Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 12/1/2004 3:52:33 PM EDT
Hey guys, I just got off the phone with Tim Miller and told him about our camp and shoot idea. He said hes up for it and we can rent the clubhouse out for the night. He said hed charge the gun club members $20 for the night and non members $25 and that would include a saturday and sunday shooting pass. I told him we were looking at having it around the middle of January. So its a go.

We also talked about doing some night trap shooting and said it costs about $4 for 25 birds. Ive never shot trap at night but I bet it would be pretty neat. I guess they light the field up and use white clays and theyre pretty easy to see.

I forgot to ask if we could maybe shoot up one of his old junked campers that are behind the berm. I invited him here to check the hometown forum so Im sure he'll read this.

Tim, can we please shoot up one of your old junked campers?

Tim assured me hed have the clubhouse spic and span and stocked with firewood for the fireplace. Im not certain how many people we could sleep yet but Im guessing 10-15. You would need a foldup cot or blowup matress of some sort if you didnt want to put your bag directly on the floor.

As mentioned in the other thread for those interested that have never been to Millers the clubhouse has two pool tables, bar, full kitchen, snack machines, and a bathroom and shower. The campground also has lots you could bring a camper or tent if you chose to.

I hope we can get some new faces out to this little gathering as I think it will be a fun time for sure and good place to share common interests.

Lets put the date at saturday, january 15th and hope it doesnt conflict with most people.
Link Posted: 12/1/2004 4:14:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I am in.

But I'm warning you again... middle of January=FRIGID cold usually.
Not always conducive to spending two days straight outdoors.
Link Posted: 12/1/2004 4:21:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am in.

But I'm warning you again... middle of January=FRIGID cold usually.
Not always conducive to spending two days straight outdoors.

I know but thats what is great about millers. The clubhouse is only 300 yards away. If you get cold go to the clubhouse, shoot pool, play cards, work on/ talk about guns or whatever. I know Darren and I have propane heaters we can bring that will help. We might be thinking of some crude shelters we could make to break the wind because that will probablly be the worst factor. I have some good sized tarps we could use.
Link Posted: 12/1/2004 4:45:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds kinda cool, no pun intended!

My EZ-Up has sides, that would block the wind pretty well.  
Like anything outside, you just have to dress for it.  
We can bring out the Mosins and reenact the Finnish winter war.  
Anybody got a Russian 1910 Maxim?  We could use the snow cap!

I don't think I'd be able to do both days, but I should be able to make
one.  

Link Posted: 12/1/2004 5:18:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I'v heard people mention Miller's quite a few times but I still have one question about it. Where the heck  is it exactly?
Link Posted: 12/1/2004 5:31:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like a plan, never shot trap from an offical thrower and at night would be a riot.  

Where is Millers?  Its outside of Waynesville  www.millercampground.com should take you to thier page though it doesn't really say anything about there being a range.   Is a map under the contact us section.
Link Posted: 12/1/2004 7:20:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Count me in.
Link Posted: 12/1/2004 7:30:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll be there, with a cot, some booze, plenty of layers of clothes, and my sparkling personality.

If we need one, I have a barrel kerosene heater I can bring. It should heat up the clubhouse just fine.
Link Posted: 12/1/2004 10:44:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'll be there, with a cot, some booze, plenty of layers of clothes, and my sparkling personality.

If we need one, I have a barrel kerosene heater I can bring. It should heat up the clubhouse just fine.

I dont think we'll need a heater inside the clubhouse as it is heated. Last years winter shoots we would head to the clubhouse most of the time afterwords and it was always nice and toasty. Besides, you'll be there with with your "sparkling personality" and that will be enough for a warming atmosphere
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 5:08:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You would need a foldup cot or blowup matress of some sort if you didnt want to put your bag directly on the floor.

As a man I can say I prefer not to put my "bag" directly on the floor.

Put me on the list.

Sleeping indoors, bathroom, shower, cut firewood, trap pad and rifle range?  So our energy can be watsed on guns and telling lies and not just surviving in a cold ass tent.  That makes for a good Saturday night.  

