Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2022 11:12:38 AM EDT
I have two rifles chambered for 243.  One is a Colt Sauer, one is a Remington 700.  I don't shoot either.  Illinois just allowed 350 legend to be used for deer hunting in 2023.  Only one round in the gun.  I have been shopping for various rifles, Ruger Winchester and Howa.  Prices are up and nothing is in stock.  I don’t love any of these offerings.  With the box magazines I could either remove it or blanket off to not accept rounds.  I don’t like how the magazines extend past the rifle.  Not really interested in an AR style mag.  I am thinking I could just get the 700 rebarrelled  in 350 legend.  I’m not building a varmint rifle but a hunting rifle.  has anybody done this?  Who’s barrel did you use?  I would need a gunsmith to do this for me.  Can anybody recommend someone who has done this who won’t take a year to do so.  I am looking for a stainless 16 1/2 inch threaded barrel.  I only want the contour fat enough to accept the threats.  I don’t need a heavy barrel.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:06:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroE] [#1]
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#2]
AeroE thanks for the information as I obviously did not know this.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 2:17:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SteelonSteel] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bosshoff:
AeroE thanks for the information as I obviously did not know this.
View Quote

Easy to home gunsmith would be a savage .223 bolt action on a 110 type receiver and buy a barrel wrench, vise and prechambered custom barrel.

or just buy the savage switchback in .350
Top Top