Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:05:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Keyboard political analysists crack me up.  Gon't/won't work for the party or a campaign but sure as hell have something to say about anyone who does.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:05:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:

While the op could be correct, and that is something to be concerned about, the correct answer is immunity and doesn’t show a deal was made.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:
Originally Posted By DaveM4K:

You will know if he right by June. If the USSC gives trump immunity you will have your answer.

While the op could be correct, and that is something to be concerned about, the correct answer is immunity and doesn’t show a deal was made.

We will just have to disagree.  Anyway this summer is going to be interesting to say the least.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:10:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:
Hence the insurance policy of the VP pick being at their approval.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By anesvick:
Would they actually trust Trump to accept a deal? He could easily burn them.
Hence the insurance policy of the VP pick being at their approval.
So governor DeSantis, not Haley, is a deep state agent?

Someone owes Umberto an apology
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:11:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mal_means_bad] [#4]
Originally Posted By BuckeyeRifleman:

If there is one thing that is abundantly clear about Trump, is that he has no real political ideology. At the end of the day he cares about "winning" and MAGA was just a clear avenue to do so in 2016. His policies were largely the antithesis of what he campaigned on.
View Quote
Trump's ego and business background make him mostly define his own winning as the tangible financial improvement of USA Incorporated, which he fortunately defines as the people more than he does corporate interests.  

He either only dimly perceives the second or third order long term effects of isolationism or, giving him more credit, he's done the math and doesn't think there's enough ROI in the long term for the large ongoing spend and so opposes foreign aid and military support, including Ukraine.  I support paying Ukraine to kill Russians based on my estimation of the ROI, but to be fair there's plenty of room to doubt if the juice is worth the squeeze, and Europe should be emptying their pockets much harder before we spend another penny, and they won't do that while we're still writing checks.

Anything that obviously hurts the bottom line, like the tsunami of illegal immigration or unfair trade practices by China, is attacked vigorously. But he doesn't see a direct connection between protecting individual rights and improving household income or unemployment and what have you, so rights are negotiable if it buys him some economic political compromises.  He doesn't perceive all corruption in politics as particularly harmful per se - the equivalent of casually stealing a handful of office supplies, practically an unspoken part of the benefits package in corporate America - but corruption that sells USA Incorporated out is an evil that he wants to carve out aggressively.

Unfortunately his history with bank lending is that one should max one's credit line because it takes money to make money and the consequences of failing to repay a loan are renegotiation, selling off assets, a brief period of restricted cash flow, then trying again with an even bigger loan.  He's never going to be a fiscal conservative, balancing the budget would seem like leaving money on the table.  Right or wrong, his instinct is to take a risk and borrow and spend to generate a profit.

The obvious move for the deep state is to offer compromise on the major impacts on the bottom line - the border, China etc, oil exploitation - in exchange for latitude to keep playing power games and spying on everybody.  As long as they're not interfering with him he's likely to perceive this as the greater good, a net positive outcome.  

Looks like I'm still voting for Trump since Biden and friends are an absolute fucking nightmare, but I expect him to make some compromises that I will hate, if I ever learn about them.  I expect I'll be getting warrantlessly wiretapped while my 401K and income rise, until the national debt bubble breaks.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By FivespeedF150:
View Quote

Haley was all along.

DeSantis, I think, tried to have it both ways only to fail at it.

Haley was a backup hail mary. She never had a prayer.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:13:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ranging-by-zipcode] [#6]
Originally Posted By FivespeedF150:

Someone owes Umberto an apology
View Quote

If OP is correct

DeSantis was controlled and endorsed by the deep state as was Haley

So Trump is now

In other words any Republican that wins the nomination would have been

So I guess we are all fucked NO matter who was to win the nomination  

I guess we all just stay home and drink beer and watch the country crumble

That's what some want to do in this thread
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:14:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#7]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:
Trump will sell your rights to feed his ego.

There is no monolithic deep state boogeyman.
View Quote

I agree with both points.

