Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2023 11:39:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: m1garand__man]
I have owned a Tikka T3x Lite for almost a year now. In that time I have tried my butt off to find a load that will consistently shoot sub MOA out of it (I gave up on hoping for sub .75 MOA).

I know there are a lot of potential factors.

I have tried the following bullets seated from .010"-.050" off lands which aren't close to fitting in the magazine. I have tried full magazine length (3.350") which can be as much as .135" off the lands. I have also tried full SAAMI length 3.290".
140gr Nosler tipped solid base
150gr Hornady ELD-X
150gr Barnes TTSX
150gr Federal trophy copper
162gr Hornady ELD-X
162gr Hornady ELD Match
175gr Hornady ELD Match
175gr Nosler LR Accubond

I have tried the following powders
H4350
H4831 SC
IMR7828
IMR7828 SSC
Accurate Mag Pro
Ramshot Magnum
Vhita Vhouri N170

I have tried the following large rifle / large rifle magnum primers
CCI
Remington
S&B

I have tried the following brass which I have tried FL sized, neck sized and partial FL size (bumping shoulder)
Remington
Winchester
Federal
Hornady

Through all of these combinations I have yet to discover a load which will produce clearly discernable velocity plateaus as per Slattery ladder testing procedures.

I have probably put somewhere north of 300 rounds through the rifle in the last year.

I'm thinking the issue is with the rifle but I can't find it. I also can't figure out why I can't find velocity nodes.

Unfortunately I'm unable to buy yet another rifle right now so I can have something else to compare in 7mm Rem Mag. I'm also pretty discouraged at this point because it's the second rifle I've owned that I can't get to shoot the way I feel it should be able to
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 9:11:01 PM EDT
[#1]
.75 to 1 moa is only a 1 1/2” larger group on the elk at 600 yards. 1 moa accuracy in rifle/load combination is insignificant compared to shooter skill and environmental factors for all but bench rest or F-class games.
Top Top