User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:15:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:17:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tranzformer] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:

Here, he would have to formally give her a 30 day notice of eviction if she does want to leave.

Does not matter who owns the home or not.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tranzformer:
Originally Posted By tranzformer:

I did watch part of the video, she says he took her key. Here she would still be considered a resident. I have no idea about OH law.

Horseshit. Let the woman get her stuff. He is extending the drama. He has no legal authority to retain possession of her property.

He wanted to have drama with her. He got drama.

I see this stupid shit all the time.

Guys love to keep the drama stirred up with their girlfriends.

Can you be any more of a bootlicker? Why are you supporting and defending an illegal entry into someone's private home?

Here, her entry would be legal. The cops could only enter if invited.

You are wrong. She was not the home owner and was no longer a legal resident of that address. The door was locked. The home owner said he didn't wish to grant access. Do you not believe in private property laws that we have in the USA? Why are you bootlicking?

Here, he would have to formally give her a 30 day notice of eviction if she does want to leave.

Bro, you need to do a reboot as you aren't tracking the events that took place.

She voluntarily left the residence and voluntarily gave back the key(s) to her ex boyfriend. She is no longer a resident there and she was not evicted. Try to follow. The quality of your posts fucking sucks dude.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:17:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Nope. Don't care. He can say whatever he wants. She lived there and still has property there.

If he didn't want her there he should have let her get her property.  

View Quote

Does she, what proof? If she did yes he should have allowed her to get it, but either way it was civil, cops should have walked away, but they had to get stupid.
Which is what people are tired of, they tell homeowners with squatters all the time that it's civil.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#4]

She says he took her key. She lived there. She still can have legal access to the property.

View Quote

"She says"...
The owner (a 3rd party to this recorded interaction) says she turned in her keys, and that she was no longer a resident.

If an apartment renter comes to the end of their lease, and turns in they keys, they can't come back later and demand access because they left trash behind.... if they kicked the door in, it would be criminal.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:19:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Actually? No. The person would be acting as an agent of the cops so that would not be legal.
View Quote

Not when they falsify their reports, like these guys supposedly did. You said it earlier, it's civil cops f'ed up.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By UV18:

Single party consent may exist when dealing with residents of the same residence AND access to the area the consenting resident provides.

View Quote

And yet when a resident who is present objects to a search even a legitimate residents consent to search is not sufficient to allow police to search.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:20:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Here, she would still be considered a legal resident of that property and could make entry.

View Quote

When does residency end there?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:21:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:21:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Where do we hear her give the cops permission to enter??????????????? If she did I missed it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:23:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BMSMB] [#10]

In Alabama, you can use a 30-day notice to vacate to evict a live-in girlfriend. The first step is to write the notice and have a third party serve it to her. The third party can then testify in court that she was served with the notice. If she doesn't move out, you can file for a judicial eviction in court. The entire process can take up to 90 days.

Answered by Ellen in 8 mins  11 years ago
imglogo
Ellen
25+ years of experience
logo
24,812 satisfied customers

Specialities include: Landlord Tenant, Landlord Law, Tenant Law, Evictions, Leases, Deposits, Real Estate Law

img
Ellen, Expert

*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an attorney here to provide you with legal information. If at any time the information which I provide is not clear to you or does not fully answer your question, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button. When we are done, please take a moment to click the rating tab to rate my work. My goal is EXCELLENT and I hope your rating reflects that.You have the right to ask her to leave. However, if she refuses, you may not lock her out or change the locks. Alabama law requires a judicial eviction.Regardless of whether an occupant pays rent or has a lease, Alabama law requires that she be treated as a tenant. The first step is to terminate her occupancy with the written Notice of Termination. If she fails to vacate the premises after the required notice, you will need to file an unlawful detainer action to evict her.I think this is what you wanted to know. Please let me know if I have answered your question or whether you would like further information

https://www.justanswer.com/landlord-tenant/6zev8-state-alabama-girlfriend-lived.html

