Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2024 3:10:35 PM EDT
This past weekend I gave my last class. I've decided to pull the plug on the training gig and spend more time doing things I've put off for too long.

I'd like to offer up a sincere thank you to all the ARFCOM folks who supported the classes over the years, both my classes and the other instructors I brought to Aucilla. ARFCOM and it's members, along with a couple other local gun boards, were instrumental in making my training business a success... I considered it a big success.

Many of you have been coming back over and over for years, sometimes twice in one year, that type of support didn't go unnoticed and it was greatly appreciated... you know who your are. Because of the classes, I've made some great friends and connections. Many of you have been a much better friend to me that I have to you... that too I realize. There have been some damn great times after hours in the hunt camp for sure.

I'm going to spend a few months and make some improvements to the hunt camp where my brother James and I can host some get-togethers. I'm optimistic that early October, when the weather isn't so damn hot, I can host a HTF gathering... it's been talked about a lot lately with no real traction. I'm sure if I set a date well ahead of time folks will come. Either that or Feb due to the cooler weather and ability to shoot at night as it gets dark sooner.

Again, a BIG THANK YOU to each and every one of you who attended a Signal-0 class... I appreciate it.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:31:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Well... dammit. I just got to the health point where I could take a class.

Nonetheless, enjoy the 'retirement'. If you do host a HTF get together, I'll see ya there!
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:02:12 PM EDT
[#2]
You will have representation from the People's Republic of Alachua County at your gathering/s.  Fellowship and comradery is a big deal when I set everything in my life aside for a weekend to train and have a good time with like minded folks,  sharpen my skills, relax, learn and watch others learn and improve their skill set.  I've dragged several folks up your way and all enjoyed the experience. Im gonna miss the immersive Sig 0 experience.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:17:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope you count me among your supporters and new friends you’ve made along the way. Going all the way back to when we first met you’ve been a solid guy. I’m happy that I was able to come and be a part of the fun stuff you do up there and we definitely need to catch up again soon. You and I are way overdue to be out in the field smoking coyotes with the thermals.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:05:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 9mmCarbine:
I hope you count me among your supporters and new friends you’ve made along the way. Going all the way back to when we first met you’ve been a solid guy. I’m happy that I was able to come and be a part of the fun stuff you do up there and we definitely need to catch up again soon. You and I are way overdue to be out in the field smoking coyotes with the thermals.
View Quote

Yep... you and Todd above have certainly been supportive and I appreciate the friendship.

Time to move on to other tasks but that doesn't mean a couple gatherings during the year are out.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:20:22 AM EDT
[#5]
It's understandable to make the change but you know I'm down for get togethers and fun times!  The training and the making friends were what made the classes you put on so great.
You have my # if you need to chat as well.  Hope all is well.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:31:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gotpierogi] [#6]
I only had the opportunity to attend your night vision class earlier this year, and it was awesome to meet you. Sadly, I couldn't sign up for the most recent Carbine/Pistol class last month due to other projects I had to complete at my house. Always happy to take a trip to Aucilla if you decide to have another class or HTF get together.
I will PM or text you as I am planning on going to Ares Range in Leesburg soon and renting private berm for an hour or two. I remember we talked about going there at one point.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:05:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By gotpierogi:
I only had the opportunity to attend your night vision class earlier this year, and it was awesome to meet you. Sadly, I couldn't sign up for the most recent Carbine/Pistol class last month due to other projects I had to complete at my house. Always happy to take a trip to Aucilla if you decide to have another class or HTF get together.
I will PM or text you as I am planning on going to Ares Range in Leesburg soon and renting private berm for an hour or two. I remember we talked about going there at one point.
View Quote

Sounds good... if I'm free I'd like to check that place out.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:06:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By whiteryno:
It's understandable to make the change but you know I'm down for get togethers and fun times!  The training and the making friends were what made the classes you put on so great.
You have my # if you need to chat as well.  Hope all is well.
View Quote

Your chair is reserved lol.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:21:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Glad I was part of the last class and went out with a bang. Great instruction that has served me (and all students well).  Looking forward to a get together down the road. If you need an extra hand, just LMK.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:47:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Bob- I was only able to train with you once but the skills learned have stuck with me.  Thank you for all the efforts putting on the classes and passing on your knowledge.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:08:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I've had the pleasure of attending your classes and you put on one well of a product. Thanks for having me.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:54:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Bob, it’s been a pleasure. Training was great, your friendship was better. Cheers till we meet up again.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:27:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Bob - I joined you for a class back in Feb and thoroughly enjoyed it - as well as the venison burgers and shooting the breeze afterwards.
I'll shoot you a text sometime to stop by and visit again.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:15:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Well dang. I missed out but, that's my fault. Good luck in your future endeavors. I'd attend a HTF gathering for sure.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:59:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I enjoyed all the good times at your place and everywhere else.

Going to miss doing your PR class for the 4th time.

Best of everything to you my friend!
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:48:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By burney:
I enjoyed all the good times at your place and everywhere else.

Going to miss doing your PR class for the 4th time.

Best of everything to you my friend!
View Quote

Thanks my friend... I'm just glad you found that item that was MIA.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:49:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By ArmedBear:
Bob - I joined you for a class back in Feb and thoroughly enjoyed it - as well as the venison burgers and shooting the breeze afterwards.
I'll shoot you a text sometime to stop by and visit again.
View Quote

Always welcome...
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:51:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
I've had the pleasure of attending your classes and you put on one well of a product. Thanks for having me.
View Quote

You know where to find me... anytime you're near Lake/Sumter hit me up, lunch is on me.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:52:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Mudfoot:
Bob, it’s been a pleasure. Training was great, your friendship was better. Cheers till we meet up again.
View Quote

Joe, you have been a big supporter of not only my classes but others as well... greatly appreciated. Guys like you and John need no invite.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:39:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Bowhntr6pt:

Joe, you have been a big supporter of not only my classes but others as well... greatly appreciated. Guys like you and John need no invite.
View Quote

The three of us  need to schedule a guys weekend soon.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:24:44 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I’m down for that. It’s been a while.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:15:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks Bob!

Great training and memories from the patmac class to your precision, carbine and NV classes!

Very happy to have been part of it!
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 3:19:45 PM EDT
[#23]
I love you and appreciate your friendship over the years! Always here for you brother.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 3:32:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By c350z:
I love you and appreciate your friendship over the years! Always here for you brother.
View Quote

Thanks Paul... in the early years you and your crew were instrumental in things getting off the ground as well as brining in outside talent... much appreciated.

I'll be hosting some gatherings and expect to see you and the guys.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:50:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Thanks Paul... in the early years you and your crew were instrumental in things getting off the ground as well as brining in outside talent... much appreciated.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By c350z:

Say the word and I'm there!
Top Top