Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2024 1:01:35 PM EDT
When coyote hunting, one of the methods to stop incoming coyotes is to whistle, bark, yell, etc. On this night, a lot of them were stopped by a whistle.

Whistle While You Work: KC Ep 125
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I am sure there will be people who think I should have mag-dumped on the 2nd coyote at 3:19. Two thoughts on this. First, I did think it was going to stop shortly after. Second, I am a firm believer the reason the 2nd and 3rd coyote I shot came in after is because I didn't unload my gun on the 2nd of that initial pair.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 3:51:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KoreyKirsch:
I am sure there will be people who think I should have mag-dumped on the 2nd coyote at 3:19. Two thoughts on this. First, I did think it was going to stop shortly after. Second, I am a firm believer the reason the 2nd and 3rd coyote I shot came in after is because I didn't unload my gun on the 2nd of that initial pair.
View Quote

In those types of situations, I typically pop the further one first.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By User55645:

In those types of situations, I typically pop the further one first.
View Quote
There is no right or wrong in my opinion. I used to do the same. However, there have been many times I ended up with zero doing that, so I tend to make absolutely sure I get #1.

If they are close enough that I can tell, I will sometimes try to shoot the female first.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 8:08:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Another great video with lots of valuable information.  Once upon a time, I took lots of running shots although I never mag dumped.  Actually, I was pretty decent at hitting them running but thanks to Korey's advice and videos I became more patient.  They will often stop, and even come back if your stand doesn't sound like Dodge City on Saturday night.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:09:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DoubleUp2:
Another great video with lots of valuable information.  Once upon a time, I took lots of running shots although I never mag dumped.  Actually, I was pretty decent at hitting them running but thanks to Korey's advice and videos I became more patient.  They will often stop, and even come back if your stand doesn't sound like Dodge City on Saturday night.
View Quote
Thanks DU. What you said is exactly the way I feel. In my opinion, no matter how good my % is at hitting coyotes running away, I am a firm believer, I will kill a higher % if I am patient and try to stop them. Some will not stop and that figures into the % as well. There are lots of factors and shooting suppressed helps as well. Appreciate the comments and feedback.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:58:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By DoubleUp2:
View Quote

YEAH, YOU WERE!

Maybe someday I will get to hunt just once where you can see them come from different zip codes. Another fine show with excellent shooting. Thanks Korey.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:56:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By weekender7:Maybe someday I will get to hunt just once where you can see them come from different zip codes. Another fine show with excellent shooting. Thanks Korey.
View Quote
Thank you. I do like seeing them come from a long way away. Even with all this open ground, they still have a way of sneaking up on a person once in awhile.
Top Top