Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/28/2004 6:25:51 AM EDT
When I worked at the GM plant in Arlington, TX, I had to make a quick trip into my office to retrieve a few documents on Christmas Day.  The only people in that massive plant were just a handful of employees.  In other words, you could spend the entire day walking around that place and never see anyone.

Well, as I was walking into the main corridor that led to the main security gate (southgate), I heard a golf cart coming my way.  I ducked into the shadow of the showroom doorway and waited for it to get closer.  As the security officer pulled up to where I was, I jumped out and yelled, "AAAHHH!!" as loud as I could.  He turned white as a ghost.  He told me (after he caught his breath) that he felt physically sick.

I apologized and appreciated the fact that I was somewhat friendly with the guy.  In hindsight, he had every right to belt me in the chops.  But the look on his face was that of pure fright.  I'll never forget it.

I still laugh about it to this day.

What evils have you pulled to scare the begeezus out of someone?

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:27:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:29:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:33:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Wonder if he learned the lesson about vigilance

You know those Pinkerton fellas.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:33:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Was on a date a long time ago, back when I was teen .... my girlfriend had fallen asleep in the passenger seat of my car. I was driving along and noticed a train at a RR crossing that had stopped, the engine on it was running and its light was on, but it was just sitting there next to the road, stopped. Right before I crossed in front of it, I screamed TRAIN!!!!! she saw the train and almost had a heart attack, she wound up in the floor board of the car. Hilarious for me, she was NOT amuzed... I dont think we ever went out again after that ....
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:33:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The worst was my wife a few years ago.  I literally thought she might kill me.

I had a 3D deer archery target setup in a basement room with the lights off.  She thought I was outside, but I was hiding around the corner with a deer call.  She came downstairs, flipped on the light and I hit the deer call.  She turned white as a ghost and fell down trying to get away from the “deer.”  

She was not amused.

Priceless!  

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:35:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Was on a date a long time ago, back when I was teen .... my girlfriend had fallen asleep in the passenger seat of my car. I was driving along and noticed a train at a RR crossing that had stopped, the engine on it was running and its light was on, but it was just sitting there next to the road, stopped. Right before I crossed in front of it, I screamed TRAIN!!!!! she saw the train and almost had a heart attack, she wound up in the floor board of the car. Hilarious for me, she was NOT amuzed... I dont think we ever went out again after that ....

THAT'S FUNNY!!

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:37:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:39:43 AM EDT
[#8]
My best friend, his mom, and his sister were all at their house at the dining room table talking about his late father.  I showed up at the back screen door and just stood there in the darkness waiting for him to look up and see me.  Well he did, and turned white as a sheet and nearly fainted.  I started laughing, and the other two jumped out of their chairs and screamed.  At the time I didn't know what they were talking about and my friend thought I was his father's ghost.

Another time was with a group of Explorer Scouts at a convention in Daytona Beach.  Some people were standing on the 3rd floor balcony staring out over the ocean.  I climbed onto the 2nd story balcony rail, grabbed someone's ankle and screamed.  He jumped so high I lost my grip and nearly fell into the pool 2 stories below.  Laughing as hard as I was didn't help, either.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:47:09 AM EDT
[#9]

The train stories reminded me of a college stunt. 3-4 guys went into a guy's room about 2:00 AM.
They played a sound effects tape of a train, slowly increasing the volume. Right as the train on the tape blew it's horn, all of them yelled "Oh MY GOD, LOOK OUT A TRAIN!!", turned on a flashlight into the eyes of the sleeping victim, and took a flash picture of him as he sat up screaming. The picture is priceless, total terror on his face with almost no color left. He said they were able to get him to have trains in his dream and in his dream he tripped and fell on the tracks just as they yelled..
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:49:19 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The train stories reminded me of a college stunt. 3-4 guys went into a guy's room about 2:00 AM.
They played a sound effects tape of a train, slowly increasing the volume. Right as the train on the tape blew it's horn, all of them yelled "Oh MY GOD, LOOK OUT A TRAIN!!", turned on a flashlight into the eyes of the sleeping victim, and took a flash picture of him as he sat up screaming. The picture is priceless, total terror on his face with almost no color left. He said they were able to get him to have trains in his dream and in his dream he tripped and fell on the tracks just as they yelled..

I would love to see that pic.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:51:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:54:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Can't sleep trains'll eat me.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:58:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I was there for this, but I don't remember it.

