Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2021 8:23:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DoubleTaps]
I bought an SVH 3-10x42 for my browning 300 win mag BAR.

The question I have is when you take the turret caps off, so you can adjust for windage and height, there are numbers there with lines. It starts with 1 closest to the base of the scope and goes past ten. Both turrets are like this. My turrets have lined up on 10. If I go up in elevation it goes to 11.

What are these numbers for and what do they mean in relation to height/windage?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:25:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ScoutH57] [#1]
Product page

MOA

That scope has 1/4 MOA adjustments so I’m guessing there’s 4 clicks to each marked number.

Does your scope come with a manual? You should probably read it. Not trying to be snarky but it’s pretty basic stuff.

Also it’s called  Windage and Elevation
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:31:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#2]
You talking about the numbered lines below the turret cap in this pic?

If so it’s a turret rev counter.  Helps to quickly reference how many revolutions you’ve spun the turret past your zero and how many revolutions you need to return back to your zero.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:52:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RJeff21:
You talking about the numbered lines below the turret cap in this pic?

https://content.osgnetworks.tv/rifleshooter/content/photos/Nightforce-SHV-3-10-Scope-1.jpg

If so it's a turret rev counter.  Helps to quickly reference how many revolutions you've spun the turret past your zero and how many revolutions you need to return back to your zero.
View Quote
That's it. Got it. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:54:48 PM EDT
[#4]
It keep track of your zero. Without those marks, you wouldn't have known if you had over rotated your elevation turret after you dial your shots.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:54:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ScoutH57:
Product page

MOA

That scope has 1/4 MOA adjustments so I'm guessing there's 4 clicks to each marked number.

Does your scope come with a manual? You should probably read it. Not trying to be snarky but it's pretty basic stuff.

Also it's called  Windage and Elevation
View Quote
No offense taken.

Read it twice. It is pretty basic, and after looking at it again, there is no such mention of a turret counter. That's why I posted here. Turret counter is what it is as stated below. Sorry about the elevation. I was a little upset.
Top Top