Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2024 3:37:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wattles]
Been on the hunt for the perfect pant.  During summer months the 5.11 Ridge pant has been great.  Looking for something a bit thicker, maybe soft-shell, but durability is paramount. Really just something like 5.11 pants that have more weather resistance to them.  I want something that doesn't scream tactical, so I want to stay away from camo but the option of knee pad inserts would be nice.  

These are mainly gonna be used for fall and spring camping, hiking, shooting classes.  Also would be in the SHTF bag...

Anyone try Revolution Race pants? Or the Nouthbound gear 'Adventure' pants?
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 4:26:47 PM EDT
[#1]
KUIU Attack Pant

No knee inserts though.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 4:28:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 5:21:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Loonytik:
KUIU Attack Pant

No knee inserts though.
View Quote

I have 3 of them.  They fit me well being tall and 200#.  
Plain colors, and they last a long time.

Yeah, no knee pads. Pads are nice when you need them, all my hunting pants have them.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 7:11:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wattles] [#4]
Ive been eyeing the Kuiu Attack pant but the mesh lined pocket is a no-go for me.  Ive ripped pockets like that on many a pant just by car keys
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 7:28:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Have you considered the Duluth Firehose pants?
No, kneepads, but they are heavy duty, pretty darn indestructible, and don't scream tactical.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 8:55:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Firehose pants are nice but looking for something that can handle some weather.  we have a habit of camping in less than ideal conditions
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 9:26:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I’d take a look at softshells, I've switched to them almost exclusively for winter hiking & snowshoeing and with a silkweight baselayer I haven’t experienced weather they couldn’t handle. My go-tos are EMS Pinnacle softshell pants, my only complaint is they don’t have gaiter hooks like the OR Cirque IIs I just bought but haven’t worn yet. They’re tough, I bushwhack 100% of the time on snowshoes and haven’t torn anything yet. They come in neutral colors that blend in without looking tactical.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 10:02:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I like my 5.11's, and use a DWR spray, be sure to use a proper pre wash and follow the instructions.  Knee pads are a must and they create a bit of a moisture barrier on the knees where the DWR spray wears off over time first.  

This plus an optional merino wool base layer works well for light drizzle and damp brush.  Helps me preserve my sika waterproof pants from getting beat up when it's not pissing rain.

-P
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 9:38:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WilburMcG] [#9]
I got in a fight with my wife one day and left the house to go work out at the gym. I didn't want to go home afterwards but I was only dressed in shorts and a t-shirt and it was cold outside. I went to Walmart and bought a shirt and these pants, then left town for the day and went to a big outdoor expo. It was a really nice day being away from her bullshit . They were only like $25, wear like a pair of work pants, but are flexible and breathable and super comfortable and I freakin' love them. I wear them 3 to 4 days a week now. I'm going today to buy another pair to set aside for when I wear these out.

Wrangler pants
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 6:19:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I am not familiar with the 5.11 Ridge pant.  I have been using 5.11 Apex for daily activity pants.  These are light weight and stretchy.  I am not sure how durable they are out in the wilderness but I have not had any issues with them yet.

For hiking off trail through the Arizona desert I use 5.11 STRYKE pant.  These seem more durable than the Apex and have held up the mesquite and lots of other thorny, stickery plants.  These seem to repel some water, but I have never worn them in a down pour.  These do have knee pad insert pockets.

I do not have any experience with them, but the 5.11 STRYKE® TDU® PANT specifically say they are water resistant and have knee pad inserts.

Top Top