When I was a wee little kid, I climbed out of my crib and fell between the dresser and the wall, with my head tilted WAY back so I couldn't breathe.  Mom thought, "It's too quiet in there..." and rescued me.  After that, one of Dad's neckties stayed around my ankle for a while as a tether.

I also opened (but did not consume) a bottle of aspirin.  They learned that I didn't consume any AFTER they pumped out my stomach.

I don't remember any of these.  Mom does.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:03:44 AM EDT
[#14]
 BOOOOOOOOOOOO                                                                                                                          

Did that scare the begeezus out of you or make you physically sick  

I yelled as loud as I could  , Hope it worked    
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:04:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Hi all,
Back in college we were on the way back to school from a road trip, driving through the night in the dead of winter.  There were four of us in the car.  It was really late and dark, but we were all awake.  I was in the back seat when we came up to an old girder bridge over a large river.  The approach to the bridge was really steep up hill, the headlights only showed the road right in front of us, not the bridge surface.  There were some construction signs around too.

Anyhow, we are talking and going up this steep approach to the bridge at about 30mph.  Right at the top as we are just about to get on the bridge I scream "THE BRIDGE IS OUT! THE BRIDGE IS OUT!" and brace for impact.  Everyone knows its too late to stop and starts screaming.  

Everyone was screaming so loud I began to wonder if the bridge was really out!

I basically scared the crap out of them.  No one was very sleepy after that!

Dez
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:08:18 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
BOOOOOOOOOOOO                                                                                                                          

Did that scare the begeezus out of you or make you physically sick  

I yelled as loud as I could  , Hope it worked    

It would have worked, but you screwed up your tags.  Lucky for us.  Whew.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:11:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:18:38 AM EDT
[#18]
It wasn't me but...

Back in high school, my brother and his friend Nick took their girlfriends to a haunted house on Halloween.  Nick's girlfriend was scared to death of everything.  EVERYTHING.  Bugs, snakes, vampires, boogeymen, trolls, wolfmen, zomb*es, you name it.

The haunted house was one of those big multi-level warehouses.  By the end of the first floor, Nick's girlfriend had drawn blood from digging her nails into Nick's arm.  It loked like he had gotten attacked by a set of tin snips.

They went up the second floor and the hallway was dark, empty and filled with fog.  Them were making their way forward when a guy with a chainsaw and a hockey mask jumped out  in front of them, screaming and waving the saw.

Nick's girlfriend screamed at the top of her lungs and completely freaked out.  She turned and ran, still screaming, at full speed.

Right into a wall.  Out cold on impact.

My brother said that the lights in the haunted house were on almost instantly and the chainsaw guy was calling for EMTs on a walkie-talkie.   She got smelling salts and a bag of ice for her nose.  Nick got bandaids for his arm and the pieces of his watchband.  She had broken it when she tried to run while still holding onto his arm.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:24:17 AM EDT
[#19]
My Dad told me about an orphanage that burned down in the 30's or 40's that they used to goof around near, as kids in the 60's.  It was called "Gore Orphanage".  They would take girls out there to make out, and have their friends waiting in a corn field, to run out screaming toward the car.  I doubt if they got any pie after that.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:33:05 AM EDT
[#20]
These are really great stories.  Quite a few laughs to be had.  Thanks for contributing.  

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:36:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Back in the 80's, I was a recruiter for the Air Force. As usual, all the different services were located in the same building. We had our little rivalries, but for the most part got along OK. It was a tough time to be a recruiter and the pressure of "getting a bone" was ever present.  The Marine recruiter was a nut! He came into my office one afternoon and told me to come down to his office, he was going to have some fun with his boss the "Gunny" who was in located in another city about 20 miles away.

He statred by calling Gunny and told him that despite his best effort, he wasn't going to make "goal" that month. The Gunny went nuts and started screaming and hollering. You could hear him loud and clear from the reciever of the phone. This went on for several minutes. Eventually, the Gunny asked what the recruiter was going to do to ensure that this didn't happen again. The Marine Recruiter stated there was only one thing that could be done......with that he pulled out a firecracker, lit it, dropped it in the trash can, and put the phone near the can. When the firecraker went off, he dropped the phone on the desk as we quickly exited the office.

About 15 minutes later the cops, fire department and the Gunny came screaming into the parking lot. The look on the Gunny's face coming through the door was pure fright soon followed by red faced anger when he saw the recruiter standing down the hall laughing. I wish I had a camera to record the whole thing.

I don't recall ever seeing that recruiter in the office again, and was told he was re-assigned to an infantry battallion somewhere..............................

archer2
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:38:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Here's something frightening..