How can I get someone out of my house that dose not pay any of the bills and has lived with me for almost 3months I live
Lawyer's Assistant chatimg
Customer: How can I get someone out of my house that dose not pay any of the bills and has lived with me for almost 3months I live in the state of Alabama can I have the power turned off with a 48hour notice her name is XXXXX XXXXX any of the bills.
imglogo
lwpat
Lawyer
logo
15,138 satisfied customers

img
lwpat, Expert

Hi
I am sorry to hear of your situation but this is one of the dangers of allowing someone to stay with you. What the police told you is correct, the law looks at her as a tenant even though she is not paying rent. As such, to get her out you have to go through the judicial eviction process. The first step is to write up a 30 day notice to vacate and have a third party personally serve her with the notice. The reason you want someone else to serve her is so they can testify in court that she was given the notice. Then if she does not move, you will have to file in court for a judicial eviction. The entire process can take up to 90 days. Then if she does not move the Sheriff will put her out. The local magistrate will have all of the forms and instructions.

View Quote

Again, you're assuming she was kicked out against her will, and didn't terminate the residence herself, or leave at the end of her lease.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:24:13 PM EDT
[#11]

In Alabama, you can use a 30-day notice to vacate to evict a live-in girlfriend. The first step is to write the notice and have a third party serve it to her. The third party can then testify in court that she was served with the notice. If she doesn't move out, you can file for a judicial eviction in court. The entire process can take up to 90 days.

imglogo
Ellen
25+ years of experience
logo

Specialities include: Landlord Tenant, Landlord Law, Tenant Law, Evictions, Leases, Deposits, Real Estate Law

img
Ellen, Expert

*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an attorney here to provide you with legal information. If at any time the information which I provide is not clear to you or does not fully answer your question, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button. When we are done, please take a moment to click the rating tab to rate my work. My goal is EXCELLENT and I hope your rating reflects that.You have the right to ask her to leave. However, if she refuses, you may not lock her out or change the locks. Alabama law requires a judicial eviction.Regardless of whether an occupant pays rent or has a lease, Alabama law requires that she be treated as a tenant. The first step is to terminate her occupancy with the written Notice of Termination. If she fails to vacate the premises after the required notice, you will need to file an unlawful detainer action to evict her.I think this is what you wanted to know. Please let me know if I have answered your question or whether you would like further information

https://www.justanswer.com/landlord-tenant/6zev8-state-alabama-girlfriend-lived.html

How can I get someone out of my house that dose not pay any of the bills and has lived with me for almost 3months I live
Customer: How can I get someone out of my house that dose not pay any of the bills and has lived with me for almost 3months I live in the state of Alabama can I have the power turned off with a 48hour notice her name is XXXXX XXXXX any of the bills.
imglogo
lwpat
Lawyer
logo

img
lwpat, Expert

Hi
I am sorry to hear of your situation but this is one of the dangers of allowing someone to stay with you. What the police told you is correct, the law looks at her as a tenant even though she is not paying rent. As such, to get her out you have to go through the judicial eviction process. The first step is to write up a 30 day notice to vacate and have a third party personally serve her with the notice. The reason you want someone else to serve her is so they can testify in court that she was given the notice. Then if she does not move, you will have to file in court for a judicial eviction. The entire process can take up to 90 days. Then if she does not move the Sheriff will put her out. The local magistrate will have all of the forms and instructions.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BMSMB:

What evidence do you have to support this?

imglogo
Ellen
25+ years of experience
logo

img
Ellen, Expert

imglogo
lwpat
Lawyer
logo

img
lwpat, Expert

Hi

This wasn't an eviction. This was her voluntarily moving out and giving up her keys.

We aint in Alabama and this event didn't take place in Alabama. We don't care what happens in Alabama as this event took place in Ohio.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:24:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:26:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:28:18 PM EDT
[#14]

In the video, she says he took her key.

