Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 4/20/2024 2:42:32 PM EDT
So a few minutes ago I was stuffing my face with McDonald's after a long morning of soccer games. Look back and an state trooper is lighting me up and says that I was on my phone. I wasn't. It was food.

Is there a point to fighting the texting while driving ticket Im now holding? Obviously he has no proof but im not sure how much that matters honestly.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:34:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell yes I would fight it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:03:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Time stamps will show your texts vs traffic stop
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 7:02:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Topper1:
Time stamps will show your texts vs traffic stop
View Quote

Looking at the code it says that I had a device in my hand. So it's not specific to texting like is printed as the reason.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:44:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Received a similar ticket a few years ago and lost the fight. Judge just didn't want to hear anything, OSHP is a god in their eyes. Sorry.

I had the Siruis XM channel guide in my hand and the trooper thought it was a phone.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:22:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BeNotAfraid] [#5]
OSHP is a god in their eyes. Sorry.
View Quote

^^^what he said...

you're fighting Leviathan

OSHP in the Judge's Court weekly

you...a one-timer

(Trooper prolly had a quota to meet...)

sorry

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Too bad today wasn't the day you forgot your phone at home

Also too bad we let them make phone a primary offense. Reminder to contact the critters this week

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 3:06:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm seriously considering setting up a gopro to show me  holding something that resembles a phone and seeing if I can get pulled over to show as evidence that they make mistakes.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 3:10:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Another interesting aspect of this is the area that he was hiding I knew they were at. When I went by on the way to soccer they were there so I texted my wife (who was coming later) to watch out when I got to the field.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:08:06 PM EDT
[#9]
If only they would be held to the same standards... LEOs are constantly on their phones while driving...

Rules for thee, not for me...

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:25:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SteveOak] [#10]
A few months ago I got a ticket. I was absolutely, positively guilty AF. In fact, what I actually did was far worse than the offence I was ticketed for. lane violation in a construction zone. I had a good story though.

I used Off The Record. Handy link to Off The Record legal service

I paid a fee up front. The deal is if they don't beat the ticket, they refund the fee.

They hooked me up with a lawyer who tried to get the charges dropped. No luck. I went to court. The lawyer showed up to represent me. The cop showed up but the other drived did not.

The DA dropped the charges.

Maybe because I had a lawyer. Maybe because I am an old guy and showed up wearing a suit. Maybe because the other driver didn't show. Maybe because the county was counting on me mailing in a check instead of showing up, in a suit, with a lawyer. Don't know but it was well worth it.

They are a club, the DA and judge are attorneys. If you show up without a lawyer they see it as disrespecting their club.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:03:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top