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:40:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:41:15 AM EDT
[#24]
i made someone literally shit there pants in mexico after i threatened to beat their ass once we got back to the United States.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:42:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Three of us were returning from a week long training. The guy in the back was laying down taking a snooze when I came upon a cab-over semi tractor being towed by a wrecker. I pulled up right behind the semi and layed on the horn while the two of us in front let out a frightening scream. The guy in the rear looked up and could just see the radiator and grill. He let out one hell of a scream and tried to claw his way out of the car. We laughed our asses off at him as he was white as a ghost and we could see his heart beating through his shirt. Ten years later it still raises his blood pressure to mention it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:48:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Recently?  :)   Well, my daughter's ex-boyfriend did not have a lack of sense, and liked to sneak around my house at night.  A few nights before, someone had stolen a bucket we had left outside.  So,  around 10:00pm, my wife tells me she hears someone outside.  I pick up my SIG P-2340 and go outside, and make my way around the house.  I know how to carry my weapon (pointed up), how to move around corners, etc.  So, I make it to my backyard, and still see nothing.  I hear a man's voice behind me (remember, this is night), and I turn around and sweep him with the gun (finger not on the trigger).  He goes face down on the yard.  I give him a little speech about how stupid it is to sneak around homes in Texas at night, especially if you know the homeowner is armed.  Fortunately, my daughter broke up with him soon afterwards.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:53:56 AM EDT
[#27]
While on a late night road trip with a friend, I was driving and he was sleeping. I saw a semi that was towing another semi backwards. I got right up behind it, screamed and grabbed my friend. he woke up and screamed like a little girl. He didn't forget that for a while.

ETA, I just read the thread and realized someone else did this too.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:03:38 AM EDT
[#28]
When I was in high school, me and my brother fashioned a life size scarecrow with an old pair of jeans and long sleeve sweats filled with news paper.  We made a head with some hangers(wire) also wrapped in newspaper.  We put an old pair of sneakers on its feet and a baseball cap on the head.  At night, it looked pretty real and we laid in on the street in front of our house.   We watched as number of cars that speed past our residential street, slam on their breaks and swerve off the street to avoid this drunk sleeping on the middle of the street.  Most of them missed the dummy and laughed as they slowed enough to see that it wasn't a real person.  One sports car however, was going too fast and although he did slam on his break, he drove right over the dummy.  We saw this pretty girl in the passenger seat scream her head off.  The car slowed but it immediately took off, and we could hear the girl screaming as the car disappeared.  We were ROTF laughing, all the while thinking that this guy just thinks he just did a hit and run.  Few minutes later, we heard the sirens of fire trucks and they showed up right in front of the house.  The firemen got off the truck and when they saw the tore up dummy, they laughed their heads off too.  They knocked on our door to see if we knew anything about it, and we denied everything.  The firemen took the dummy with them and to this day, that girl and the driver of that sports car maybe living with knowing they may have killed a person and ran.  I can still hear that girls loooong scream as the sports car took off after the hit.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:04:42 AM EDT
[#29]
when i was around 18, my friend tom, myself, and our girlfriends were hanging out in my living room... we were the only ones home, drinking beer and watching horror movies... it was afternoon...

i went to the kitchen to grab some snacks... while in the kitchen, i snuck down to the basement, grabbed my fathers chainsaw, and quietly hauled it upstairs...

standing in the doorway to the livingroom, toms and the girls backs are towards me... their eyes are glued to the tv screen... they have absolutely no clue that i am standing behind them...

i launch myself into the room, screaming at the top of my lungs... the saw catches on the second pull and i rip the throttle wide open, eyes wide, still screaming my ass off...

all three of them literally came straight up off the couch, and went for the front door like they had been shot out of a cannon... they were out of the front door and across the street before the screen door even slammed closed...

i could not stop laughing...

they were not amused...

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:09:18 AM EDT
[#30]
My Mom left my stepfather when I was 14.  My Mom didn't really have any marketable skills, so she worked several minimum wage jobs just to keep our heads above water.  We ended up moving into an apartment complex in a very shady part of town.  I literally had to drag a man who had been shot off of my doorstep once while living their . . . so, I kept a .22 rifle and my 12 guage pump locked and loaded at all times.  I was as skittish as cat trapped in the dog pound, which probably explains my paranoia . . ahhhhh . . . situational awareness .

