Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2023 1:34:46 PM EDT
The last time I purchased a modern firearm in MD was 2009 (2 stripped lowers and another two CavArms lowers).  Since then I've been sticking to C&R stuff, mainly because I don't want to deal with MD bullshit. But now there's a lower on GB I want enough to tolerate it.

Can someone point me to a concise description of the process whereby one purchases a lower in MD?  Is it the same as the handgun process (about which I also know nothing.). Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:23:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MCFC] [#1]
You’ll have to have it sent to an FFL. Go on the Maryland state police website and set up an account through the portal.

https://licensingportal.mdsp.maryland.gov/MspBridgeClient/#/home

Fill out the 77r. You don’t need a HQL for a stripped lower. Once the form is filled out and sent, check your emails. That’ll give you your pin #. When the FFL calls and says your lowers in you’ll go in and complete the rest of the 77r along with the federal 4473.

Wait 7 days get the not disapproved email then go pick your lower up.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:50:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Excellent!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 1:51:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Absolutely!
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 9:56:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh an added bonus you can now use the "regulated" firearm purchase as a training exemption for your HQL.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 9:17:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By StaccatoC2:
Oh an added bonus you can now use the "regulated" firearm purchase as a training exemption for your HQL.
View Quote
Cool!
Top Top