The deep state is not a hierarchal cabal organized and ran with a traditional command structure for a very simple reason: such organization is a weakness.  It couldn't evolve naturally, that way, because the head would be lopped off whenever it became too contrarian to the public/opposition.

It's more like a Lyme disease type of bacterial infection, where large clumps exist in areas with low perfusion, making them extremely difficult to eliminate with traditional treatments like antibiotics.  These clumps go about reproducing and operating as their nature dictates, and for a time it's hard to even know the infection is there because of the low perfusion and the body being relatively asymptomatic.  Then it begins to spread, it becomes detectable in trace amounts, it begins to manifest it's effect on the body.  The individual ignores this for all of the reasons people ignore such things: "It'll pass" "Doctors are expensive" "I'm just getting old it's not a big deal" while the bacteria colonizes other low perfusion areas to establish new protected colonies.  A course of Doxy eliminates some of the infection, at the surface, while also wreaking havoc on other positive flora.  Symptoms go away, individual feels better without realizing that now instead of one colony in the meniscus of the left knee, now there's one in the right, and in some discs of the lower back, some more in the soft tissue of the elbows, etc, until there's a point that the only effective treatment is entirely unpalatable to the person because it would result in their death or significant bodily harm.  The cure becomes worse than the disease.  Now they manage the flair up of symptoms that are intolerable with the occasional round of doxycycline and learn to live with it as best they can.

There's no sentience coordinating this bacteria.  No one in charge, no unified goal other than survival. Often the colonies are in competition with each other.  They even evolve down different paths from the original colony due to this competition and constant selection against doxycycline resistance.  But ultimately they infect enough systems to become completely entwined with the tissues necessary for the host to survive, and impossible to dislodge.

At best, Trump (or any President) is a late round of doxycycline that might clear out some of the most vulnerable and accessible bacteria.  It may even perceptibly impact the symptoms of the infection for a time.  But he's an external force, and the only true "cure" to this infection is for the bodies own immune system to evolve to recognize and eliminate the pathogen itself, internally.  Unfortunately this bacteria has evolved an unconscious understanding of that mechanism and so diligently sacrifices it's pawns while incrementally spreading to continually fool the body into believing it doesn't exist.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:16:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Mickdog13:
Or, and a big OR here… What you described was the actual process of politics.

You have to give a little to get a little.
Could it be that Trump realized he’s going to have to do a little of that to get back to the throne?

Congrats.
View Quote

I guess, if you think negotiating with tapeworms is medicine.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:20:55 AM EDT
[#9]
I've seen or heard nothing to convince me Trump is nothing more than a pressure relief for globalhomo.

He talks the talk, makes people feel heard, but limits real repair work to things easily reversed by the next president issuing a decree.

He will continue to appoint guys like Wilbur Ross, the man that got Trump bailed out by the Rothschild family over Taj and other real estate bankruptcies.  These guys will continue the DS policy to rule via regulation from the bureaucratic state.

We never had a chance at getting a guy with no ties to the old money raping the country.  Trump's constant persecutions kept other potential candidates out of the news, which also propped up the MSM failing profits.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:22:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LordsOfDiscipline] [#10]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:

It's more like a Lyme disease type of bacterial infection, where large clumps exist in areas with low perfusion, making them extremely difficult to eliminate with traditional treatments like antibiotics.  These clumps go about reproducing and operating as their nature dictates, and for a time it's hard to even know the infection is there because of the low perfusion and the body being relatively asymptomatic.  Then it begins to spread, it becomes detectable in trace amounts, it begins to manifest it's effect on the body.  The individual ignores this for all of the reasons people ignore such things: "It'll pass" "Doctors are expensive" "I'm just getting old it's not a big deal" while the bacteria colonizes other low perfusion areas to establish new protected colonies.  A course of Doxy eliminates some of the infection, at the surface, while also wreaking havoc on other positive flora.  Symptoms go away, individual feels better without realizing that now instead of one colony in the meniscus of the left knee, now there's one in the right, and in some discs of the lower back, some more in the soft tissue of the elbows, etc, until there's a point that the only effective treatment is entirely unpalatable to the person because it would result in their death or significant bodily harm.  The cure becomes worse than the disease.  Now they manage the flair up of symptoms that are intolerable with the occasional round of doxycycline and learn to live with it as best they can.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:
Trump will sell your rights to feed his ego.

