Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2024 2:55:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil]
Any LGS have any? Im wanting a couple, a .22 can and one for my .556 AR, everywhere online is out it seems and then the whole single person paperwork finger prints etc
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:30:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:23:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#2]
Thanks, just looked, how long is process? Have you done it? Will do personal trust.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:35:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: remarcablearms] [#3]
It looks like NFA Transfers are going fast right now. But you should plan for a year at least. You can hope for better but don't count on it. NFA is fickle they work at their own speed. Find a local dealer who will do Eforms it is faster and more accurate than paper. Look into fingerprinting RIGHT NOW. It is the single biggest hold-up on your end. Your dealer should be able to help with that.
Why do you think a Trust is a good idea? What will a Trust do for you that a Form 4 would not?
Personally, I would not do a Trust. Trusts do have their place but as a part of an estate planning tool. Not a placeholder for a silencer. Not since the CLEO sign-off requirement was removed. A single-person dedicated trust used by the silencer companies is cheap and easy. NFA loves them they are boiler plate fill-in-the-blocks. They are fast and easy and NFA already approves the formats. However, it does not allow you to do anything more than a Form 4. Except when you die there will be no probate on that can. It will simply be passed on to the person noted in the trust. There will still be paperwork to deal with the trust and NFA info changes. What happens if you move to another state? Will the trust be valid in the new state?

I can also make a case for a trust. But that would be for the $1000.00+ trust, not the chump change profit center trust offered by the silencer companies.

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:49:30 PM EDT
[#4]
No not trust, I oops, the individual one is what I ment. Would love to find local, but griffin might get my order tonight, and just use their process, seems simple enough.

I have asked and can't find a class 3 here.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bansil:
No not trust, I oops, the individual one is what I ment. Would love to find local, but griffin might get my order tonight, and just use their process, seems simple enough.

I have asked and can't find a class 3 here.
View Quote

There are several class 3 dealers in the Bristol, Johnson City, and Kingsport area. Check out the silencer shop online and look at their dealer finder.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:12:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a Tirant 45 several years ago from Tri Cities Gun Depot in Elizabethton with no issues.

Have looked at Firearms 4 U and Volunteer Pawn in JC, Tri Cities and H&S Hunting in Elizabethton within the past couple months and everyone around here are definitely higher than online for what it’s worth.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:25:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I figured they would be higher, I'm going with Griffen this afternoon...
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:24:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Military Outdoor Supply, 3102 Bristol Hwy, Ste C, Johnson City does transfers.  Their fee is $25 for the transfer.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:11:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Voodoo5] [#9]
@bansil You might want to check with the guys at Cover Your Six Customs in Johnson City. I believe they are a dealer for Griffin Armament too.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 5:32:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Voodoo5:
@bansil You might want to check with the guys at Cover Your Six Customs in Johnson City. I believe they are a dealer for Griffin Armament too.

View Quote

Will do thanks
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:00:16 AM EDT
[#11]
2nd for Cover Your 6. They do electronic fingerprints too.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:30:07 PM EDT
[#12]
CrazyCaches tactical is another one located in bluff city, he is also a SS kiosk dealer.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 5:17:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By AlienHunter:
CrazyCaches tactical is another one located in bluff city, he is also a SS kiosk dealer.
View Quote

I have done business with CrazyCaches tactical, good guy to deal with.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 7:11:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#14]
So, since I live 1-1/2 hrs 1 way from most places,

After work on 05-06-24, I bought 1 through griffinarmament.com using their suppressor to your door program, they sent fingerprint package, I did prints and mailed them to capital armory, they sat in jail in Phoenix for 5 days, I set up my account with CA, and with efile, uploaded a picture and license.

CA emailed me yesterday morning to call and get verified, took 5 minutes at lunch, at 14:00 I got notified by email that my form4 was being processed.

I got an email, 16 hrs later today...APPROVED

Attachment Attached File

Now I wait 24/48 hours, and finish shipping details and I should have it maybe by next weekend.

We are 22 days in and atleast 13 of them were snail mail....now next time they already have prints, picture and an approved form4.

Wonder how fast it will be??

@remarcablearms holy crap that was fast!!
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 7:17:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By TYCOM:
Griffin has tons in stock.

https://www.griffinarmament.com/silencers/?_bc_fsnf=1&Caliber=.22+%285.56mm%29

TYCOM
View Quote

@TYCOM thank you!!!!
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice