Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 21
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 6:08:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: actuallyambrose] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By French1966:

I also noticed the issues with the positioning of the RH25 and a 14 diopters/ocular lenses. I haven’t seen any bridged setups that look like they can get the positioning correct. The pictail just doesn’t allow for it. Someone would need to develop a male dovetail only that lines up on a specific bridge. To use it as-is with the pictail, you can forget about looking at both at the same time and getting a useful image. You will be using one at a time and probably adjusting eye relief each time you switch between the two.

Thankfully I went in to my RH25 purchase with no serious plans to bridge it. I simply wanted a small clip-on that could be used as a handheld or stand-alone optic. Or on a helmet by itself.

If you want to bridge with night vision, there are certainly better options.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dzhitshard:
I finally took the time to go read that Nick Chen piece and try to see what's going on with it that keep perpetuating the myth that you can't use the RH on XYZ eye.

If you look at his photos you can see that he has his KVC bridge interpupilary adjustment wheel nearly bottomed out on the inboard end of the adjustment for the RH. Just as That WildAdventure guy guessed in that linked thread above.

Chen also stated in the article, but did not make it abundantly clear for those who aren't familiar with the subject of bridging optics, that "you need an obverse dovetail for either the -14 or RH25." He states that the IRAYUSA Obverse Helmet Shoe shown in the manual is not yet available in the US and made no direct mention of the KAC OSS for the -14 but that or some similar printed option is what is needed to prevent that if you don't have a mongo wide head. That appears to be the root of the "can't be mounted over this or that eye" that I've seen pop up on several places in the internet. Out of context garbage that keeps being regurgitated.  

On another note:
This is speculation and I have not asked anyone there but I'm not confident we will see the Iray OHS imported by IrayUSA, at least anytime in the near future. "IMO" the OHS may eventually come from various dealers who direct import them similar to how the availability of the Bering Optics extended battery caps developed.

With the development and setup costs involved in releasing the pictail I doubt IrayUSA will be in a hurry to step on it's own product sales by offering the OHS for the helmet mounted roll. That is at least until sales numbers show people aren't buying the RH for helmet mounted roll anymore.

I'm going to put some more time under it for a few weeks but at this point, IMO, with the current mounting options available the RH is not The, or even A premier bridged HMT offering.

The -14 sits closer to the eye and the RH another inch or so away because of the length of the dual use pictail mount. This makes the already small screen image appear even smaller than that of the -14. As a stand alone monocular on a bridge set at the proper eye relief the RH is pretty phenomenal.

My INITIAL OPINION after a few hours is that until there is a mount offered that puts the diopter in line with the -14's in a bridged configuration the RH won't be one of the top 3 or 4 bridged dual band HMT offerings.

The RH25 has a phenomenal image, common removable rechargeable battery and internal recording but it is a multi tool plain and simple. I don't feel that it was marketed as anything different by IrayUSA. With that considered I am confident that with a little bit more purpose designed aftermarket product support there are some significant possibilities to be opened up.

Until then, honestly, I can buy a good set of pliers, knife, and a couple screw drivers much cheaper than a guicci Leatherman and they all do their independent jobs significantly better.

I also noticed the issues with the positioning of the RH25 and a 14 diopters/ocular lenses. I haven’t seen any bridged setups that look like they can get the positioning correct. The pictail just doesn’t allow for it. Someone would need to develop a male dovetail only that lines up on a specific bridge. To use it as-is with the pictail, you can forget about looking at both at the same time and getting a useful image. You will be using one at a time and probably adjusting eye relief each time you switch between the two.

Thankfully I went in to my RH25 purchase with no serious plans to bridge it. I simply wanted a small clip-on that could be used as a handheld or stand-alone optic. Or on a helmet by itself.

If you want to bridge with night vision, there are certainly better options.

my exact reason for purchasing the rh25 as well. i plan to purchase a NOX 35 by years end and use the rh25 helmet mounted.

with that said, my wilcox bridge arrived today.