There is no monolithic deep state boogeyman.

Brilliant.  One of the most effective ways way to mitigate the rot of a disease is to starve it.  The Federal Government, in personnel and spending, must be reduced by 2/3rds immediately.  As it stands today, there is no Constitutional allegiance or order within the confines of the Beltway and its governance is illegitimated.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:23:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Low_Country:
Maybe he has always been a leaf in the political wind, guided by nothing more than what benefits him in the moment.
View Quote

Thank you for providing an analysis that describes 75% of all elected officials.

But boy, you sure nailed Trump, didn't you?
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:24:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By StanGram:
All the things you cited are things that happen in every election. At least the endorsements.
View Quote

The Bill Barr thing is very, very bizarre. Really bizarre.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:26:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ranging-by-zipcode:
I guess we all just stay home and drink beer and watch the country crumble

That's what some want to do in this thread
View Quote

On the contrary, the antidote is more involvement, especially in primaries and at the state and local level.

A lot of people have expected Trump to fix it all. He is incapable of doing so even if he really wanted to, which has never been clear. That's not how this will be fixed.

What is required is a movement much, much bigger than Trump and it needs to come from the grass roots.

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:27:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:

The Bill Barr thing is very, very bizarre. Really bizarre.
View Quote

If one doesn't see Barr as the representative of a faction within the deep state it certainly would be hard to explain his sudden appearance on Trump's side.

But seen through what I believe is the correct lens of being a long time deep state cleanup operator and leader, it makes perfect sense.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:28:14 AM EDT
[#15]

On the contrary, the antidote is more involvement, especially in primaries and at the state and local level.

A lot of people have expected Trump to fix it all. He is incapable of doing so even if he really wanted to, which has never been clear. That's not how this will be fixed.

What is required is a movement much, much bigger than Trump and it needs to come from the grass roots.

View Quote

Nailed it. People don’t want to hear it though.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:28:26 AM EDT
[#16]
I've told friends there has been more negative coverage of pedo joe in the last 6 months than his entire career.
I also agree they're worried about the populist uprising.
I'd be surprised if they give up very much to Trump, they still have a ton of blackmail and handmaidens to do their bidding.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:31:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Jesus   there are so many people on this site that need to step away from the keyboard and go out and see the sun and breathe some fresh air.

Get laid   go to the beach, the mountains, anywhere but back to the keyboard

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:32:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Solid analysis, and appreciate OP being willing to put a stake in the ground and discuss it.

One of my takeaways is that none of us really knows just how big, deep, and pervasive the Deep State is… and that is extremely disconcerting.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Badlatitude:
Wow, You really like to type.
View Quote

I always pay attention to JW's posts.  

This analysis is excellent IMO.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:34:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By AZ_Hi_Desert:
Trump is a deal maker. It's what he does.
View Quote

Bingo...
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:34:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ascendent] [#21]
NVM
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:46:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kent] [#22]
Originally Posted By Paul_Sothern:
I'm still voting for Trump as I am sure not voting for Biden or his ilk.
View Quote

Trump has flaws and has made statements I disagree with.

But he's STILL 10,000% better than Biden/Harris/whatever liberal.  Thinking that THERE IS A 3RD CHOICE for the 2024 election is a fantasy by children and other incompetents who want to "send a message" or think that "voting your conscience" is more important than preventing a card-carrying communist from being POTUS.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:49:19 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:51:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Some of the crap on this internet is downright laughable.  This is one!
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#26]
So...... RFK?

