User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:20:04 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Would it be ok to use tracers there?

I don't think there will be much of a fire hazard.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:26:28 AM EDT
[#2]
How long is the range by the way?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:56:36 AM EDT
[#3]
The firing will probably be set up at 100 yds. Tracers should be OK.  At least I hope so, I,ve got 10 belts loaded up with 4 ball to 1 tracer. Working on 8 more belts without the tracers.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:57:25 AM EDT
[#4]
The firing will probably be set up at 100 yds. Tracers should be OK.  At least I hope so, I,ve got 10 belts loaded up with 4 ball to 1 tracer. Working on 8 more belts without the tracers.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#5]
You go full-auto even on your posts huh?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:33:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Nope  not full-auto. Just double tapped the reply button.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:55:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Paul just doesn't know when to let off the trigger.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:15:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Paul just doesn't know when to let off the trigger.

Even his mouse is belt-fed.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:54:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
How many guns are you all planing on bringing?  I'm up to like 6 or 7 already here.

I'm trying to finish up "some projects."  I did finish the AR Pistol. Got to put a gas tube in the SEBR upper. Finish "tweaking" my .300 Whisper "SPRish." Plus set up the Dillon & load some tracers & Whisper ammo. First I have to make a place for the Dillon on my bench & hang another light in the shop over the bench(never can have enough light!) I've got a safety detent stuck in a new lower I have to get out so I can finish building it. And if I don't clean up the AR parts in the living room my wife's going to kill me! They are everywhere! I need to inventory and see how many carriers & charging handles I'm short(I have more bolts than carriers) If any of you guys have any extras to trade(parts,barrels,guns, etc) bring them on. I'm looking for 9mm barrel & a block for Uzi mags, also any 6.8 Rem SPC stuff, Colt(Rex), I checked with Mama about that item we were corresponding about & she said It's a go. $100? Correct? LMK & Bring it. Gotta go, Dinner.
Later
Hessian-1  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:27:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like Zoub is out but for good reason though

Although its probablly for the better as I know he is skilled with the shotgun and it would have pained me to demolish his skill in the clay shoot.

Spc-Ops also said he wasnt going to make it either. Hopefully our other out of staters are still coming.

KayWhy-bob I bought a special size sleeping bag that will fit both of us in my tent so you cant back out. Its good to -30

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:32:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Leisure_Shoot, if you make it to aim, can you pick me up 2 of the 150 round bandoliers of the british radway 5.56. ( this is the ones.)
5.56 bandoliers,
I will gladly repay you..the money.... i think it would come out to $63-$65 for 2 bandoliers... I will be there both days... IF YOU CAN.... if not no big deal,, wiht my work schedule this week , i cant make it there... I have a new "no ban " bushmaster to break in!...

THanks!

COLT!

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#12]
My plan is to go to AIM Friday, if anyone needs a last minute thing.
I can pick up extra ammo for you.
I am buying a can-full.  
Maybe they will give me the $24.95 price on extra bandoliers.
And some mags for someone else.
Don't ask me to buy guns for you guys.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:58:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks Leisure_Shoot.!

I have the money marked for you!

COLT!

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:18:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Damnit... I'm still not sure how I'll go get the Mauser I want.  I don't want to spend $40 on a hotel for one night, maybe I'll just drive to the campground and sleep in my car, inside a couple sleeping bags to save $40.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:46:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I am buying a can-full.  

I'll take a bandolier as well.  I'm bringing the chrono out and want to play around with it a bit.  

Also, if anybody is stopping at the PRO show in Wilmington and doesn't mind, I'd also like to chrono some Wolf.  I'd be happy to split a 500rd case with ya.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:49:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am buying a can-full.  

I'll take a bandolier as well.  I'm bringing the chrono out and want to play around with it a bit.  

Also, if anybody is stopping at the PRO show in Wilmington and doesn't mind, I'd also like to chrono some Wolf.  I'd be happy to split a 500rd case with ya.

Thanks!

I'm going to Wilmington Saturday morning. I'll split a 500 case of Wolf if I can find some.