Link Posted: 7/18/2022 9:06:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you guys running the 640 or 320 version of this? It looks very impressive but am I looking to be out 3k or 6k?
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 11:06:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThisWildAdventure] [#3]
A night vision mentor of mine taught me a lesson once: It sucks to suck.

RH25 is perfectly at home as a dual-band setup.  The only people here saying it can't be done are those who don't have the right hardware.  Those of out here tryna get bread on deez skreets have been running dual-band RH25s without issue.  No eye relief problems.  No diopter issues.  No "forgetting about looking at both at the same time and getting a useful image."

It just works.

Link Posted: 7/18/2022 11:24:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: French1966] [#4]
Originally Posted By ThisWildAdventure:

RH25 is perfectly at home as a dual-band setup.  The only people here saying it can't be done are those who don't have the right hardware.  Those of out here tryna get bread on deez skreets have been running dual-band RH25s without issue.  No eye relief problems.  No diopter issues.  No "forgetting about looking at both at the same time and getting a useful image."

It just works.

https://i.imgur.com/IM5Y5TZ.jpg
View Quote

A homeless crackhead once told me: “Every dog has its day”

Well there is no way for us to know if your setup works or if you are “making it work”. Big difference between the two. Regardless, I’m happy that you are happy with your setup.

I can tell you off the bat that there is no way I could use your pictured setup even if I was using the absolute minimum possible IPD adjustment (which would mean both units are touching). Thanks for posting the photo, it tells me there is no use in sourcing a KAC bridge in my case.

Also:
Collimation is a big deal in my experience running dual band setups. Getting units to fit side by side on a bridge is never a guarantee that you won’t be seeing 2 of everything you look at. That’s not acceptable in my opinion (but others try to make it work). If margins/X&Y are adjustable with the RH25 in helmet mode then I would be really happy to hear that, but I don’t believe that’s the case. And as I understand it, you can’t use other modes as a substitute due to the software that automatically changes the screen based on up/down positioning of the RH25.

Link Posted: 7/18/2022 11:42:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I can tell you off the bat that there is no way I could use your pictured setup even if I was using the absolute minimum possible IPD adjustment
View Quote

Because of your face size?

Are you the guy using a knockoff Chinese bridge?
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 11:51:54 PM EDT
[#6]
A homeless crackhead once told me: “Every dog has its day”
View Quote

I think we have the same mentor!
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 11:52:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: French1966] [#7]

View All Quotes
I can tell you off the bat that there is no way I could use your pictured setup even if I was using the absolute minimum possible IPD adjustment

Ohh… Sassy this evening are we. Tell me how handsome I am 🥰

(I don’t own any Chinese bridges yet. But perhaps in the not so distant future… it’s looking like the safest investment at this point given how much I don’t care about bridging this unit)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 2:17:19 AM EDT
[#8]

It just works.

https://i.imgur.com/IM5Y5TZh.jpg
View Quote

On this phone screen it looks like we are both running  the same equipment all around.
KVC bridge
RH on the picmod over the left eye
-14 on OSS over the right eye.

If you have something that dovetails the RH deeper into the bridge and closes up the offset on the diopters I’m very interested in hearing about it.

I just rode several miles of sketchy trail under the bridged set up at an average 9-10mph pace and I can make it work, but it’s a sad fat sister compared to swapping the RH back and forth with an MH (& setting proper ipd bridge settings for both)

The video I’m catching looks way better than what my eye is seeing in the field.

I’m not an optometrist but I have an idea why I see finer detail in the display with the diopter at 1.5” away from my eye than I do at 2.5” (those are swag measurements but I have the same diopter offset between my -14 and RH that you have in the pic you posted in the other thread)

Will it effect me less after more hours behind the bridged RH? Maybe, but is it really the user getting use to the awesomeness of the RH or could it actually be that the user’s brain is forgetting how much better the MH worked with a -14? I’m guessing the later.

