Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2024 9:32:34 AM EDT
Put money down on a Savage 110 Magpul Hunter with 18'' barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor. Hopefully I didn't make a mistake. Our gun shops around my area do not have much of a choice in different manufactures brands and it is the only one with a heavy barrel. I just plan on target shooting with it out to 400 yards so I hope I get good accuracy with the rifle. our shops only have Ruger American, Winchester and Savage with thin barrels. So what do you think. I reload so I like working up loads for accuracy.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:39:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Think you will be pleasantly suprised w/ accuracy. Savage has always had a reputation for great bbls.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:18:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Urimaginaryfrnd] [#2]
I have had some Savage rifles that shot as well as custom built rifles. I prefer a Tikka / Sako (same factory) . Keep in mind you can order guns on line from many sources like grabagun or Palmetto State Armory and they ship to your FFL.
https://grabagun.com/tikka-t3x-compact-tactical-rifle-bolt-action-black-stainless-steel-6-5-creedmoor-20in-10rd.html

PSA. Out of stock
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 2:41:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, but one of our gun shops have 90 days same as cash option so that fit me just fine since I am on a budget.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 5:55:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Purchased a Savage Model 10 new a few years back, tried awhile to get to shoot with no luck. Different ammo, different shooters, different ranges could not hit all over the target in the same place. Showed it to a smith who just shook his head and stated nothing short of replacement to remedy. Bore condition was so poor from poor workmanship, surprised it ever left the factory. Be sure to inspect the bore with a scope before committing. would post some photos if I can figure out how.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you for the information. I do have a bore scope so yes I will clean and look at the bore before taking it to the range. I have faith that it will shoot good.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 9:57:01 PM EDT
[#6]
The factory barrel on my model 10 FCP-SR in .308 was an MOA shooter with 175gr FGMM. I only swapped it out because I got a screaming deal on a custom barrel.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 10:06:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: esa17] [#7]
Attachment Attached File

I have owned three Savage 110s, all of them are 1/2moa shooters with the right load.

My 110 Elite Precision shot that group but it was a NIGHTMARE to get to that point.

Initially it wouldn’t feed properly, it took two hands to open the bolt, and the chamber looked like someone took a wire wheel to it.

After almost 6 months at the factory for repair they finally sent me a new rifle.

That is likely to be my last Savage.

Over 800 rounds down range and it still shoots very well.
Top Top