Hey Leisure, when are you going to AIM on Friday?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:26:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Whenever.
You want to go?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:16:58 PM EDT
[#19]
It could be pretty bad, mud-wise.

$5 for a day of shooting.
$20 for overnite.
We have one field that is about 75 yds wide, by 200+ yds long.  
The berm is approx 35 yds? wide.
The clubhouse is located at the entrance to the field, then there is the long length to the berm at the far end.
The trap field is up front, near the clubhouse, and shoots toward the field/berm.
It is a private range with no RO, but we are all pretty used to shooting together, and keep a good firing line, and are all safety conscious.

BTW, the term "clubhouse" is much too highclass for the building we will be partying/passing out in.
Don't expect "luxury", or "up-to-code" and you won't be dissapointed.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:17:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I haven't read through the whole thread since I don't plan on camping, but I do plan to come out and shoot for a bit after the Pro show.  This will be my first time there. Are you guys going to be running the range all day long?  What time would be the best to swing by for most of the action?  Does it cost anything to get in the park?

I'm bringing my M4gery and my Sub 2000 9mm, both fed with some wolf. And some gloves and a warm hat.  And maybe mud boots...  Should I expect puddles, mud, how sloppy does it get?

Thanks and I look forward to seeing you guys!

ID say we will be shooting from the 100 yard line up until 4-5pm depending on when you guys do the 3 gun match. Come anytime you want and just start shooting. There is a $5 fee per day to use the range. You can pay at the office(camper off to the right of the dirt road) if there is anyone there or pay Tim Miller directly as he usually comes out to say hi when we shoot.

The way the weather forcast looks the gound should be hard by saturday morning. Wear heavy clothes but the clubhouse is not far away if you want to warm up after some shooting. Around 11-12 would be a time to come but its up to you.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:21:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The term "clubhouse" is much too highclass for the building we will be partying/passing out in.

Well it isnt fancy but its a nice place for $25/year
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:46:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The term "clubhouse" is much too highclass for the building we will be partying/passing out in.

Yeah, and there's goats there! How many high falutin ranges have goats!? It's like a petting zoo, an episode of "Cops", and a shootin range all rolled into one!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:52:45 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, and there's goats there! How many high falutin ranges have goats!? It's like a petting zoo, an episode of "Cops", and a shootin range all rolled into one!

"So , guys Im about out of ammo and its gettin cold...whataya say we go pet some goats?"
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:15:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Well, the trailer section does resemble an episode of COP's.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:19:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:00:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Yup, always at least 2 shirtless guys, one ugly chick and a couple of  ferile dogs. Even in the dead of winter, always a shirtless guy sitting on the porch of a trailer.

It's like 1976 just froze in time, I swear I hear "Frampton Comes Alive" faintly playing everytime I roll through the campground.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:00:55 AM EDT
[#27]
I can't see how there isn't going to be a lot of mud.   Sure its not supposed to rain Friday and have a high of 26 on Saturday but if the sun's out its going to thaw most of whats frozen over night.  Last two times I've been there I've parked near the house and walked out to shoot.

I'm bringing a pair of rubber boots, which will also be handy in the clubhouse as I'm sure its going to get deep in there too.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:23:54 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I can't see how there isn't going to be a lot of mud.   Sure its not supposed to rain Friday and have a high of 26 on Saturday but if the sun's out its going to thaw most of whats frozen over night.  Last two times I've been there I've parked near the house and walked out to shoot.

I'm bringing a pair of rubber boots, which will also be handy in the clubhouse as I'm sure its going to get deep in there too.

With all the hot air the mud should dry quickly.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:51:28 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Although its probablly for the better as I know he is skilled with the shotgun and it would have pained me to demolish his skill in the clay shoot.

Spc-Ops also said he wasnt going to make it either. Hopefully our other out of staters are still coming.

