Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2024 9:49:58 AM EDT
Hey guys,
I have a buddy that wants to trade me his MK22 300NM for a rifle that I have. If I get it, I would obviously be interested in picking up the adjoining can for the rifle.

Problem is there really isn’t much feedback/reviews/data on the AML338 suppressor.

Does anyone here have any firsthand experience with it? I’m curious about the sound, lockup, POI shift (if any).

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 4:11:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Hope I can give you this kind of feedback later this year.... Very little information about the can online but I decided I needed one to complete my MRAD so decided to take the chance on one.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 3:21:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Have shot them on issued MK22's. Never tried any removal and reinstalling in between shot strings to see if there was a POI shift though. Also I haven't compared them sound-wise to other cans like the TBAC Ultra 338.

I will say that I like them much better than the AAC TitanQD suppressors that the M2010 were issued with.

They are a bit heavy (1.6 lbs) vs the TBAC Ultra338 SR (1.25 lbs) but the lock up is good and they don't sound bad either.

I was impressed enough with the MK22 that I bought my own from eurooptic during the November sale. I have a TBAC ULTRA 338 SR I'm waiting on the ATF to approve but I am also considering just buying the Barrett AML-338 as well. It is, in my opinion, a well built suppressor and it works quite well on the MRAD.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 11:16:21 PM EDT
[#3]
The attachment  mechanism is weird, is a screw thread thats more fine than the TBAC, and the locking part is basically a spring loaded latch.
Visually, it looks average at best, visible, lumpy welds.
It's also not the exact same color as the Mk22 despite being listed as the same.

However, it works great, sound is very comparable to the TBAC 338 Ultra SR in terms of the human ear.

It is super repeatable, the zero vs no suppressor zero is always .3mil down, .1mil right.

If its being paired with the Mk22, then buy it, because its the 'right' one. If its for general use, the TBAC would be my choice.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 12:46:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I staffed/RSO'ed the demo booth at a match that Barret sponsored. They brought out a Mk22 in 300NM with the can. We shot over 400 rounds in 10 hours. Can sounded great all day long. Exactly zero malfunctions or problems, despite zero lube or cleaning. We didn't test any POA or POI shifts but the gun continued to print sub MOA groups at 1000 yards, even in the hands of absolute beginners who had never shot past 100 yards. I'm a big believer and would love to have an MRAD one day.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:11:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Can you use the SilencerCo model on this rifle? I have the SCo 46M and it is great in short or long configuration but I have no experience with the AML-338.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 11:35:06 AM EDT
[#6]
There's a pinned MRAD thread on Snipers Hide with pics and details of the AML338. High level, shooting 300WM out of my Mk22 with the AML338 is more pleasant than shooting 308 out of my M24A2 with the M24 can. I have 30 suppressor and zero criticisms for the Barrett. I'd buy it again for a Mk22.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By binthere:
Have shot them on issued MK22's. Never tried any removal and reinstalling in between shot strings to see if there was a POI shift though. Also I haven't compared them sound-wise to other cans like the TBAC Ultra 338.

I will say that I like them much better than the AAC TitanQD suppressors that the M2010 were issued with.

They are a bit heavy (1.6 lbs) vs the TBAC Ultra338 SR (1.25 lbs) but the lock up is good and they don't sound bad either.

I was impressed enough with the MK22 that I bought my own from eurooptic during the November sale. I have a TBAC ULTRA 338 SR I'm waiting on the ATF to approve but I am also considering just buying the Barrett AML-338 as well. It is, in my opinion, a well built suppressor and it works quite well on the MRAD.
View Quote

I'm interested as to what you found undesirable about the AAC. I have one on my Gen 2 MRAD (338 LM) but I'm open to a better can if it is worth it.
Top Top