Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2023 1:45:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SnprPSG1]
Looking for some help identifying a stock that I took off a NIB Remington XCR Tactical 223

Thanks

Link Posted: 7/24/2023 8:14:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't know what you'd have to order to get an identical replacement, but Bell & Carlson supplied those stocks to Remington.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 8:22:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SnprPSG1] [#2]
Thanks for the info.

I have been told it is a Bell & Carlson by some, others have said it is an HS Precision.

I bought a Grayboe Phoenix set up w/ a Grayboe DBM metal bottom for the rifle.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:42:30 AM EDT
[#3]
HS Precision did stocks for most of the other varmint and tactical models. The XCR had a B&C stock, however. It's even right there in the description straight from Remington. I'm guessing it was a cost-saving move to compensate for the more expensive stainless steel action and better coating. Idk if you have the rest of the rifle, but the stainless action combined with that special coating would make it a decent field rifle that can handle bad weather without turning into a rustington like a standard 700.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 12:04:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By spectre3:
HS Precision did stocks for most of the other varmint and tactical models. The XCR had a B&C stock, however. It's even right there in the description straight from Remington. I'm guessing it was a cost-saving move to compensate for the more expensive stainless steel action and better coating. Idk if you have the rest of the rifle, but the stainless action combined with that special coating would make it a decent field rifle that can handle bad weather without turning into a rustington like a standard 700.
View Quote

Thanks for the info!!  

Yes, I have the barreled action. I got the Remington XCR NIB and decided I wanted a different stock and a DBM bottom end.

Will look to see what the B&C's are going for NEW.

Thanks again
Top Top