During one summer I called up one of my buddies who was 16 to see if he wanted to go bust some caps out on my Dad's farm.  I needed a shower so I told him "Look, you know I'm paraniod as hell.  So, I'm going to leave the front door unlocked so you can walk in BUT I'll have my 870 in the bathroom.  When you come in, let me know that you're here. Please DO NOT FUCK AROUND!".  So I grabbed the ol' shotty, locked the bathroom door, and started taking my shower.  When I was done I got out of the shower and asked in a loud voice "Richie --- are you here?" . . . nothing, no response.  I dried off, brushed my teeth, and asked again "Richie - - - are you out there?" . . . once again, nothing.  So I grabbed my 870 and opened the bathroom door with the intention of clearing the apartment.

When I stepped out, I saw movement in my peripheral vision to my left.  In a flash, I saw a man with a machete over his head approaching.  I fell back, raised the shotty, and started to pull the trigger when I noticed that it was my dumb-ass, non-listening, just-gotta-pull-a-prank friend.  He saw the shotty and tried to dive but I had him dead to rights.  The neural impulses were racing to my trigger finger to stop the trigger pull . . .
. . . and they arrived JUST in time.  I swear that if I had put another ounce of weight on the trigger it would have broke and my buddy would have been in the morgue with a load of 00 buck in his upper chest.

I got up off of the floor cussing him up one side and down the other.  Then I noticed his crotch was wet . . . and he smelled, well - - - - septic.  He had literally pissed and shit himself with fright.  He later said that "all I could see was the muzzle of the fucking shotgun . . . it looked big enough to hold a bowling ball".  I started laughing so hard that I actually figured he had been punished enough for his stupidity.

When I later asked him why he had done something so incredibly stupid when he knew how "twitchy" I was he said "I saw the buttstock of a gun sticking out from under your bed, so I figured you had forgotten your shotgun".  Nope, that was my .22.

_Disconnector_
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:12:26 AM EDT
[#31]
when my daughter was 13 i took her to see the movie "THE RING"......i told her the movie was based on fact and played it up alot......we saw the movie and really freaked her out...when we got home she followed me everywhere...didnt want to be alone in any room in the house.......she finally goes to the kitchen and i get my cell phone and call the phone in the kitchen....when she answers i whisper "7 days"  just like in the movie(which meant she would die in 7 days).....i could see her from down in the den and i swear she turned white......she slamed the phone down and came running down to the den to see me stading there with the cell phone in my hand laughing hard......she realized it was me on the phone and turned beet red and started crying like a baby.....i dont think shes ever forgiven me for that.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:19:05 AM EDT
[#32]

Working at night in a bingo hall doing maintenance work and repairs, we had worked
10 hours..and to finish..  Had to climb a ladder into a return air vent tunnel that spans the entire front of the building..  The tunnel is 6.5 foot high and 4 foot wide..  And over 200 feet long.

My workers job was to walk the entire tunnel to the end to retrieve 2 antique wood coca cola box's. It was important he be careful with the vintage boxes,  I told him to watch out for the rats..  they are Huge. ( the biggest I had ever seen) I had placed rat poison up there earlier as there really are regular rats that come in when winter arrives.. and to watch out for spiders...webs all over...No spiders I ever saw..  just a lot of old webs...
 ( big tuff guy is deathly afraid of spiders)

So he has walked the 200 feet in pitch dark...  about midnight with a mini mag light,  retrieved the two small wood coke boxes, I can hear him walking faster in anticipation of getting back to other end of the tunnel.

There is a nook in the tunnel with another ladder entrance he didn't know about at the half way mark..  I quietly crawled up the ladder and was in the nook, still on the ladder with my head at tunnel floor level in the nook...   when he walked passed me,  I made a  loud violent sound like a mad wild animal... Don swung around doing a dance, screaming, shaking the two coke boxes down towards me with both hands hoping to scare it off...  

The look of absolute fright on his face was too much..  

I laughed so hard I was crying.. and driving home,  everytime I looked at him I kept busting up again...  I am fortunate he didn't throw the coke boxes at me...
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:21:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Once upon a time, I was riding in a van with 5 other people. One of those people happened to be napping. The driver quietly whispered "Brake Check" and counted down with his fingers. On zero, he slammed on the brakes, and we all screamed at the same time. Needless to say, this person woke up rather quickly with quite a look on his face. Did I mention that this person was French?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:32:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Another one . . .

One of the colleges that I attended was Valley Forge Christian College.  It is located on the site of the old Valley Forge Army Hospital.  When the Army left, they basically left everything that would not be economical to take with them (ancient minicomputers, beds, X-ray equipment, etc.).  The school used about 30% of the buildings and many of the older building were in serious disrepair.