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:58:47 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

I don’t think anyone here is advocating for voting for anyone else. It’s a binary choice at this point. The OP is right, but it’s a little too late now.

As much as anyone should’ve seen the fact Trump was a poor choice for the GOP nomination, everyone should see that RFK Jr is a ruse.

It is what it is at this point, I’ll hold my nose, just like always.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:01:06 PM EDT
[#28]
In questions like theses... I always revert to Trump NOT needing anything. He needs nothing. No need for money, power, recognition, nada.

That is the opposite for most people going in to politics.

I truly believe that Trump wants what is best for our country, our economy, to maintain and affirm our rights.

If he needs to "make a deal" with the "deep state", whatever who or what that is... I'll trust in Trump vs the alternative.

I just hope the next generation of people we elect, be it GOP or Democrat, are a bit less Joe, Kamala, and Obama. At this point I'll take a Bill Clinton (minus the AWB BS and his wife), at least he had some conservative economic principles.  

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:12:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Francisco_dAnconia] [#29]
I've said before in plenty of threads that I think that the deep state was heading into a position where it would be forced to make some sort of deal to survive and to keep things from coming completely apart.

The deep state is thoroughly corrupt, but not everyone involved is catastrophically stupid. It only really survives if the man in the street doesn't know it really exists. I have previously postulated that different factions within it have been vying for control with the most nakedly ambitious winning most of the time largely due to the recognition of the problem of a shared enemy. The enemy, of course, being the growing populist sentiment in the country. Growing by the day based on even the most casual observation of circumstances, it's a real threat to the long term interests of the deep state.

The problem for them is that it's not going away. It's only getting bigger, fueled by the obvious nature of deep state actions but mostly by the serial catastrophes brought about by the preferred DS candidates being handed power and then proceeding to be retarded with it.

Corrupt is one thing. Corrupt and stupid is quite another, especially when both are readily apparent and are tangible in the standard of living for the average citizen.

Sooner or later if they are to survive, they have to make a deal.

I think they have picked their moment and made one. Or at least a faction of the deep state has.

Just within the last few weeks there has been a number of things that would seem incredibly puzzling based on past history.

- Trump endorses the Ukraine package as a "loan" that anyone with a double digit IQ knows is not
- Bill Barr comes out of the woodwork to say that he's backing Trump and that the cases against Trump are wrong
- Mitch McConnel endorses Trump and then goes on Face the Nation and says that he's supporting the nominee and that the nominee no longer "whipping" people against the package is a "good sign"
- Trump supporting FBI funding and their new HQ
- This rather absurd article where they give a rhetorical blowjob to a political actor with deep ties to big pharma, big corporate types, and the deep state claiming she is "salvaging" Trump's campaign
- Floating deep state stooges like Tim Scott as VP. (See prior article)
- The apparent peace-making between DeSantis and Trump

These are all discordant with past statements and behaviors. That so many of them are happening at about the same time is, I think, indicative of something important behind the scenes changing.

From the deep state's perspective, a deal with Trump now is vastly preferable to trying to deal with him later. He's significantly weaker now while hoping to win the presidency than he would be having won the presidency over their best efforts to stop him. He's the nominee now, despite their best efforts to derail his return to the Oval. I'm betting that some of the more rational actors in the deep state have recognized that doubling down and hoping that the trend somehow miraculously reverses is foolish and have decided to use the tried and true approach of doing whatever they can to ensure that no matter who wins, they win. At least on some level. They have let the more radical voices among them prevail up until now, but I think now you will start to see that pushed back because their strategies aren't working and are actually making things significantly worse.

If I'm right, what would the deal look like?

Trump gets:

- A grant of immunity from the Supreme Court with a majority that includes Roberts at the very least, but probably Roberts and Barrett. It could be a complete shutdown of all the lawfare cases citing presidential immunity. But I suspect the more likely result is a finding that presidential acts are immune but personal acts aren't, spawning an entirely new set of litigation about what acts end up in which pile that would put any of the cases being resolved well beyond the election, making all of them moot. Think of this as the dividing the baby in half approach and the Supremes are suckers for that shit. So that's what I expect. But the practical effect would be to reset all of those cases to zero while what sort of act each thing would have to be run through appeals.

