Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2023 9:04:25 PM EDT

I currently have a Magpul Mlok bipod on my Geissele Super Duty, but it’s just a place holder. I don’t like that it’s basically permanently mounted with Mlok.

I am looking at a Badger Ordinance Harris BRM-S and using the RRS adapter and arca mount. I believe the RRS arca mount also works for picatinny.

Is there any reason not to use the Badger Ord version of the Harris? Is there a better attachment method that’s secure, but easy on and off that would allow me to easily attach to other rifles?
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 9:35:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:09:36 PM EDT
[#2]
There's a few options that use the 17s pattern for a qd mount.

Larue has a nice qd picatinny mount option.

https://www.larue.com/products/harris-bipod-brm-s-and-lt706-qd-swivel-mount-combo/

If you like the Magpul bipod, they've got an 17s mount option that you could pair with an ARCA/picatinny combo mount.

https://magpul.com/bipod-arms-17s-style.html

https://magpul.com/magpul-qr-rail-grabber-17s-style-adapter.html
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 12:18:55 AM EDT
[#3]

FPNI
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 1:43:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I have Larue QD pic mounts setup on my Harris and Atlas PRS. They are perfect.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 8:39:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DevL] [#5]
I have two Larue Harris BRM-S LT706 bipods. Not an add on Larue mount. The factory Larue 706 is not a mount on a mount, but has the mount integrated to be lower profile and lighter weight. It also uses a tension wheel for tension adjustment.

The Larue throw lever works great for one rifle. It works well if you have a picatinny rail that is almost EXACTLY the same dimensions as the first. In reality, picatinny rails vary and a single bipod was too loose on some rails and too tight on others. Using the Larue wrench to adjust tensions on the bipod is a pain in the ass and time consuming if done several times in one range session. If the lever is too tight it is a real pain to remove due to how close the lever is to tbe bipod because of the low profile design an inability to get more than a finger tip on the lever.

By using two Larue bipods... one set up for tight rails and the other set up for loose rails, I always get a bipod that has a lever that closes and does not rock, although some rails are little tight or on the verge of loose still (mostly just polymer picatinny rails). The Larue is the most stabilized bipod IMO and tbe Larue version is MUCH lighter than an add on mount and long tension lever added to the regular Harris.

I prefer the Harris because it can be locked down solid for shooting groups and the single mount Larue is the most rigid mount when tension is correct.

Would a Badger Ordinance picatinny be a better choice if I had it to do all over? One thumb screw bipod can do all picatinny rails but I would be more apt to get one that could also do ARCA rails. Though ARCA has issues with no recoil lug and great tension being needed.

ARCA rails were not a thing when I went Larue LT-706 the first time and add on ARCA rails to  existing AR15 FFrails (Keymod and MLOK) were a total failure for me, as they had too much deflection in shorter length ARCA plates used on a tripod. The actual rails deflected, distorted, and bent when I used a RRS ARCA throw lever mount in combination with the ARCA plates that only distributed force across two or three bolts.

If you have full built in chassis ARCA rails on bolt guns and picatinny rails on other guns,  a dual ARCA/Picatinny bipod adapter is better from a utility perspective, if you don't need a super fast QD function and can torque down the thumb screw with a tool and don't mind needing a tool to remove. I just don't trust hand torqued screws to not come loose and ARCA with no recoil lug will slowly shift if using finger tightened screws.

Sorry for the long ramble but some experiences for you to consider.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 12:07:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I have an ADM qd mount for my Magpul bipod and recently picked up a Warne bipod that came with a qd.

I started with the Magpul on my AR10, but it’s a pig and the Magpul just wasn’t cutting it. The Warne is a much better setup for that heavy rifle.

I put the Magpul on a 16” AR15, and it’s great.

Warne Bipod - pic rail qd mount
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 1:30:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Lots of good reading in here. Thank you!
Top Top