With the mount options that I am currently aware of there is only one way I see around the conundrum.

Akimbo RH bridge it is.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:33:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ZhouBaiDin:
Are you guys running the 640 or 320 version of this? It looks very impressive but am I looking to be out 3k or 6k?
View Quote

The thread title is RH25 which means 640. The RL is 384.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 12:23:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: French1966] [#10]
Posting for anyone trying to do something similar. Haven’t seen many RH25 magnifier setups.

So far it seems to work just fine with a 3x magnifier red dot setup. Haven’t shot or zeroed with it yet, just trying to get familiar with the settings. It does what I expected it to do so I am very happy. Image would probably be better with a LPVO that is close to the RH25 ocular, but for my short range hunting needs it is perfect.

Incredibly difficult to photograph with an iPhone. Better in person.

Attachment Attached File

Deer @ about 65-75 yards
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 7:50:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#11]
Glad to see you hit the ground running with it Frenchie! No doubt your MH has same controls which make things easier.

Per our chat, I'll attach mine to both the fake Wilcox & Pano Bridges and post pics of what they look like. I can only get one to line up correctly.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:48:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By GunnyFitz:
Glad to see you hit the ground running with it Frenchie! No doubt your MH has same controls which make things easier.

Per our chat, I'll attach mine to both the fake Wilcox & Pano Bridges and post pics of what they look like. I can only get one to line up correctly.
View Quote

Definitely interested to see your bridge setup as it would help me figure out if it’s something I want to do.

And thanks for answering some of my questions Gunny, it’s been helpful
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:52:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Definitely interested to see your bridge setup as it would help me figure out if it’s something I want to do.
And thanks for answering some of my questions Gunny, it’s been helpful
View Quote

Ditto!
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 3:37:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThisWildAdventure] [#14]
Originally Posted By dzhitshard:
On this phone screen it looks like we are both running  the same equipment all around.
KVC bridge
RH on the picmod over the left eye
-14 on OSS over the right eye.

If you have something that dovetails the RH deeper into the bridge and closes up the offset on the diopters I’m very interested in hearing about it.
View Quote

I have run the RH25 on the left side of the bridge, and also on the right.  It works fine both ways.  No problems with diopter offset.  I installed both the floating top helmet shoe and lower weapon shoe components of the OSS on the -14, so switching eyes in the field is easy.

I do wish the pictail got the RH25 a tiny bit closer to my eyeball.  I'm running a G24 and 4D pads in my helmet, and I keep the G24 maxed out at the closest-to-my-face setting.  If I get time I might have a 3D printer friend whip up some proto-pictails that push the RH25 closer.

Link Posted: 7/22/2022 6:05:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: French1966] [#15]

I have run the RH25 on the left side of the bridge, and also on the right.  It works fine both ways.  No problems with diopter offset.  I installed both the floating top helmet shoe and lower weapon shoe components of the OSS on the -14, so switching eyes in the field is easy.

I do wish the pictail got the RH25 a tiny bit closer to my eyeball.  I'm running a G24 and 4D pads in my helmet, and I keep the G24 maxed out at the closest-to-my-face setting.  If I get time I might have a 3D printer friend whip up some proto-pictails that push the RH25 closer.

http://i.imgur.com/nCaBCJll.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0savTdal.jpg
View Quote

@ThisWildAdventure

Do you have any of the “rolling shutter” issues aka “jello” effect (what Horta first brought up on the hide) when looking around in helmet mode?

Mine has it very bad. I wouldn’t even helmet mount it due to this. The software update on Iray USA website is not working (on a few different levels) for me and I’m working with Cody from Iray USA for a fix.

Just wondering who else had issues and if the software update did anything for them.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 5:50:52 PM EDT
[#16]

@ThisWildAdventure

Do you have any of the “rolling shutter” issues aka “jello” effect (what Horta first brought up on the hide) when looking around in helmet mode?

