Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2020 3:23:33 PM EDT
This board seems to be rather unbusy. I've recently started fishing and prefer to fish the surf in the Gulf of Mexico near Crystal Beach. I wade out 100yds or so but can't seem to catch anything using mullet on a sea striker mullet rig and hours of soaking.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 3:42:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 4:33:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I have done some surf fishing in Delaware and MD over the years.

The very best advice I can give you is to take time to read the beach. That means figuring out where the water from the surf is running back out, where deeper holes and troughs are, where shallower bars are. There are plenty of videos you can find googling for info to help you out.

Second best bit of advice is that there are plenty of times when the fish aren't way out, as far as you can cast, but close to the beach. Especially if you can find a bit of a depression or a trough. I more often see fellow fisherman casting too rather far than not far enough.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 10:45:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 12:15:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Second stripersonline.com.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 6:14:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Fish the guts on moving tides. Have multiple rods, Use fish finder rig and try to hook up some smaller whiting, croaker, ect then use them for cut bait. Shrimp bites, shrimp, sand fleas.

Big fish like big bait so hook a heavy rod with a big chunk and put it out past the last bar.
Have some rods rigged up for tossing lures. Top Lures if calm and clear, mid level divers, and spoons in various sizes. Berkley Baits are very popular for jigs casting.

Read the beach. Look for a convergence of waves on shore and a rip current. Look for breaks in the bar where there are no breakers and fish that and the guts leading to that. Where you have fast water you will have fish. A few feet of water will hold some nice size fish so do not think that just because it is shallow it will not be productive.

Fish Jetties.

Fish every southeast breeze.

Texas Surf Fishing Guide
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 6:44:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WardenAKFiles:
www.stripersonline.com
View Quote

Used to be a regular there. Good site.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 10:44:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I will third Stripersonline . I just left there.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:48:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Best bet surf fishing is to make sure you are fishing the riptides and not inbetween them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 12:49:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Look into Bill Wetzel’s forum:
Surf rats ball
surfratsball.com

Some of the best casters in the NE.  His personal logs are posted. Tremendous source of info for surfcasters.
Top Top