Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:07:46 PM EDT
[#1]
So in other words two more years if not more time before we even get close to an answer?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:06:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 57man:
So in other words two more years if not more time before we even get close to an answer?
View Quote

Maybe, maybe not. Judge Peter Sheridan is hearing the case in Trenton and he works for Judge Bumb, not that it matters much but I'm hoping he will make a similar swift decision as judge Bumb did in our favor. Then again, we're in New Jersey and you know how that goes. Whatever happens, I'm planning to attend the oral arguments and hear them for myself in person.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:07:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#3]
Anyone else from the NJHTF planning on attending?

Mag ban case to be heard before Judge Sheridan on 4/10/2024 at 11am

Courtroom 1

Clarkson S. Fisher Building& U.S. Courthouse 402 East State Street

Trenton, NJ 08608609-989-2065
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:32:56 PM EDT
[#5]
who is going
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
who is going
View Quote

I was going but.....there was a bomb threat at the courthouse today and the oral arguments have been rescheduled for April 11, Thursday at 4 p.m. which means it's going to be rush job because the courts want to go home by 5 p.m

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/7147045/association-of-new-jersey-rifle-pistol-clubs-inc-v-grewal/
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:55:33 PM EDT
[#7]
4 pm lol

anyone do pistol permit lately ? its asking for a photo
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:35:57 AM EDT
[#8]
4 pm lol

View Quote

They're now requiring a photo for a pistol purchase permit?

Also how convenient there was a bomb threat. Fuck nj.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:27:07 AM EDT
[#9]
looks that way, i couldnt continue past it at all.

Originally Posted By TheTallest:

They're now requiring a photo for a pistol purchase permit?

Also how convenient there was a bomb threat. Fuck nj.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:47:49 AM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

My daughter applied for her purchase permit last week and she didn't need to upload a photo.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:19:46 PM EDT
[#11]
yea i couldnt get around it. i was going to take a pic of it. but my phone has no memory left lol
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:28:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:15:42 PM EDT
[#13]
@BSOG1

Are you sure you're on the correct site for purchase permits?

https://www.njportal.com/NJSP/Fars/

Or are you on the PTC page?

https://www.njportal.com/NJSP/ConcealedCarry/

If you are on the FARS site, get a screen cap of the complete page and post it here so we can figure out what's going on..

Our Mag and AWB cases are being heard in Trenton tomorrow. Anyone going from the NJ HTF?
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:25:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Demeroma:
@BSOG1

Are you sure you're on the correct site for purchase permits?

https://www.njportal.com/NJSP/Fars/

Or are you on the PTC page?

https://www.njportal.com/NJSP/ConcealedCarry/

If you are on the FARS site, get a screen cap of the complete page and post it here so we can figure out what's going on..

Our Mag and AWB cases are being heard in Trenton tomorrow. Anyone going from the NJ HTF?
View Quote

Would it honestly matter? The tyrants are going to do whatever the tyrants want to do anyway.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:09:08 AM EDT
[#15]
it was the FARS portal. i didnt renew carry yet.
after it says personal it has identification, got to upload a pic. i didnt have a white
backround so i taped a big target backwards on the wall LOL.

yes the tyrants do whatever they want...and i play along their game.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:19:55 AM EDT
[#16]
i dont see them as tyrants..lol. i see them as justifying all their layers of horse shit to justify their cush
jobs, pensions etc. that do Nothing to stop all the robberies, home invasions, crime, converter robberies, key fobs etc etc
many armed robberies now also. and whats done about it ?
raise prices for the good guys ? delay permits by months and months.... its all so boring now.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 1:38:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Would it honestly matter? The tyrants are going to do whatever the tyrants want to do anyway.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'll soon be heading off to Trenton to show my support for Dan Schmutter and the ANJRPC, CNJFO, Women For Gun Rights, FPC. Someone from our side has to show up to counter the Bloomberg funded Moms Demand Action.