At the time, I was in a metal band and we needed a place to practice.  When I approached the Facilities Manager he told me that the only space left was the old morgue.  When we got there to check it out we found the place pretty much like the Army had left it . . . cabinets with some old medical tools, autopsy tables, and "meat lockers" complete with nice sliding drawers sized for cold storage.  We also found (among other things) a old stash of CPR training dummies.  Most of the lights didn't work, giving the place a dark, ominious look.

Let me back up a little and tell you about one of the guys in our band.  Our drummer, a fellow named Frans Deroose (sp?), was raised in the Phillipines (mom and dad were missionaries from Europe) and was pretty much "native" there.  He was a pretty smart guy, but the Phillipine culture is steeped in superstition and I guess he couldn't help but to have some of it rub off on him.  Frans HATED practicing in the morgue . . . it made him really jumpy.  He was ripe for the picking . . .

Frans used to store his sticks and other misc items in a drawer of the meat locker near his kit.   Every night we practiced he would put his stuff back into the same drawer.  One night in the middle of practice he ran out to take a quick piss.  We proceeded to take one of the really realistic CPR dummies that we had prepared and put it into the drawer that he usually used.  We covered it with a blanket and I had already glued a set a fangs and a pair of those liquid filled moving eyeballs into it.  The damn thing looked downright EVIL in the murky light.  We closed the door and waited.  

After practice, he walked over to the drawer as normal.  He pulled it open, not really looking at the drawer, and tossed his sticks in.  The sticks hit the chest of the dummy and rolled out.  He bent over, got the sticks, and looked into the drawer to see why they hadn't stayed in the drawer.  

To say he screamed like a girl was an understatement.  Pavarotti would have been proud of the note that he hit.  White as a sheet and screaming the whole time, he turned an ran, actually diving THROUGH a plateglass window.  We could hear him screaming all the way back to the dorms.

Once we recovered from the gales of laughter, we went to find him to let him know that he had been HAD.  He was NOT a good sport about it

_Disconnector_
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:06:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Friend and I went out to Ditch Witch in Oklahoma to fish at the pond.  Both of our dad's worked there.  Anyway, we killed a water snake and put in on the bike path separating the two ponds.  Now, the engineers would often ride or walk from engineering over to the manufacturing building or to the front offices.  We stood by the pond fishing and watching.  Pretty soon a few people walk up and see the snake.  One of them is deathly afraid of snakes and hollars out and jumps back several feet.  The others (and us) just laugh at him.  Quite funny!  A little later, an engineer that goes to our chuch drove up on a bike, see's the snake and turns around and goes completely around the pond.  It's a dead snake for cryin out loud!  It's not moving, it's head is bashed in and people are still afraid of it.  Fun was had by all, well, some of us anyway!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:44:26 AM EDT
[#36]
When I was about 15, me and some friends (4 guys and 3 girls) were out in the neighborhood late one night.  It was about 1:30am and there were some woods behind my house which we happened to be walking in front of at the time.  

I pretended to see someone back in the woods and went to confront the individual.  A few moments later, I started thrashing about in some tall weeds as if I were in a fight!  

I yelled out "He's got a knife!  ARRGHH!!"  

As I flopped myself to the ground, the night air became strangely silent except for the thunderous pounding feet of 7 people running away.  

Sadly, none of my friends tried to come and save me.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:00:27 PM EDT
[#37]
'Aliens' video marathon. Dark house. Lots of booze. Raw chicken carcass duct taped over the light switch in the bathroom. He screamed like a little bitch.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:03:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Saw my mother coming in through our mud room when i was about 15.

Got right up next to the door and when she opened it, i yelled. She then procceded to kick me, in which case i fell down a flight of stairs.

Guess she got the last laugh.

Didn't talk to me for a week.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:31:19 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wonder if he learned the lesson about vigilance

You know those Pinkerton fellas.

Yep. The GM assholes are always fucking with PASD. Uh huh.  

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:46:30 PM EDT
[#41]
The guy that I tried to pull thru the wingwindow of his truck. He passed the school buss while the lights were flashing and my kids were crossing the road. I jumped in my rig and found him at a local market. I dont think the window shuts the same after that!
CH
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:47:01 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
when my daughter was 13 i took her to see the movie "THE RING"......i told her the movie was based on fact and played it up alot......we saw the movie and really freaked her out...when we got home she followed me everywhere...didnt want to be alone in any room in the house.......she finally goes to the kitchen and i get my cell phone and call the phone in the kitchen....when she answers i whisper "7 days"  just like in the movie(which meant she would die in 7 days).....i could see her from down in the den and i swear she turned white......she slamed the phone down and came running down to the den to see me stading there with the cell phone in my hand laughing hard......she realized it was me on the phone and turned beet red and started crying like a baby.....i dont think shes ever forgiven me for that.