KayWhy-bob I bought a special size sleeping bag that will fit both of us in my tent so you cant back out. Its good to -30

I'm driving over Saturday, but I'm not spending the night .
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:44:38 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BTW: I have no idea what Johnny is talking about but he sure does seem to like goats. I guess now we know why he has that big ass tent. So there will be room for the goats.

I too am driving up for the day. I may have to go to AIM at some point, I have never been there.

Bob
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:05:55 AM EDT
[#31]
I love the smell of goats in the morning!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:59:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Careful with those goats, think it was Memorial day that the little bastards ate the door guard off of my car.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:22:50 PM EDT
[#33]
AIM is only open Mon - Fri, in case you missed that.
Hate to see you make a special trip for nothing.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:29:54 PM EDT
[#34]
It probably will be muddy as hell. Forecast is looking warmer than originally thought. Probably right on the brink of freezing up, but not quite.

I'm bringing rubber booties. I may not even go back in the field, I'll just stay close to the clubhouse and shoot over everyone's head.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:07:34 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I may not even go back in the field, I'll just stay close to the clubhouse and shoot over everyone's head.

Wow...that's exactly what I was thinking!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:19:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:33:10 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
long johns and new 17 dollar mud boots on sale at Meijer somehow found their way into my trunk!

I went to Wally World should have went to Meijers!(looking for mud boots) Every time I get a pair they get "borrowed" and I never see them again!

Hessian-1out!
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:56:35 PM EDT
[#38]
So...  do we need to bring something to sit on or set up on for shooting or is there already a bench big enough for everyone?
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:20:51 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
AIM is only open Mon - Fri, in case you missed that.
Hate to see you make a special trip for nothing.

Yes, I missed that. Thanks.

Bob
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:27:12 PM EDT
[#40]
MUD-- New Year Day ---- 2005

shooter -  How do you close the bolt on this thing???  

me - You just pull the trigger, it'll close......  

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:34:23 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
MUD-- New Year Day ---- 2005

img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/capttoyota/Millersmud1-1-05.jpg

shooter -  How do you close the bolt on this thing???  

me - You just pull the trigger, it'll close......  

img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/capttoyota/holesinmud.jpg

That moment is forever etched in my memory incapable of making the same mistake again

Rule 1: whether the gun is loaded or not act as if it is and never point it at anything you dont intend to destroy.

That rule saved my feet that day.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:41:23 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
So...  do we need to bring something to sit on or set up on for shooting or is there already a bench big enough for everyone?

There are a couple benches but I would advise you to bring your own foldup table if possible. Bring whatever you want or feel you would need.

Just prepare yourself to go shooting in field with a berm that is pretty wet and you'll be prepared.
Link Posted: 1/14/2005 7:08:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Well, I'll try to fit one in my car, though, I don't think I can.  I'll definitely bring my own chair.
Link Posted: 1/14/2005 12:24:15 PM EDT
[#44]
JME is stopping at my place in the morning to pick up the grill, etc.

I can provide as many tables and folding chairs as you all think we we need.

Anybody have an idea how many?
Link Posted: 1/14/2005 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Maybe we could get 2-4 6 footers in my truck John. I think 4 would work out great but we'll have to see what we can haul.
Link Posted: 1/14/2005 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/15/2005 4:36:41 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe we could get 2-4 6 footers in my truck John. I think 4 would work out great but we'll have to see what we can haul.

What truck?

You mean that Match Box thing you drive?
Link Posted: 1/15/2005 8:50:35 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BTW: I have no idea what Johnny is talking about but he sure does seem to like goats. I guess now we know why he has that big ass tent. So there will be room for the goats.

I too am driving up for the day. I may have to go to AIM at some point, I have never been there.

Bob

I'm out due to my f*cked-up back (thanks a LOT, Zoub!).  Sorry .  Maybe next time I'll have my own gun (it'll happen if my tax check isn't confiscated by the student loan folks ).  Hope y'all have a great time!

Edited to add that this is, once again, Grateful_Cowgirl.  Someone should learn how to log off ARFCOM when posting on my computer...
Link Posted: 2/8/2005 4:38:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Bump...............just because!

Hessian-1 out!
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top