Does it matter?

It matters to me because I no longer care to be a summer soldier or sunshine patriot.

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 2:30:39 PM EDT
[#18]
awww no fake Patriot there !! awesome. i had off yesterday, till their fake bomb threat came along.
Moms Demand ...lol

I'll soon be heading off to Trenton to show my support for Dan Schmutter and the ANJRPC, CNJFO, Women For Gun Rights, FPC. Someone from our side has to show up to counter the Bloomberg funded Moms Demand Action.

Does it matter?

It matters to me because I no longer care to be a summer soldier or sunshine patriot.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:13:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KnuckleSandwich] [#19]
Patiently awaiting any sort of updates....

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:09:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By KnuckleSandwich:
Patiently awaiting any sort of updates....

View Quote

Just got home a little while ago. Leaving the court house my GPS didn't work so I got to drive around glorious Trenton until I found my way onto the highway and then through torrential downpours heading home. That was fun.

It sucked having to provide ID, empty out my pockets, take off my belt and shoes and go through a metal detector. Also no lighters or matches allowed in court. Guess they don't want someone lighting up a doobie or burning the place down.

There were about a dozen of us from the 2A organizations but no Moms in the red shirts showed up. Angela Cai was there with some other young attorney representing the state. There were also 7 other attorneys sitting behind Cai and her sidekick so I assume they were there from NJ to witness the arguments but don't quote me on that. Why do I think they were attorneys? Because they didn't have to take off their shoes when going through security.

Shawn from News2A was there so his tweets will have some of the details from the oral arguments.

I need a cup of coffee - be back in a few.

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:17:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Full credit to Shawn of News2A

Some other notable scribblings I took down inside the courthouse.
The Bruen ruling wasn't only about the right to carry, it was also about the lower courts getting it dead wrong for the 12 years since the McDonald case.
The state of New Jersey talked a lot about numerosity. They would like the numbers used in the common use test to be based on the number of times people have actually used a gun to shoot a bad guy.  
The fact that people choose rifles with evil features for their own lawful purposes is enough to satisfy Bruen.
At one point, the judge talked about the difficulty of figuring out how to stop mass shootings. To which Dan Schmutter replied stop creating gun free zones.
The state of New Jersey believes that magazines are merely accessories and not arms.
Judge Sheridan, in a sad attempt at terminology, I think he was referring to a rifle's stock, but he ended up using the phrase "shoulder butt holder".  
Angela Cai stated that the rate at which you can expend 10 rounds from an AR 15 is already extremely dangerous .
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:21:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BSOG1] [#22]
i have a headache already....
tell Angy if its so dangerous. then not even law enforcement should have those fast shooting guns.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:25:18 PM EDT
[#23]
so are shoulder butt holders illegal now too ? what does that even have to do with anything ?
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:36:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#24]
so are shoulder butt holders illegal now too ? what does that even have to do with anything ?
View Quote
I have a headache as well. The judge was referring to the evil features under AWB. He was trying to understand how that makes an AR-15 more dangerous if it's designed to improve the shooters accuracy.

The judge also questioned Cai as to why 10 rounds are Ok but 15 aren't.  Cai replied that it's because it takes time to change magazines and that we can have as many 10 round mags as we want.

eta:

I'll do a writeup of what I remember about the oral arguments and post it probably tomorrow. Nothing earth shattering to report but it was an experience being there.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:54:02 PM EDT
[#25]
thats cool the Judge was asking how an evil feature made a gun more dangerous.
obviously he is no dummy, Cia on the other hand is another story and will push whatever her
handlers tell her
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 10:26:54 PM EDT
[#26]
The state of New Jersey talked a lot about numerosity. They would like the numbers used in the common use test to be based on the number of times people have actually used a gun to shoot a bad guy.
View Quote