NOT COOL...that movie scared the living daylights out of me.

Here's a story...

My boyfriend had just bought his copy of Doom 3 and had spent the past three days in his room.  He had the shades drawn, the lights off, and the headphones on at full blast to get the full effect fo the game.  His roommate took advantage of the fact that his back was turned to the door and that he was completely engrossed in the game.  He slowly crept up to the side of his desk, then when the game reached a suspenseful part, his roommate grabbed my boyfriend's arm and started shaking him and yelling.  He said taht he nearly hit the ceiling with shock, and his roommate couldn't stop laughing...but did so in time to leave the room and lock his door so he wouldn't get his ass beaten.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:01:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Theres an old trussel that a kid jumped off of awhile back near my hometown (MTGunman, you might know).  Anyway, I was already up there at night as there was this party a couple hundred yards away.  I call my friends and tell them to come up.  They drove up and parked at the trussel.  They stared at it and recalled the kid jumping and killing himself.  I had to take a piss so I went in the bushes right behind them.  I didn't know they were there, they didn't know I was there.  After I finished I saw them and bursted out of the trees in pitch black "HEY GUYS!"  

...Each one must have jumped 6 feet in the air.  The chicks screamed their heads off.  I didn't even mean to do it!  I thought it was funnier than hell.  The guys came around and admitted that it was funny.  The chicks never did.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:12:18 PM EDT
[#44]

I had a summer job at a furniture store as a warehouse man with five other employees. One of them was a big Mexican that claimed to have done "special ops" missions for the US government in his younger days, and at times when we poked fun at him, he'd even admit to the full-auto guns they let him keep after his career

Anyway, one of my budies found out that if you startled this guy, he would react into a kung-fu posture, and my buddy though it was hilarious, especially since the Mexican ALWAYS denied this reaction.

So throughout that day, in the presence of custumers or management, you'd see a huge black guy leap out from behind a door/box/wall at a fat Mexican and then collapse upon the floor in a fit of uncontrollable laughter, followed closely by all of us other warehouse hands.

Schulze
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:21:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:30:58 PM EDT
[#46]
I used to work in a musuem gift shop that had a little glow in the dark cavern where people loved to stick their hands inside.  Well, for fun and to discourage people from playing with the rocks I used to stick this realistic fake rattlesnake in there.  About time that someone would stick their hand or head in there i would advise them to look out for the snake.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Daughters' boyfriends- the first one I asked politely if he had ever had a broken arm. When he replied to the negative I asked if he'd like one now. He immediately took his arms from around my daughter and turned very white. I told my daughter to take him into my office, and that I'd be there in a few minutes. My office was 3 walls, floor to ceiling with IPSC and 3gun trophies....I walked in, said "get the idea?". He never came back. The second one had broken up with my daughter a couple weeks before the prom- much weeping and wailing...It turns out it was a good thing, I heard later that he had the rep of being a major druggie. Anyway, about a year later, my wife says that he's coming over to take my daughter out. I met him in the driveway, put him (gently)up against his truck- "Jeff, if you ever make my daughter cry again I'll make you cry." Eyes got very big.."And if you ever offer her drugs, sell her drugs, or do drugs in her presence, I will fuck you up beyond all repair." He never came back either.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:52:50 PM EDT
[#48]

This shiznit is hilarious.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:54:39 PM EDT
[#49]
One Halloween I came back to the Asset Protection office and let an "Indian war cry" loose on my boss when his back was to the door.  His hands flew above his head twice!  (I didn't think people actually did that)

I used my ghillie suit to jump out at parents at the end of the drive on Halloween a few years ago.  That got a few screams.  

-White Horse
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:03:44 PM EDT
[#50]
I think when I was 20 years old.  I got a long distance call from my sister in Australia, who told me that she was preganant for the first time (by her husband) and to tell everyone the news.

I went upstairs where the rest of my family was having breakfast and said in a really tenative, scared and nervous voice: "Uh, Dad? How do you feel about becoming a grandfather?"  '

Everyone's mouth dropped open and stared at me.  My dad looked away at the wall and said very caustically "So, do you have something to announce?"

And I said "Yeah!  Heather's going to have a baby!"  and laughed my ass off.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top