- The fraud machine isn't supported by the deep state. I'm sure it will be activated because DNC is gonna DNC, but it doesn't have the full scale support that it did in 2020. That in combination with multiple states passing reforms to limit the impact of the fraud machine helps make the impact significantly less.

- The press' (because the mainstream press is just the mouthpiece of factions within the deep state) universal reviling of Trump diminishes. Biden starts to get more critical coverage rather than the tongue bath he's been getting up to now. The reality of the economic numbers (and how they've been "revised" every time for the last few years) starts to become a mainstream narrative.

- The deep state scales back on the wokeness shit.

- Essentially a legit shot at being president and an end to the majority of the lawfare with some victories he can show off.

- Maybe...maybe...some vindication in the judiciary with the more excessive abuses of judicial authority answered for. But I consider this one the longest of long shots. Judges do not like to hold other judges accountable no matter how blatantly corruptly they behave.

The Deep State gets:

- Dictating the VP pick. It ends up being somebody like Tim Scott or DeSantis as an insurance policy. Insurance because Trump can be impeached or outright killed if he gets uppity and their boy gets in. It's not an idle threat, either. Just ask the Kennedys. Or Nixon.

- Minimal to no institutional reform. There will be no swamp draining. At best, some of the more radical actors who have pushed things to the point of absurdity and who will not want to cooperate in a new direction will get offered up as sacrifices. They'll be thoroughly marginalized and ALL the sins of the deep state will be pinned on them to help sell the narrative that it was just a couple of bad apples and everything's better now. I expect that those who don't play ball with the new direction will actually suffer real consequences...or at least a few will as a warning to everybody else to step the fuck in line. But as far as real progress on defanging the "intelligence community" or the FBI? Not going to happen. In fact, once some of the bad actors get publicly hammered expect the whole flag-waving OUR HEROES routine to show up. This will be an improvement, but not a real correction.

- Ukraine funding continues. Forever war is back on the menu, boys. Iraq/Afghanistan for 20 years, Ukraine for the next 20. Buckle up.

- An attempt to rehab the deep state with Trump's most hardcore loyalists. There are a chunk of people voting for Trump who think he's Jesus and will swallow anything he says. So the DS will try to get him to rehab their image with that segment so that a broad and united coalition against them is more difficult to produce in the future. I expect that the price of this will be some scapegoats among the overreaching radicals. They get hammered and probably pretty hard to make sure the message is loud and clear what direction The Firm has decided on and to try and defang attempts to hold institutional actors accountable. Make the institutions choose between their pet radicals and their own existence, and I'm certain which decision they'll make.

- No serious inquiry into the jab. This serves both Trump and the DS' interest because Trump wants to think he deserves credit for solving COVID and the pharma companies most certainly do not want a serious examination of the health impacts of their vaccine, a full accounting of how it came to market, or what safeguards and protocols they overlooked to get a product on the market. This leaves vaccine impacted and those who have been red-pilled on the entire enterprise out in the cold, but with little they can do about it. Look for Trump's administration (if he wins) to actively shut down any attempt at investigation or accountability on that front.

- Trump endorsements of more establishment type candidates for congress, not real reformers. This one there is probably some room for squish on, but I'd expect Trump to come down for Uniparty candidates more often than not.

Now don't get me wrong...I don't want to be right, but that's what I think best explains the disparate things I've been seeing over the last 30 days or so. I'd love to be wrong. But as unpleasant as the conclusion is, it's the only one I see that fits.

If I'm right, my predictions above will manifest here and there.

That's why I'm writing this out in its own thread rather than in another, because I'm looking to set a mark and determine how accurately I'm seeing what's going on. One of the keys to determining whether or not you are getting the right sources of information and whether or not you're correctly analyzing that information is the extent to which you have the ability to accurately predict what's going to happen. This is an exercise in that.