I wouldn't have fucked with this and told her to get an attorney.

No one here knows one way or the other what actually happened.
View Quote

The video also says she handed over her key... that doesn't disagree with her saying he took it... she can hand it to him, and he takes it, and it doesn't mean it was against her will....
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:29:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:29:53 PM EDT
[#16]

If she still has property there, she is still considered a resident.

Got to be very careful about letting people move into your home.
View Quote

So in Alabama you can leave something in your apartment, give back the keys, then come back later and kick in the door to get it? Bizarre. You’d think that tenancy ended when you moved out and relinquished the keys like anywhere else. I bet the officer didn’t tell her that she has to pay for the damage she does either.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:29:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:34:00 PM EDT
[#19]

I would say if you were at the end of an actual lease and had vacated the property, then no you couldn't come back later an kick the door in.

But that is not the case here. This is apparently a live in girlfriend with no formal lease.
View Quote

Where do you get that idea?

They literally talk to the HOME OWNER, not the ex boyfriend still living there, and he says she handed in the keys and was no longer a resident. She vacated.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:44:23 PM EDT
[#20]

I would say if you were at the end of an actual lease and had vacated the property, then no you couldn't come back later an kick the door in.

But that is not the case here. This is apparently a live in girlfriend with no formal lease.
View Quote

Right, but he alleges that she terminated her tenancy and turned over keys. If you can’t terminate tenancy someone could keep billing you or holding you financially responsible for damages well after you left. Usually handing over keys marks the end.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:46:21 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

Here, she would still be considered a legal resident of that property and could make entry.

So if I rented from you I can leave a sock under your couch I'm still a legal resident?

I'm calling BS on that one.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#22]

She says he took her key. She lived there. She still can have legal access to the property.

View All Quotes

You're making the assumption that she was kicked out of the house, and didn't terminate the residence herself.

"He took the key" could just as well mean that he took the key when she handed it to him.  Before joining her in a potential home invasion robbery I'd want a lot more to hang my hat on than that.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:53:31 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

I'm going to rent a house in Alabama and leave a toothbrush behind a vent.  Then I can legally kick the door in months later after I voluntarily leave at the end of the lease.

Thanks for the advice Bama.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:57:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Nope. Don't care. He can say whatever he wants. She lived there and still has property there.

View Quote

There was something resembling proof she had property inside the house, apart from her word?

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:59:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:
Just in case John is traveling/working again instead of reading GD: @LawyerUp

View Quote
He doesn't travel or work anymore. He just hangs with his cat at that fort he bought.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 4:02:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Is that E. X. Torris?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 4:04:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
He doesn't travel or work anymore. He just hangs with his cat at that fort he bought.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
Just in case John is traveling/working again instead of reading GD: @LawyerUp

#believewomen is now a legal standard.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 4:36:23 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Found some family photos recently of my ex wife’s family that she left here 12 years ago.  When does she lose residency?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:06:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1Andy2] [#29]

Ehhhh, he was being a dick to not let her get the rest of her belongings.

I don't know why assholes like this want to extend the drama.

View Quote

He was probably worried she'd come inside, start violence, and then call the cops on him.  For violence she started.

Bear in mind, this is kind of what happened anyways.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:17:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JamesJones] [#30]
Cops have a hard job, they really do. Before body cams they didn't have as much pressure but at the same time they got away with a ton of stuff.

This is full on retard. I understand the roommate, partner, or family member needs a 30 day notice before being kicked out if they live with you but if she left that's a wrap.

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:43:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Justice23:
Needs more information about her residency status.

She might have been lawfully able to force entry if she was indeed still a legal resident.

As for the cops making entry, didn't she call them for a keep the peace? They were there with her.
View Quote

She stated that she moved out already and gave up the keys.

Female cop is on recording stating that she USED TO live there.