Mine has it very bad. I wouldn’t even helmet mount it due to this. The software update on Iray USA website is not working (on a few different levels) for me and I’m working with Cody from Iray USA for a fix.

Just wondering who else had issues and if the software update did anything for them.
View Quote

I didn't spend much time with my units before upgrading them, but I did one bike ride and one golf cart ride around the hood and didn't perceive any horrible jello issues.  

On the firmware, I want to say it never worked on my iMac and I had to do it from my iPhone, but I could be misremembering.  Being satisfied with an RH25 does (at least currently) involve at least some amount of not getting caught up in the little things.  I have lots of small gripes and suggested improvements that could have been identified and iteratively fixed in during beta testing, but I'm not cool enough to get those phone calls.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 5:50:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Ok, said I'd post my present experience with these two (YES!!) Chinese Bridges. Those with one will no doubt concur they're built pretty damn solid and despite the origin feel legit.

"Wrote a song about it, here it go!"……

As stated somewhere else in my thread, I had an issue fitting the iRay Pictail into just one side of the fake Wilcox Dovetail. Took a Dremel to each side and now it snaps right in both sides.

First up is the SOTAC (Wilcox) Bridge over the Right Eye. It has all the little adjustment screws as the original and connects to my G22/G24/G69 perfectly.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

File Size maxed out. Break============

Link Posted: 7/25/2022 5:53:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#18]
The small amount of filing I did with the Dremel shown here: It was the Right Dovetail that it wouldn't fit in. The Left clicked right in!

Here you see that the battery prevents PVS14 from being mounted over Right eye.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 5:55:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#19]
Have to put up pics of it on fake Panobridge……

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

**Note: Neither one of these Bridges enables me to adequately see thru BOTH devices at the same time. They just don't line up!
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 7:07:31 PM EDT
[#20]
"Hey Siri, remind me to whisper sweet nothings to my KAC bridges tonight."
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 7:18:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: French1966] [#21]
View Quote

But Chinese Wilcox bridge love you long time.

$130 dolla make you holla
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 7:19:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#22]
View Quote
Sure as hell wish I could do that!
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 8:34:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#23]
Wish I could find a KVC and OSS…

I’m still a little sour over the zero shift issues I see with my RH25 when I change the focus.  I have my x/y clip-on offset “zeroed” with the objective set to ~200 yards… but if I adjust the focus to walking-distances (10yds), rotating that objective focus I get a ~6MOA POI shift.

It’s real and repeatable on different guns and after reaching out iRay basically told me it’s “normal” and to basically just make sure I have it set at whatever focal distance it was zeroed at… if the target is a little out of focus because it’s not at that distance… so be it.

So there’s the potential for this big shift in theory, but keeping it focused art 200+ yards almost all the time also means everything down to 50 yards is reasonably focused too.  So if I’m willing to cope with imperfect focus on things <50yards, it’s not really a real-world issue for a thermal.  I just use the focus throw lever installed so it stops at my “zero point” for repeatable zero.  If I’m walking around with it, I just have to remember to swing the throw lever all the way over before taking a shot.  Not ideal, but workable… and still better dual-use thermal than anything else even 2X the price.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 8:44:12 PM EDT
[#24]

But Chinese Wilcox bridge love you long time.

$130 dolla make you holla
View Quote

#truthbomb

I love my Chilcox Bridge mount for the money.  I locked down the set screws after adjusting the IPD and it feels bombproof.  I’ll be keeping it for when I run a mono -14 and then I can clip the RH25 on for easy scanning. I’ll just roll up the -14 to use thermal and visa versa.  For dual -14s the TNVC NPBM is still better and lighter and I’ll just keep the RH25 on the gun 100%.

