Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2023 7:12:42 PM EDT
So looks like I just bought a couple of compete FN bolt action receivers with 308 bolt faces. Anyone ever build one out? I'll be needing a barrel and a stock. This will be my first time building a bolt gun, but I've been really wanting to. I've got a lathe and mill at the house so wish me luck
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 7:37:12 PM EDT
[#1]
The CRF M70 type?
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 7:44:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
The CRF M70 type?
View Quote

Yes.

Here's a link to the ones I purchased

FN Reciever
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice. Good luck with the project!
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 8:36:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nvcdl] [#4]
I built up a rifle with the same action with a 20" fluted barrel that CDNN was selling years ago.

I ordered up a Williams steel hinged floor plate and mag and sold the detachable mag & associated metal.

Winchester was selling the Bell & Carlson stock as a replacement part for its varmint gun at a great price.

Had the action steel bedded in the stock and it is now my main deer rifle.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 10:33:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AtomicOutdoorsman:

Yes.

FN Reciever
View Quote

@AtomicOutdoorsman

Did you actually get these? That website looks sketchy as hell and they take bitcoin.

Those FN Actions are great though. I have a couple of Winchesters and they are fantastic.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 7:04:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By bpm990d:

@AtomicOutdoorsman

Did you actually get these? That website looks sketchy as hell and they take bitcoin.

Those FN Actions are great though. I have a couple of Winchesters and they are fantastic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bpm990d:
Originally Posted By AtomicOutdoorsman:

Yes.

FN Reciever

@AtomicOutdoorsman

I never did. They never charged me, never responded to emails either. Same for a friend who tried to order one. I wouldn't use them.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 12:34:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I had a spare FN Receiver that I had built a couple years ago by https://www.phoenixcustomrifles.com/

Top Top