That makes the residency question pretty cut and dried.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:48:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By silver_back110:

Sure thing, little buddy. Research the thousands of calls for service, to include warrant service and SWAT operations that result in zero negative interaction and get back with me.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By opti12206:
These cops must be part of that same handful of bad apples we keep hearing about. Surely they aren't part of a systemic problem of shitty cops regularly doing illegal shit.

Sure thing, little buddy. Research the thousands of calls for service, to include warrant service and SWAT operations that result in zero negative interaction and get back with me.

I think it's time to dramatically reduce all calls until you all can get a firm grip on what's Constitutional. Well wait.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:11:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PepePewPew] [#33]
The part that got my attention:

The two guys charging up the stairs, one with a pistol in hand, both had active BWCs.
The BWC video that would conclusively prove the five felony allegations against the ex-boyfriend, well, both cameras were "not saved due to an unfortunate oversight", or in other words, "we deleted the video that proved the defendant's innocence".

Despite the cops deleting the fucking video evidence, the prosecutor took this to a grand jury and rammed through indictments on five felony counts against the guy who was attacked during a felonious home invasion.

Then he hires an attorney, who undoubtedly mentions the spoliated video, and suddenly the prosecutor wants to take his ball and go home, this game isn't fun for him anymore.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:14:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LawyerUp] [#34]
Originally Posted By TGH456E:
Blah blah blah.................  

Are you a member here or?  

For all this advertising you do............... Are you a practicing Attorney?  

Link to your firm?  

Appreciate it!
View Quote

Ironically, yes I'm a paying member, while you are not.

But just for you, I'll put all my earnings for this video that originated from arfcom, towards a membership for you (even though I'm not even the one who posted this video in GD).

Here. The video so far has 380K views in about a 24 hour period.

Of those 380K views, less than 1 percent came from external sites outside of YouTube. Of those, arfcom accounted for 11.7%.

Which brings us to the grand total arfcom views (out of almost 400K) to *drumroll........*

172 views.

On this particular video, YouTube is paying a whole $3.71 per 1K views. That means that if GD can just chip in another 828 views, I'll earn just under 4 bucks more. Depending on what level of membership you want, you better get the numbers up a little....

eta: those are screenshots verifying those numbers - not sure why they're not showing...
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#35]

Got to be careful about letting people move in with you.
View All Quotes

In the video, she says he took her key.

I wouldn't have fucked with this and told her to get an attorney.

No one here knows one way or the other what actually happened.

The video also says she handed over her key... that doesn't disagree with her saying he took it... she can hand it to him, and he takes it, and it doesn't mean it was against her will....

Got to be careful about letting people move in with you.

Got to be careful of cops that not only allow, but also encourage and teach someone how to break into your home while they actively stand there and encourage it. You are on the wrong side of this one.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Well good bye Elyria and hello Avon Lake to the guy in the video.

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:19:26 PM EDT
[#37]

Look, dude. Nobody hates incompetent LEO’s more than current LEO’s. Incompetent and crooked are two separate categories, both are catastrophic to the movement. The turds that get outed do it on their own secrecy and accord. People act like “everyone knew” but that’s not always the case. Regardless ACAB, right? That’s the attitude with some turds here.

View Quote

“Turds” if we don’t trust law enforcement based on what we see than we are turds.  Not building a case for trust.

Father former JSO
Uncles worked the jail.
Aunt State Trooper

They taught me that it’s the one percent that’s bad, but…..
You do not know who that is so treat them with respect, but do not trust them. They can ruin your life in a heart beat.
No I’ve never been arrested or in trouble with the law but I don’t trust
Law enforcement until prove otherwise.

Sorry if that makes me a turd in your eyes than I don’t trust you either.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:43:16 PM EDT
[#39]

She says the key was taken. He said, she said. Default goes to the person who doesn't have an eviction notice.