Being right out the rear view is much easier than being right about the road ahead.
View Quote
Seriously, John?  Let me counter you in a dozen words: Trump is not a threat to The Deep State.  He never was.  He didn't "drain the swamp" before and won't now.  If anything he is the DS's plant, supported by the MSM and the "no such thing as bad publicity" phenomenon, to capture all the disaffected and divert their attention, effort, and political donations to /dev/null.

Populism is a real threat to the country and Trump is a major public figure following whichever way that wind blows.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:13:02 PM EDT
[#30]
I think he's going into this election knowing he needs to play ball a bit to get some of the things he really wants done, done.

The outlook gets worse and worse for Biden every single day and better and better for Trump.  I think the other side knows they might have to come to the table with concessions, too.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:13:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By JRBL1A1:
In questions like theses... I always revert to Trump NOT needing anything. He needs nothing. No need for money, power, recognition, nada.

That is the opposite for most people going in to politics.

I truly believe that Trump wants what is best for our country, our economy, to maintain and affirm our rights.

If he needs to "make a deal" with the "deep state", whatever who or what that is... I'll trust in Trump vs the alternative.

I just hope the next generation of people we elect, be it GOP or Democrat, are a bit less Joe, Kamala, and Obama. At this point I'll take a Bill Clinton (minus the AWB BS and his wife), at least he had some conservative economic principles.  

View Quote

Your premise is highly flawed then. Even Trump’s biggest fans acknowledge his need for adulation.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:14:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By NDHojo:

FFS grow up
View Quote

He’s right, hence your non-rebuttal.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:16:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:

Thank you for providing an analysis that describes 75% of all elected officials.

But boy, you sure nailed Trump, didn't you?
View Quote

The problem is that team Trump says he’s not beholden to anyone and does what he wants.  A true outlaw!

Which is laughable.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:17:26 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm just here to point out that long ago it was predicted that eventually Trump's contingent would accuse Trump of selling out.

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:20:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Trump made a deal with the deep state before he walked down that escalator.

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:20:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Genin:
TLDR, but at least OP used paragraphs.  If OP could condense it down I would be more interested in reading it.
View Quote

I actually read it.  You really wouldn't be interested in this piece of fantasy.  A bunch of assertions and opinions masquerading as fact.  I believe my IQ is now lower for having read this.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:21:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Trump is a pragmatist - my take is he is supporting the Ukraine package because he wants to be in a better position to negotiate a peace deal when President.

If he didn't support the deal and it goes through anyway because of deep state threats he looks weak.

Conversely if he was able to scuttle the deal and Ukraine collapsed before the election the Dems would spin the blame on Trump.

By supporting the deal he is better able to put pressure on both Ukraine & Russia to settle the war.

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:23:43 PM EDT
[#38]
I've said for a long time that he is the deep state pick. They have some republican ticket items to achieve. Hint: not good if you are American and not in the club.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:23:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By ZitiForBreakfast:
Trump made a deal with the deep state before he walked down that escalator.

View Quote

That's why he's in a kangaroo court now?
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:26:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Maybe he has always been a leaf in the political wind, guided by nothing more than what benefits him in the moment.
View Quote

He probably is somewhat, but I prefer a "leaf in the wind" whose self-interests will at least sometimes align with those of the people, to someone who is literally hell-bent on destroying the country.

That is the choice we have at this point.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:31:17 PM EDT
[#41]
It's not a bad theory; definitely plausible. The DS could also be extending olive branches with some of your examples.
Thing is, if either of those things are true, then this country really is on the brink of destruction. And the DS may not be able to control their useful idiots as much as they thought.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:33:18 PM EDT
[#42]
The Ukraine thing was a big deal for me. If he defends the existence of NATO and the importance of keeping our word to our allies and having their back.

It'd be nearly impossible for me to not vote for him.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:33:25 PM EDT
[#43]

No offense man, but have you been paying attention?