The Chinese G24 mount isn’t bad at all either for the ~$70ish they cost… but there’s a notable difference in feel compared to my real Wilcox L4G24 and the real G24 has more adjustment range.  I’ll probably be dumping my fake G24 and I’ll keep the fake pano because it’s only $20 and neat for strictly light duty hiking… but I don’t really like actually shooting with it pano’d and it’s not nearly as stiff to keep position vs the fake G24 or NPBM.  Even shock cord easily yanks it out of position.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 8:59:21 PM EDT
[#25]

http://i.imgur.com/nCaBCJll.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0savTdal.jpg
View Quote
Big plus 1 for posting that. My plan was exactly this, and the offset in the two eyepieces would drive me nuts.

looks like a 3d print to metal is in my future when I grab one.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 6:09:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Millennial:
Wish I could find a KVC and OSS…

I’m still a little sour over the zero shift issues I see with my RH25 when I change the focus.  I have my x/y clip-on offset “zeroed” with the objective set to ~200 yards… but if I adjust the focus to walking-distances (10yds), rotating that objective focus I get a ~6MOA POI shift.

It’s real and repeatable on different guns and after reaching out iRay basically told me it’s “normal” and to basically just make sure I have it set at whatever focal distance it was zeroed at… if the target is a little out of focus because it’s not at that distance… so be it.

So there’s the potential for this big shift in theory, but keeping it focused art 200+ yards almost all the time also means everything down to 50 yards is reasonably focused too.  So if I’m willing to cope with imperfect focus on things <50yards, it’s not really a real-world issue for a thermal.  I just use the focus throw lever installed so it stops at my “zero point” for repeatable zero.  If I’m walking around with it, I just have to remember to swing the throw lever all the way over before taking a shot.  Not ideal, but workable… and still better dual-use thermal than anything else even 2X the price.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/132797/761971CA-A73B-4244-AB04-A7235BA2E867_jpe-2465746.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/132797/2C62DA34-D33A-40D8-BDF0-D46157394637_jpe-2465747.JPG
View Quote

Where did you get the Obj lens throw lever? If you made that you did a really good job!

Thanks.

Link Posted: 7/26/2022 6:36:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Fongman:
Where did you get the Obj lens throw lever? If you made that you did a really good job!

View Quote
DITTO! I want one!
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 2:03:33 PM EDT
[#28]
DITTO! I want one!
View All Quotes

DITTO! I want one!

Me too!
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 2:11:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#29]
JUST SLAPPED MYSELF!!!!

Look at the box right next to the nifty Throw Lever!

That dude helped me out bigtime too! Sent you a PM when that gear first arrived Millennial was puzzled out of my skull. As with the RH itself, things eventually start to fall in place. Thanks again brother!

WTF OVER - $100 !
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 2:57:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Wait, now y'all have me jealous.  Neither of my units shipped with an objective lens throw lever, and I could definitely use them.

Anyone wanna trade one for a KVC bridge?
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 3:49:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GGtar122] [#31]
What is the "height over bore" on the RH25 when clipped on? I am using it in front of a Vortex Razor HD Gen II.in a Warne mount and the RH25 is really high (actually I have 2 rifles in this setup any both are the same). I haven't shot it yet but I doubt the x,y adjustment will come down that far. It looks really misaligned compared to some other pics and vids I am seeing.

Any recommendations on a scope mount that will fit better?

I can PM pics but can't host them at the moment.

ETA I am using a Warne Xskel mount height over bore is 1.43". The standard vortex mount is 1.59" so 0.16" difference (over 4mm).
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 3:51:31 PM EDT
[#32]
JUST SLAPPED MYSELF!!!!

That dude helped me out bigtime too! Sent you a PM when that gear first arrived Millennial was puzzled out of my skull. As with the RH itself, things eventually start to fall in place. Thanks again brother!

WTF OVER - $100 !
View Quote

Good eye. Close, but your link is not the same part. It appears we need part AC42, it has a forward extension for the OEM cap to still fit over. Not sure if the linked part (AC61) would work. Might work fine, just unsure.