I see this weasel argument being used in many similar cases. Nowhere in Bruen or Heller does it say that self defense is the only lawful purpose. By this logic manual action rifles are not protected by 2a because they are almost never used for self defense. I've never seen a judge ask the state if that means a ban on hunting rifles would be permissible because those weapons are almost never used for defensive purposes. Most deer rifles are more powerful after all than an AR15. I'd love to hear their answer to that question.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:08:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By mak0:

I see this weasel argument being used in many similar cases. Nowhere in Bruen or Heller does it say that self defense is the only lawful purpose. By this logic manual action rifles are not protected by 2a because they are almost never used for self defense. I've never seen a judge ask the state if that means a ban on hunting rifles would be permissible because those weapons are almost never used for defensive purposes. Most deer rifles are more powerful after all than an AR15. I'd love to hear their answer to that question.
View Quote

Not only that but Cai was attempting to equate AR-15's to M-16's having the same rate of fire as the M-16 in semi auto. The only difference between the two were the auto feature on the M-16. She also said that the military primarily uses the semi instead of full auto feature so AR-15's should be banned. AR-15's are too dangerous for home defense because you wont be firing them 500 yards inside your home.

Schmutter did a good job rebutting her by saying that many firearms have the same semi auto features and they're not being banned. He also said that he had 3 AR's at home and they're not banned in NJ only the features that the legislature deemed evil. The issue about handguns being a better weapon for home defense was raised and Schmutter replied that his handgun is currently in a box but he'd use his handgun to get to his AR-15 in order to defend his home.

The judge raised an issue later about all the increased violence and Schmutter replied that they should stop making gun free zones because the majority of shootings have occurred in gun free zones.

If I can think of more items argued, I'll post it later.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:43:25 AM EDT
[#28]
so if a M16 is used by the military in semi if should be banned ?? LOL
dude where the fk do they dream up this shit. its time to get out. and fund a state with your taxes that goes
by the Constitution.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:16:38 AM EDT
[#29]
I appreciate the updates!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:26:25 AM EDT
[#30]
why didn’t Dan ask what is NJ doing about rising crime with bans in place ?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Larger images in links

link

link

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:43:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BSOG1] [#32]
The stuff that comes out of Cia”s mouth is wild…
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:10:02 AM EDT
[#33]
At one point Angela Cai was telling the judge how much she's learned about firearms preparing for this case.  When it was Dan Schmutter's turn to argue, he turned around and pointed at us 2A supporters from the CNJFO, Women for Gun Rights and the NJ Firearms Owners Syndicate group and said that we have more firearms knowledge and experience than the state does.

I thought that was neat.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:20:05 AM EDT
[#34]
It’s amazing this circus plays out in modern times
it’s Fkn embarrassing
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#35]
So basically the state is just relying on the same tired arguments that Bruen and other cases have already legally demolished, and the judge at least acknowledged as such.

So it is still going to boil down to whether or not the justice system is going to continue being corrupt or finally start to do their job.

60/40 the state wins.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:47:43 PM EDT
[#36]
its absolutely embarrassing she finally learned some things. and this is who is fighting to screw everyone ?

At one point Angela Cai was telling the judge how much she's learned about firearms preparing for this case.  When it was Dan Schmutter's turn to argue, he turned around and pointed at us 2A supporters from the CNJFO, Women for Gun Rights and the NJ Firearms Owners Syndicate group and said that we have more firearms knowledge and experience than the state does.

I thought that was neat.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 1:06:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#37]
So basically the state is just relying on the same tired arguments that Bruen and other cases have already legally demolished, and the judge at least acknowledged as such.

So it is still going to boil down to whether or not the justice system is going to continue being corrupt or finally start to do their job.

60/40 the state wins.
View Quote
I'm thinking more like 60/40 in our favor. If we win the AWB and mags then NJ will ask for the 3rd circuit's help. If we lose, then we'll ask for the 3rd circuit as well.

