Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2022 3:46:16 PM EDT
So a large majority of my precision shooting has been with 22s that weigh a lot with a front rest and rear bag.  I typically have been minimizing contact other than to keep my eye in the view for my scopes (32x w/ 44mm objective don't leave a lot of wiggle room) and minimal right hand contact and of course the trigger.

Discovered today that really doesn't work for centerfire, even for 223, so I was having troubles shooting consistent groups, 2" or so at 100 yards with mostly vertical stringing and not a lot of left/right variation.  Once I figured that out, my last few groups tightened up and I was able to get several moa or just under groups at 100 yards (great, 'cause I was testing reloads for accuracy with a new bullet too) but what should've been a .5 moa 5 shot group became a 2 shot .25 group about .75 inch away and directly above a 3 shot .4 moa group...  

Same ammo, long stringy group shot with minimal touch, much smaller group shot with more shoulder contact but apparently still a little too light of a touch... I think I'm headed right way, but any words of wisdom to share?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 5:26:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Urimaginaryfrnd] [#1]
Take some old blue jeans  cut off the legs and sew them up filled with dry whole corn.

Consistent cheekweld is important on magnified optics. With a red dot cheek weld is not an issue
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Top Top