Link Posted: 7/26/2022 3:54:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By GGtar122:
What is the "height over bore" on the RH25 when clipped on? I am using it in front of a Vortex Razor HD Gen II.in a Warne mount and the RH25 is really high (actually I have 2 rifles in this setup any both are the same). I haven't shot it yet but I doubt the x,y adjustment will come down that far. It looks really misaligned compared to some other pics and vids I am seeing.

View Quote

Depends on what mount you're using. I can't remember the exact heights, but the ADM is a little over 1.5" and the OEM mount is higher. I think I heard using a 1.93 mount worked with the OEM mount. Don't hold me to that though.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 3:54:42 PM EDT
[#34]
JUST SLAPPED MYSELF!!!!

WTF OVER - $100 !
View Quote
If it has a germanium protective lense then maybe it is worth it. I've been sourcing one for my 3D printed Jerry C5 protector.

if it is just 3d printed, then time to print one up. I already spit in the face of god by making a Wilcox dovetail adapter for the standalone Jerry-C eyepiece.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 4:04:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Wait, now y'all have me jealous.  Neither of my units shipped with an objective lens throw lever, and I could definitely use them.
Anyone wanna trade one for a KVC bridge?
View Quote

Good one!!
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 4:15:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#36]
It’s not on their website, but reach out to Ultimate Nighhtvision… that’s where this one came from.

I like it way more than the 30mm flip cap I had originally and it seems like I can use tree original rubber cap, too.  It looks to be SLS or polyjet printed from a flexible urethane-like material.

I can make a step or stl file of it if you like…
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 4:33:21 PM EDT
[#37]

Depends on what mount you're using. I can't remember the exact heights, but the ADM is a little over 1.5" and the OEM mount is higher. I think I heard using a 1.93 mount worked with the OEM mount. Don't hold me to that though.
View All Quotes

Sorry I edited my post to include my mounts info

ETA I am using a Warne Xskel mount height over bore is 1.43". The standard vortex mount is 1.59" so 0.16" difference (over 4mm).
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 4:56:07 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

No problems here.

Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:11:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fongman] [#39]

View Quote

Sorry should have been more clear. I was trying to say it depends on what IRay mount you are using. The OEM mount that IRay designed is pretty high. But the one ADM designed for IRay is 1.5. So the ADM mount is the one you want to use.

Edited to add: the pic ThisWildAdventure just posted is the ADM version and the mount you want to use. It was an added cost to the Rico Micro purchase. Can't remember how much, but $200 or so extra.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:39:45 PM EDT
[#40]
I like the mechanical decoupling on OEM mount more but it’s very high and not QD.

The ADM MQD/Pictail mount is 1.625” over the rail. Which is just about exactly between absolute cowitness (1.5” center) and lower-1/3 hight so it works equally well with both.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:44:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GGtar122] [#41]

Sorry should have been more clear. I was trying to say it depends on what IRay mount you are using. The OEM mount that IRay designed is pretty high. But the one ADM designed for IRay is 1.5. So the ADM mount is the one you want to use.

Edited to add: the pic ThisWildAdventure just posted is the ADM version and the mount you want to use. It was an added cost to the Rico Micro purchase. Can't remember how much, but $200 or so extra.
View All Quotes

I am using the ADM mount.

ETA one scope mount is a 20 MOA.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:45:31 PM EDT
[#42]

No problems here.

https://i.imgur.com/dnZWslNl.jpg
View All Quotes

No problems here.

https://i.imgur.com/dnZWslNl.jpg

Well the IRay does look higher than the scope. Did you have to use a lot of x,y adjustment?
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 6:37:01 PM EDT
[#43]
I like the mechanical decoupling on OEM mount more but it’s very high and not QD.