My personal belief from some of the questions judge Sheridan asked, he may have been considering to give us one or the other (AWBs or Mags).  But now that he's going to review the PA Lara 3rd circuit case (1791) then we may stand a chance of winning both the AWB and Mag cases.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 1:11:13 PM EDT
[#38]
its absolutely embarrassing she finally learned some things. and this is who is fighting to screw everyone ?

View Quote
She's good at what she does and that's defending her master's unconstitutional laws. Like her or not, she's a professional and should be taken seriously.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 1:14:41 PM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 1:21:46 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 1:34:30 PM EDT
[#41]
it was the FARS portal. i didnt renew carry yet.
after it says personal it has identification, got to upload a pic. i didnt have a white
backround so i taped a big target backwards on the wall LOL.

yes the tyrants do whatever they want...and i play along their game.
View Quote

You're not the only one asking about uploading a photo for a purchase permit. Just saw a post on reddit about the same question you asked. Seems FARS is now requiring a photo for your new electronic FID card, no matter if you're grandfathered or not. Whether it's a glitch or a feature it's still B.S..

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 1:38:24 PM EDT
[#42]
ok at least im not losing my mind. i up loaded a photo. next ill send one of my butthole.
i guess it just changed and noone was told or knew about it. i only checked off pistol permits.
i dont need 100 updated FID print outs on a piece of paper.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 2:06:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Yeah, it's nuts. So every time you apply for something, they'll send you a new FID with your photo. If you're grandfathered, there wont be an expiration date. If you're not grandfathered then the state will extend your expiration date. Nuts!

If anyone is interested another police pistol combat match is being held tonight at 6 p.m at the Old Bridge Rifle and Pistol club indoor range at 95 Maple Street, Old Bridge, NJ

$10 bucks, your gun, a holster, at least 60 rounds of ammo and extra mags are recommended.  

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:53:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#45]
if she was professional  she would of did her homework long before she got into the ring.
she is getting better but some of the stuff she comes out with is from outer space lol hey my bad for questioning it.
im just a mere peasant tax payer that has no rights and must bow to the Masters.
i can have 100 ten round mags according to her LOL.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:49:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Cai is all over the place. she really has no idea
i like how Judge asks about the evil feature making the gun and ten round mag function any different. LOL

i understand from what i read everything the Judge asks. i cant follow most of what Cai babbles.
i dont see how she is professional. ill be honest im tired of paying them. and all the taxes that enable this bullshit.
so there is only one true real answer. move the fuck out.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:51:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BSOG1] [#47]
its hilarious she mentions England...LOL doesnt she know we ousted them for basically the same exact shit
they are trying to do today ? limit peoples rights, finances etc  im glad i didnt go and sit in on that. id be sick to my stomach knowing
its even real. i hope the Judge judges this by the Constitution. sure they will appeal 1000 times. spend millions in tax money etc
but it will be cool if he Judges this properly.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:35:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Cai is all over the place. she really has no idea
i like how Judge asks about the evil feature making the gun and ten round mag function any different. LOL

i understand from what i read everything the Judge asks. i cant follow most of what Cai babbles.
i dont see how she is professional. ill be honest im tired of paying them. and all the taxes that enable this bullshit.
so there is only one true real answer. move the fuck out.
View Quote

When you're playing in a rigged game and you know it's rigged in your favor, you don't need to be competent.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#49]
only answer is to remove one self from such a criminal organization.
i know many attorneys. people in all professions. she is amateur at best playing with our Rights.
so what happens now ? we wait for the Judge ?

When you're playing in a rigged game and you know it's rigged in your favor, you don't need to be competent.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:39:47 PM EDT
[#50]
only answer is to remove one self from such a criminal organization.
i know many attorneys. people in all professions. she is amateur at best playing with our Rights.
so what happens now ? we wait for the Judge ?

View Quote

300 Canadian Scene | CIVIL WAR (2024) Wagner Moura, Movie CLIP HD

Page / 3
Top Top