Take it to civil court.
View Quote

God damn, I hope you default to the civil court option in these scenarios, because your first take is
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:43:18 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Did you catch the part of the video where the home owner (not the ex boyfriend) states that she handed over the keys, and was no longer a resident?

I mean, usually I agree with you, but I’m not letting some crazy bitch ex back in my house if it escalated to this. Toss whatever shit she left on the lawn and be done with it.

I’ve never had anything  deteriorate that bad but call the police and I’m done with a capital D. You want your shit pay storage fees or get it off the lawn.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:44:50 PM EDT
[#41]

She says the key was taken. He said, she said. Default goes to the person who doesn't have an eviction notice.

Take it to civil court.
View Quote

At first, I thought it was a rental and the owner (different last name from ex-boyfriend) was a landlord.

Then with his mom being present during the break-in and telling the cops that he has heart problems and begging them to dial it down a notch (yes, they tried to charge her with obstruction of home invasion)...I now wonder if the homeowner is the ex-boyfriend's stepfather or mom's boyfriend instead of a normal landlord.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:57:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

I'm going to rent a house in Alabama and leave a toothbrush behind a vent.  Then I can legally kick the door in months later after I voluntarily leave at the end of the lease.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

Yeah that’s exactly what he said. Good summary.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:05:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

Yeah that’s exactly what he said. Good summary.
View Quote

Even worse, he said that if someone claims to have lived somewhere, he'd side with them unless the property owner could produce an eviction notice.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:09:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyMetal] [#44]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:14:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:

That’s what boggles my mind.  They should KNOW they are on camera.  

If you are a public official and don’t assume your every public utterance is being recorded, you are a fool.
View Quote

In this case they accidentally deleted the video from the two guys' BWCs, but saved the video from the copette instructing the woman to kick in the door and invade an occupied residence. Maybe they were hoping that her camera was too far away from the action indoors to prove they were lying about what the victim said and did?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:24:18 PM EDT
[#46]

In this case they accidentally deleted the video from the two guys' BWCs, but saved the video from the copette instructing the woman to kick in the door and invade an occupied residence. Maybe they were hoping that her camera was too far away from the action indoors to prove they were lying about what the victim said and did?
View Quote

duh, convenience when….convenient.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:36:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Madcat207:

I really shouldn't be surprised that you somehow think the cops could be right.. but damn the mental gymnastics you have to do to try to justify this could win you some gold medals.  

Anything more i would want to say i can't, since you are a protected class here... but damn i feel sorry for the people who had the misfortune of interacting with you..
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Madcat207:

She might have been lawfully able to force entry if she was indeed still a legal resident.

As for the cops making entry, didn't she call them for a keep the peace? They were there with her.

I really shouldn't be surprised that you somehow think the cops could be right.. but damn the mental gymnastics you have to do to try to justify this could win you some gold medals.  

Anything more i would want to say i can't, since you are a protected class here... but damn i feel sorry for the people who had the misfortune of interacting with you..
I really shouldn't be surprised that there are legal theories being discussed here that go right over your head and you don't even realize it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:

I did point that out in the video. I'm sure that will be the defense once the defense lawyers finish sorting out the shit show.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:

I did point that out in the video. I'm sure that will be the defense once the defense lawyers finish sorting out the shit show.
I missed you pointing it out. My bad.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:38:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By TheKill:
Chick cop once again completely fucking this up.  Grrrrll power for the win.
View Quote
I don't think her stupidity should be referenced because of her gender. More than likely the woman (ex girlfriend) has a legal right to come get her stuff but since she doesn't have the key it becomes a civil issue, not a criminal issue. The officer's job was to protect both sides fairly and let the legal system do its job. All the officers fu in this case. In theory they may be allowed to enter with the girlfriend's permission but that is about all they are allowed. They all fu-ed up. I suppose since the woman officer was the lead it falls on her but they all should be disciplined and trained.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Not sure what my first reaction would be if taking a shower and my door is being kicked in. I think GD can read my mind.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top