The ADM MQD/Pictail mount is 1.625” over the rail. Which is just about exactly between absolute cowitness (1.5” center) and lower-1/3 hight so it works equally well with both.
View Quote

Ok, then my RH25 is 0.195" or 4.193mm higher than my scope. It should be the same setup as @ThisWildAdventure (although mine does look higher but it could be the angle).
Anyone see a problem with this discrepancy?
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 8:16:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: French1966] [#44]

View Quote

I thought the ADM/Pictail put the RH25 exactly at 1.57, based on photos I’ve seen with them in front of the 1.57 scalarworks mounts

Attachment Attached File

And the 1.58 height UH1:

Attachment Attached File

I’m still waiting on my mounts to come in and am hoping a .32 riser gets the RH25 close to 1.93 (It will be 1.89 if all goes well)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 8:20:48 PM EDT
[#45]

Well the IRay does look higher than the scope. Did you have to use a lot of x,y adjustment?
View Quote

X= -2.89;  Y= -22.02 for a 300BLK SBR at 50 yards shooting Barnes 110.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 11:19:06 PM EDT
[#46]

I thought the ADM/Pictail put the RH25 exactly at 1.57, based on photos I’ve seen with them in front of the 1.57 scalarworks mounts

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/496867/57051529-7FD9-4403-90F8-F0CF1F0D91F5_jpe-2466760.JPG

And the 1.58 height UH1:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/496867/D39D24E7-0788-4C9B-90F9-017C3E6ED494_jpe-2466765.JPG

I’m still waiting on my mounts to come in and am hoping a .32 riser gets the RH25 close to 1.93 (It will be 1.89 if all goes well)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/496867/3B29013E-BB09-419A-9D3A-EFB4719E9B5C_jpe-2466767.JPG
View Quote

I just measured mine on the gun

.915” from the top of the rail to the bottom of the ocular ring and a 1.420” ocular ring diameter = 1.625 centerline height.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 8:07:28 AM EDT
[#47]
On a flat top, The RH with pictail and IrayUSA QD mounts perfectly centered in front of a 30mm tube optic with a 24mm objective  if the day optic is in a 1.54”-1.57” height mounting option
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 3:05:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Posting for anyone trying to do something similar. Haven’t seen many RH25 magnifier setups.

So far it seems to work just fine with a 3x magnifier red dot setup. Haven’t shot or zeroed with it yet, just trying to get familiar with the settings. It does what I expected it to do so I am very happy. Image would probably be better with a LPVO that is close to the RH25 ocular, but for my short range hunting needs it is perfect.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/496867/1981B658-A86B-4455-940B-42A228780D39_jpe-2460519.JPG

Deer @ about 65-75 yards
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/496867/99B059EA-0250-4BB4-B6EF-6BA9DEA039C6_jpe-2460520.JPG
View Quote

How well would it work with an EXPS2/3?

The thermal would have to sit a little ways away from the glass because of the battery housing.  But the pictail mount should be the perfect height for an EXPS.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:11:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: French1966] [#49]

The thermal would have to sit a little ways away from the glass because of the battery housing.  But the pictail mount should be the perfect height for an EXPS.
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/496867/1981B658-A86B-4455-940B-42A228780D39_jpe-2460519.JPG

Deer @ about 65-75 yards
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/496867/99B059EA-0250-4BB4-B6EF-6BA9DEA039C6_jpe-2460520.JPG

According to a reliable source, it works very well with the factory 1.93ish mount. The pictail and ADM would be quite a bit shorter.

Attachment Attached File

I finally got the QD stuff. I was able to get it to almost exactly 1.93 height using a YHM front sight riser.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

All part of testing configuration still. Haven’t shot with it yet, and am hoping that riser is robust enough to hold up through recoil. Fortunately this thermal doesn’t have to reside on my SBR, I have a 14.5 that I could dedicate to it using the stand-alone configuration. Just thought it would be cool if I could use a thermal clip-on without changing any of my normal SBR configuration
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 8:17:04 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote
I found absolutely zero alignment with any EXPS3 whatsoever!
Page / 21
Top Top