Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 9:08:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, you're gonna get flooded due to the other thread.

IAC, you still doing these? If so, I'm probably up for at least one of the builds.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:02:45 PM EDT
[#2]
PRETTY NICE  
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 7:23:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I just received mine. Awesome! Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 12:02:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LRRPF52:
There are 2 companies now that have knocked-off my Integrated Electronic Hearing Muff Boonie Hat.

The most recent one is having them made cheaply in China, single stitch runs, no care for quality in workmanship but good enough for non-discerning customers.

I spent years developing this design, tweaking it, and refining it with constant field testing and use.

Some thief orders one, stitch-rips it apart, traces the patterns, sends them off to China to be mass-produced by literal slave laborers (often women arrested for their smaller fingers and younger age so they can get the maximum amount of work out of them over a period of time before their eyes crap out on them).

Made in China (In prison)

https://media.npr.org/assets/img/2014/03/28/ChinaLaborCamps_wide-7ed0e1f72c46a1f6fbaf57191e02184b771e8e06-s800-c85.jpg

https://storage.googleapis.com/afs-prod/media/media:0ffa3733e7d04329a3e234926fc116c7/800.jpeg

Every time I see a piece of Chinese gear that is a direct knock-off of US designs and think about the companies who have been screwed, employees laid off, while Chidura flows in by the boat load, it really bothers me.

A US-based company faces a huge risk in developing anything nowadays, knowing that it will be stolen by the Chinese and mass-produced, then sold by other US retail companies who couldn't care less than anyone else in the short-term other than themselves.

I would love to have command of the Pacific submarine fleet for a year.  Issue out a warning to all the shipping vessel companies that lease out their VLCCs, and tell them any ships coming out of Chinese harbors are fair game.  I do not like thievery.
View Quote

It wouldn't hurt to take back our canal either.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 2:35:23 PM EDT
[#6]
@LRRPF52

Resurrecting this thread. Are these hats still available?
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 7:16:45 AM EDT
[#7]
There are 2 companies now that have knocked-off my Integrated Electronic Hearing Muff Boonie Hat.

The most recent one is having them made cheaply in China, single stitch runs, no care for quality in workmanship but good enough for non-discerning customers.

I spent years developing this design, tweaking it, and refining it with constant field testing and use.

Some thief orders one, stitch-rips it apart, traces the patterns, sends them off to China to be mass-produced by literal slave laborers (often women arrested for their smaller fingers and younger age so they can get the maximum amount of work out of them over a period of time before their eyes crap out on them).

Made in China (In prison)

https://media.npr.org/assets/img/2014/03/28/ChinaLaborCamps_wide-7ed0e1f72c46a1f6fbaf57191e02184b771e8e06-s800-c85.jpg

https://storage.googleapis.com/afs-prod/media/media:0ffa3733e7d04329a3e234926fc116c7/800.jpeg

Every time I see a piece of Chinese gear that is a direct knock-off of US designs and think about the companies who have been screwed, employees laid off, while Chidura flows in by the boat load, it really bothers me.

A US-based company faces a huge risk in developing anything nowadays, knowing that it will be stolen by the Chinese and mass-produced, then sold by other US retail companies who couldn't care less than anyone else in the short-term other than themselves.

I would love to have command of the Pacific submarine fleet for a year.  Issue out a warning to all the shipping vessel companies that lease out their VLCCs, and tell them any ships coming out of Chinese harbors are fair game.  I do not like thievery.
View Quote

This is one of the largest factors which should be corrected in our trade with that commie crap hole.

Did you patent your design? Do you have any recourse?

