Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2024 2:14:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FOX_OSCAR_hook]
Greetings fellow SC enthusiasts. So we just signed a contract on a house in the Clemson area, will arrive this summer. Looking forward to getting there and getting settled.
I had a thread going about moving there, but it archived.

I'm an SC native, retiring from a well north of 20yr mil career and heading to the Palmetto state. Maybe I can meet some of you folks soon!
Cheers

ETA: Anybody been to Kite Hill Brewing? Looks like a great spot.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:44:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome home!  

I don't get out of my volcano lair much in the Greater Irmo - Chapin Metroplex.  Clempson's  too far over the horizon for me to comment factually.  Best of luck with the move.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:34:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MitchbSC:
Welcome home!  

I don't get out of my volcano lair much in the Greater Irmo - Chapin Metroplex.  Clempson's  too far over the horizon for me to comment factually.  Best of luck with the move.
View Quote
Thanks! My folks live near your AOR so I understand the allure.
There will be 4x Bojangles within a 15min radius of the new place. Might have to buy a bigger belt!
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:29:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Considering where you are moving, you might be able to do more fishing than just wishing you were fishin'.

Says a lot about this place that a sandlapper comes home after service abroad.

Good luck on your move
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:01:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FOX_OSCAR_hook] [#4]
Originally Posted By lizARdman15:
Considering where you are moving, you might be able to do more fishing than just wishing you were fishin'.

Says a lot about this place that a sandlapper comes home after service abroad.

Good luck on your move
View Quote

Not gonna lie, one of the big draws to that area was all the varied fishing opportunities. I haven't fished much in the last 3 years and it's been weighing heavily on my soul.
Looking forward to "catching" up for lost time in them thar hills of Cackalacky. Also looking forward to ample, free, convenient parking, ice in my drinks, and air conditioning. None of those are plentiful here.
I will miss the Belgian beer. It's hard to beat.

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:14:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By FOX_OSCAR_hook:

Not gonna lie, one of the big draws to that area was all the varied fishing opportunities. I haven't fished much in the last 3 years and it's been weighing heavily on my soul.
Looking forward to "catching" up for lost time in them thar hills of Cackalacky. Also looking forward to ample, free, convenient parking, ice in my drinks, and air conditioning. None of those are plentiful here.
I will miss the Belgian beer. It's hard to beat.

View Quote

Find a total wine. I don't have one close to me, but I stop at one in concord, nc when I go up for work once a week.

Not sure where you plan to fish...guessing hartwell mostly. Haven't got to go there yet, but i've made a few trips to the river above and below Russell Dam
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:12:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By fulminate:

Find a total wine. I don't have one close to me, but I stop at one in concord, nc when I go up for work once a week.

Not sure where you plan to fish...guessing hartwell mostly. Haven't got to go there yet, but i've made a few trips to the river above and below Russell Dam
View Quote
Copy on Total Wine. My brother found some Orval at a store but it was $7 per bottle
Fishing will mostly be in Hartwell with excursions into Keowee. I love smallmouth action, but getting a spotted bass on a hook is fun as well.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:53:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Are there any good sporting clays or skeet ranges in the Clemson area? Google says there one in Belton and west of Anderson.
Any experiences out there?
Cheers
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:14:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Are there any good sporting clays or skeet ranges in the Clemson area? Google says there one in Belton and west of Anderson.
Any experiences out there?
Cheers
View Quote

The only I know of is in Clinton Clinton house plantation
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:38:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By bossco14:

The only I know of is in Clinton Clinton house plantation
View Quote
That looks awesome! TYVM for that post
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#10]
That looks awesome! TYVM for that post
View Quote

Let me know once you get settled if you want to get on some fish.  Also Im a member at CH/SGC if you ever want to shoot sporting.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:39:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Chadsc:

Let me know once you get settled if you want to get on some fish.  Also Im a member at CH/SGC if you ever want to shoot sporting.
View Quote
Will do! Thanks for the offer. I've been on Hartwell a few times but it was a long time ago. Always good to learn from a local.
Top Top