Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2024 2:28:06 PM EDT
I called in a nice size male tonight and made the shot at 110 yds. with my 22-250. It was trying to be a cluster. I managed to get him stopped and the rifle didn't fire. Stopped him a second time after raising and lowering the bolt and still didn't fire. He's getting antsy now and so am I. Racked the bolt and chambered another shell. Stopped him a third time and managed to get the shot off and in the right place, DRT.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:16:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Good shot, finally.  

That might have saved you a miss. Does the first misfire look low on his leg or is it just a video lag effect?

What caused it to not go off?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:13:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DoubleUp2] [#2]
The first misfire I was definitely on the kill zone, but might have been some sync issue.  Not sure on second misfire as it was rushed.  The firing pin did not fall for some reason either time since the primer had not been struck when I recovered the round.  It is a mystery, but I killed this big male last night on my bait pile with the same round.

#47 by Double Up, on Flickr" />

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:55:27 PM EDT
[#3]
On the first video, nice job. The coyote was very patient with you which is always a bonus.

No action on your bait pile and now two fairly close together. Man, that coyote had long legs, as it really looked tall on the video and in the picture. Nice work.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:50:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank Korey!  The second one weighed 37 lbs. in the summer hair.  First one probably weighed 36 lbs., and yes, that coyote could have easily been long gone.  Scope is working well.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:21:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Good job fighting through the adversity to get the first one.  The coyote at the bait pile was long legged and long bodied.  I see Korey already pointed that out but it jumped out at me too.  Nice job & thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:56:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks BC, and yes as long and long-legged as he was, I was expecting him to be close to 40, but only went 37 lbs.  Don't know how much a winter coat would have added but not 3 lbs. I don't imagine.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:54:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Have you been hearing any vocalizations lately? They've been super quiet around the house for several weeks but are apparently still very active in the area.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:56:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I haven't heard any howl back quite some time, but they still come to howls.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:17:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I haven't heard any howl back quite some time, but they still come to howls.
Top Top