkomst Center - I can't say much about this because only my wife and one daughter toured that while the rest of us went elsewhere.

Pixeled Brewery - 'Brew pub' with old arcade games.  I put 'Brew pub' in quotes because they didn't really have their own beers.  Big selection of arcade games to play for $.25 per game (tokens).  No pin ball machines though.  Anyone under 21 is allowed in only on Sundays though.  I think this was the first time I played Donkey Kong in 30+ years.  Definitely a fun stop.

Sunset Lanes - Bowling, not much else to say.  $20 for 4 of us to bowl one game so I thought that was pretty economical

Wurst Bier Hall - Huge selection of beer and the food was phenomenal.  I stepped outside my comfort zone and had the Porketta Fargo sandwich and it was awesome.

Cheyenne National Grassland - South, South-West of Fargo.  We wanted to get down there and do some hiking but the weather was iffy so we held off.  Our family weekend trips usually have a health share of hiking and I would say that this was one activity that I felt the Fargo-Moorhead did not have a lot of.  Though we knew that ahead of time.
View Quote

Fargo air museum, Scheels  and the Sheyenne grasslands were my favorite places there.  
Top Top