This is why I’ve stopped using Amazon. It’s all Chinese crap
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 11:33:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Norinco982lover] [#8]
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 3:58:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll order one of yours. Fck china.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 5:25:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:
I talked to the OP (I believe) via email they are still selling the hats on his site he said he's selling a lot of them and has more colors available. I placed my order today I'll post back up when I get it. (he'll reach out to me via email for my head size, color selection, and that sort of thing).
View Quote

@Norinco982lover

Is this still his website, or someone elses?

https://www.ar15buildbox.com/shop/Enhanced-Lightweight-Boonie-Hats.htm
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 5:39:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Norinco982lover] [#11]
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:46:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I just ordered one.
I went large brim multi cam.....If I like it, I'll be ordering more.

Have you gotten yours yet Norinco?
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 10:33:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 12:42:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I didn’t know this thread was still alive.

I’ve been busier than ever, so no real time to post in forums but heard that there were some questions here.

I’m working with other veterans and expanding operations to meet the demand with these.

I have 2 orders right now where the customers haven’t responded to the email I sent out to get sizing and exact custom specs.

Some people don’t normally respond to their emails associated with PayPal, so they order and then there’s a delay before we can get sizing.

I’m a stickler on getting the sizing to-order.

It’s not just the circumference of the cap/headband, but the height of the cap fit to your head.

Some people have Frankenstein/Neanderthal domes like me, while others have shorter little craniums.

A one-size hat just doesn’t look or feel good on many heads.

If anyone has placed an order and is wondering where their order is, without having heard anything about sizing, check your email you use for PayPal.

Within 12hr, no later than 24hr, I send out an email to each customer to get the build specs dialed-in for you.

I’m using my hats 3-4 times per week personally because I get beat up by the sun if I don’t.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 7:38:49 PM EDT
[#15]
I didn't know this thread was still alive.

I've been busier than ever, so no real time to post in forums but heard that there were some questions here.

I'm working with other veterans and expanding operations to meet the demand with these.

I have 2 orders right now where the customers haven't responded to the email I sent out to get sizing and exact custom specs.

Some people don't normally respond to their emails associated with PayPal, so they order and then there's a delay before we can get sizing.

I'm a stickler on getting the sizing to-order.

It's not just the circumference of the cap/headband, but the height of the cap fit to your head.

Some people have Frankenstein/Neanderthal domes like me, while others have shorter little craniums.

A one-size hat just doesn't look or feel good on many heads.

If anyone has placed an order and is wondering where their order is, without having heard anything about sizing, check your email you use for PayPal.

Within 12hr, no later than 24hr, I send out an email to each customer to get the build specs dialed-in for you.

I'm using my hats 3-4 times per week personally because I get beat up by the sun if I don't.
View Quote
@LRRPF52

not to hijack the thread but I've missed ya brother. Glad to see ya post again
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 4:53:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:

Should be here Wednesday.

Large brim OD green.
View Quote

I didn’t know this thread was still alive.

I’ve been busier than ever, so no real time to post in forums but heard that there were some questions here.

I’m working with other veterans and expanding operations to meet the demand with these.

I have 2 orders right now where the customers haven’t responded to the email I sent out to get sizing and exact custom specs.

Some people don’t normally respond to their emails associated with PayPal, so they order and then there’s a delay before we can get sizing.

I’m a stickler on getting the sizing to-order.

It’s not just the circumference of the cap/headband, but the height of the cap fit to your head.

A one-size hat just doesn’t look or feel good on many heads.

I’m using my hats 3-4 times per week personally because I get beat up by the sun if I don’t.
View Quote

I received the email order confirmation and quick follow up from you(LRRPF52), and changed my order slightly...Went with Coyote Tan as I figured that would work best for my needs. I've got a large-ish noggin, but the normal boonie cover height/depth seemed to work fine for me. I'm looking forward to getting it and trying it out.  As a pale pasty white person, being able to prevent my face, ears, and neck from roasting in the sun is a good thing.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 9:30:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 10:58:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Got mine the other day.
The design is interesting, but looks very effective. It appears very well made and sturdy. So it should stand up to several years of abuse on the range, (sun, sweat, etc)
We're starting to get into Fall weather here in Missouri, so I likely wont get alot of use out of this before next year, but I'm glad I've got it.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top