Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2024 7:03:11 PM EDT
I sold my savage 110 tact in 6.5 a while back. It was a great gun, grouping .6 with handloads. I mostly shot from the bench at 3-500 and occasionally 1000.

Anyways, I'm looking at getting back into it and a 6.5 creedmoor again since I already have dies, brass, bullets. Ranges will mostly be 3-500 yards and occasionally further again from bench or mat. While I did like my savage a lot I'm looking at other options.

I'll be putting a gen I vortex pst on it again and am looking at being in the rifle, chassis, rings, or whatever for around 1500, no more than 1700.I've been researching a few on the Hide and here and the Tikka tx3 CTR in a bravo stock is what's been on my mind, or possibly just getting another savage tactical 110 and putting it in a xrs or bravo chassis. Regular stocks are not comfortable for me (grip)

I'm not against building something but I think I'll be in it more than what I'm budgeting. Any opinions? Appreciate the responses.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:18:20 PM EDT
[#1]
The Tikka CTR or a Howa barreled action in a Bravo chassis is a solid option, but I would recommend that you build your next rifle. I have done two Remington's, and I am in process of building a Solus action in a Cadex chassis will multi caliber since it takes prefit shoulder and savage barrels.

I would look at the Zimmet Origin with a Savage barrel.

Origin 1000$
Barrel 550$
Trigger 164$
Bravo 350$

If you sign up on the sites, you can sometimes get discounts which will save you money with the build.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:39:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Just going to add I have a Tikka CTR barreled action in a MDT ACC chassis and my father has a Howa 1500 barreled action in an MDT LSS chassis and both have been great.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Find yourself an old pawn shop Savage 110 and strip it, use the action or see what Northland has for new ones.  Then hand pick your components and build what your wish rifle.  Can't beat Savage for switchbarrel do it yourself.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Well a fella about an hour and a half away have a savage 110 ultralite in 6.5 creedmoor. It was in a MDT xrs chassis with an arken sh4 scope for a price I couldn't say no to. He said he had 100 RDS through it and it looked like it.

I put my vortex pst on it and ran some loads through it today. No exact measurements but I had 5 shots in a quarter with one of the loads at 100 yds. I'm really happy with that.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:27:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: spectre3] [#5]
In that budget, I'd get an Aero Solus for the prefit options (I have no desire to take off a factory Tikka barrel when I shoot it out) and swappable bolt heads for easy caliber changes.

ETA: enjoy your new Savage!
Top Top