AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 3:18:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 5:03:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hi. Saw your post and thought you might be interested in how things have turned out in this part of the world with regard to silencers. I live in the land of "no you can't have that" (UK)

For years you have not been able to get permission from the police to have a silencer/moderator on a centre fire rifle, (well certainly not in North wales) and there are people at my club that have asked and asked repeatedly for the said item, but have been turned down on every occasion.

Then (according to legend) a Scandanavian delegation was having some kind of meeting with the police of this country, and the topic of silencers came up.  Apparently the visiting teams country had paid out a small fortune in compensation  to shooters that had successfully made claims against them for hearing loss after being refused permission for a sound moderator !

Guess what ?  People are now asking for silencers for centrefire to protect against hearing damage and they are being granted.

See there is a god, and he's a shooter  

very nice!   glad to hear that, its always good to hear of some rational thinking in some part of the shooting world

Link Posted: 5/1/2004 9:29:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 5/1/2004 11:38:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey Quietguy,
Which dealers are you going to sell through???
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 11:41:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Since Gemtech's most expensive rifle silencer is $750 for $1000 it better do something extra special.
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 2:17:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 7:20:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Tag for future research.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I'M so glad I haven't done anything with my Group Buy Bushy 1/7 Upper.  Guess I know what to start saving for now

John
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:30:17 AM EDT
[#9]
A few questions:

1.  Would full kits (suppressor, brake, etc.) be available in 5.56, 7.62, and more?
2.  Would SPR cans (12th model?) be available without the brake for those of us with brakes already installed?
3.  Which model is proper for .308?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:18:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I would be interested in one of the 223 cans for my upcoming SPR upper. Will you sell through dealers or direct ?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:24:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Gentlemen,
 I'm afraid the decision has been made to hold off on the civilian market. I'm very sorry to have gotten so many peoples hopes up. But for now there won't be any silencers or brakes available to anyone.
Ron.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:26:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Gentlemen,
 I'm afraid the decision has been made to hold off on the civilian market. I'm very sorry to have gotten so many peoples hopes up. But for now there won't be any silencers or brakes available to anyone.
Ron.

Why not sell just the brakes?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:37:50 PM EDT
[#14]
I just read all 3 pages of this to find out we get jack crap!  Oh well plenty other's available.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:22:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Gentlemen,
Ron.

Is this the Unites States of BOHICA?

I should be a fortune teller for the way I can smell bad news like this coming before it arrives. Same as Lee's recent post on the HKM4. Coulda/shoulda/woulda/mightta - notta. Sorry, but it gets tiring watching makers of fine products flocking to a gov't that spends my contribution of tax $$$ on things I should legally be able to own, but can't due to corruption, falsity, & downright lies about the 2nd.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:42:12 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm shopping cans right now and am leaning heavily towards an AAC.  It will be a couple more months though, so I'd love to see a comparison of your product with others (namely the AAC M4-2000).

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:13:30 AM EDT
[#17]
First thing. I went online and looked at silencer mfgrs last night. I think it would be good to have a silencer shoot out to rate them for accuracy, sound level and what ever you guys think is important.There are 12 to 15 different companies out there at least. Hound them all to do a comparison. Then you people will know which one suits your needs or your budget.
Second thing. It would be interesting to find out how many silencers are sold per year to civilians and law enforcement. I don't know if this data is available anymore.If it is and it is substantial, say 2000 units per year or more. I would think that the military suppliers might be interested. If the number is low, like under 1000. I don't think any of the military suppliers are going to worry about it.
RonA  
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:09:14 AM EDT
[#18]
I know the military probably buys a lot, but I think civilian sales (in some states, at least) would rival LE sales.

Anyway, big gov't firearms contractor not willing to throw the table scraps to non-LE civvies -- so what's new?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:16:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Suppressor companies wouldn't worry about potential $500K-$1M in sales? Must be bigger operations than I thought.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:28:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:32:51 AM EDT
[#21]
they would sell a ton of them
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top