Right or wrong, he got schlonged in his civil cases to the tune of $500M.

He is going to get convicted in his DC trial, likely his NY trial, and maybe his Florida trial too.

Any opportunity he had to "burn them" came and went years ago. Any deal he would make today would be for his own self-preservation. Not because he's finally got the deep state right where he wants them.
View Quote
The thing I don't get, is why are people like you happier to see trump get got than to see government get better for its people?

I'm not saying Trump could or would make it better, there is a valid debate to have there.  But if Trump loses and goes to prison that sends a message to anyone that would ever consider trying to challenge the establishment in DC again.  If they can take out trump, you don't stand a chance.   Its a case where the more ridiculous and illegal the actions against him are, the stronger the message to future candidates.  

I've long said that none of this is about trump. If they were doing this to Desantis or Vivek or whoever I would feel the same.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:34:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Bureaucracy is the real government.

Is it even possible to function or get even small reforms done as President without negotiating with the deep state?

Maybe if he had wide spread support from the brass.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:35:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By NDHojo:
FFS grow up

Originally Posted By BuckeyeRifleman:
Nice factual response. We’re totally not the party driven by emotion.
View Quote

Give him a break, emotional fantasy is all he has left.

Bigger_Hammer

@BuckeyeRifleman
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:39:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By RustedAce:
If Trump is allowed into "power" its only to attribute the multifarious crises coming to fruiting to him.
View Quote

I could buy this.  If they think that they have achieved critical mass in their work to destroy the dollar (and the country) and can push the domino over AFTER he takes power, they will let him win, so he takes the fall for it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:40:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Francisco_dAnconia:
Seriously, John?  Let me counter you in a dozen words: Trump is not a threat to The Deep State.  He never was.  He didn't "drain the swamp" before and won't now.  If anything he is the DS's plant, supported by the MSM and the "no such thing as bad publicity" phenomenon, to capture all the disaffected and divert their attention, effort, and political donations to /dev/null.

Populism is a real threat to the country and Trump is a major public figure following whichever way that wind blows.
View Quote
Then why the endless efforts to thwart his presidency and candidacy?  It's all a double rouse on the voters?

Why set such damaging precedent by obviously using the justice system to degrade his campaign?  This was something that 8 years ago was sacrosanct.  No longer, and forever more.  

Your argument has no internal logic.    
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:41:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigger_Hammer] [#49]
Originally Posted By sprtpilot:

Exactly.  Nothing else matters.  Trump will appoint Supreme Court and Federal Court judges that will be the best we can hope for.  Period.
View Quote

If the Democrats keep the Senate, which Trump handed to them in 2020 with his idiotic GA run off "boycott the votes" and reinforced in 2022 with Trump's disastrous slate of Trump picked & approved Senate candidates (who went down in defeat) then how exactly will Trump appoint a single judge?

I am still voting "Republican" despite my feelings for Trump, just so we don't have a Democratic President with a Democratic Senate adding Democratic Judges up to & including SCOTUS.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:42:12 PM EDT
[#50]
The elepant in the room that you missed since he first ran is his business as usual with regards to the Federal Reserve System model of credit and printing 'money' ad infinitum.

Really?

That *is* status quo as status quo gets. All the other stuff is peanuts. They can do whatever you want as long as they endorse the Fed creating credit which is infinitely expanded.z

What was the national debt in 2016?

What is it now?

It totally doesn't matter who is in charge, directors change, the mission of the agency does not. And the mission of the agency is to expand credit to a galaxy far away.
What a giant insult to my intelligence.

Pull your head out of collective @$$ and realize that these are all actors, team players in the same drama.  Who fight for their chance to lead. It's like Putin vs. Medvedev.

Say one byte against the Fed and you will be excluded and memory-holed. You know, like Ron Paul was. He ran as an independent in 2016 (was it) and not even included in debates. They got zero credibility.

Page / 13
Top Top