I have 2 small propane radiant heaters. Good foot warmers when shooting in winter.  If we can drive to the range/pad we could stretch some tarps over and between trucks, use the tail gates and truck beds for guns and ammo.  Vehicles and tarps as wind breaks.  

But $5 says the pad faces North and the wind will blow from the NE if it blows at all!

What about women?  Do we bring some of our own or can we just pay extra for Tim to supply them?
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 5:54:52 AM EDT
[#10]
im in im bringing a tent. i hard core. myfriend and i do a winter camp out every year and this should work. any elec hook ups at millers? do we need to post a fire watch at night for theft? i would hope not. my guess is most will be up with the hootch and fire ring gazing..lol 15th is good for me. can we show up friday? i will gladly get a site for the weekend. can we shoot skeet with a 8mm mauser?
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 6:49:30 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont think we'll need a heater inside the clubhouse as it is heated. Last years winter shoots we would head to the clubhouse most of the time afterwords and it was always nice and toasty. Besides, you'll be there with with your "sparkling personality" and that will be enough for a warming atmosphere

Perhaps you two would like me to make reservations for you in downtown Waynesville?
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 7:56:38 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm in. Will need more ammo though.
If howster gets to shoot trap with his 8mm then I get to use the 1919
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 9:23:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

My EZ-Up has sides, that would block the wind pretty well.  

I thought if we could get enough of those together and use them in conjunction with some tarps we'd have a pretty good shelter.

Quoted:

What about women? Do we bring some of our own or can we just pay extra for Tim to supply them?

Glad you can make it Zoub. Bring your own women if you want or we could talk tequilabob into coming with his jar of penut butter I dont know if I could handle both swingset and tequilabob at once...one of them is enough to make your stomach sore from laughing so much.
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
im in im bringing a tent. i hard core. myfriend and i do a winter camp out every year and this should work. any elec hook ups at millers? do we need to post a fire watch at night for theft? i would hope not. my guess is most will be up with the hootch and fire ring gazing..lol 15th is good for me. can we show up friday? i will gladly get a site for the weekend. can we shoot skeet with a 8mm mauser?

Im not sure if there is electric at the individual sites. I will find out though or you can follow that link tz99 posted for info and #'s to call. Id say we wont have to worry about any theft. There wont be too many campers there this time of year. Coming friday should be fine. I might head out there too and make sure everything is in order.

If you can hit a clay with a mouser thrown by Tims thrower I'll kiss your ass! ...but I dont think it would be a good idea
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 9:39:47 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

You always need more ammo.
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 9:53:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Hi All,

I'm new here, but I've been reading your guy's posts for a few days.
I'm in Centerville, and have shot at Miller's a few times.

I have a company that supplies tents (large and small), and I'm sure I'll have a few EZ up tents you all can borrow for a few days. I doubt I will need them for anything else in the middle of January.

John
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 10:10:42 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

brass hit a bird with his Sig in September, but the hillside was high enough to allow doing it safely.  
If brass can do it I can.  (he is brasspile here on AR15)
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 10:51:52 AM EDT
[#18]
What's up guys?  I'm a complete newbie here.  21 years old in Cincinnati (Montgomery.)  What all will be going on at the shoot?  I have a DPMS AR-15, a buckmark Bullseye, and a Glock 34.  Should I sign up for this???  
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 11:04:52 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
What's up guys?  I'm a complete newbie here.  21 years old in Cincinnati (Montgomery.)  What all will be going on at the shoot?  I have a DPMS AR-15, a buckmark Bullseye, and a Glock 34.  Should I sign up for this???  

Yes you should. You should also plan on the New Yearsday shoot.
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 12:38:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Hmmm.... This could qualify as my annual winter backpacking trip.  Will write it on the calendar.
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 1:11:43 PM EDT
[#21]
If we're doing a night clay shoot, I'll have to load up some tracers for the Garand and AR....that would make the evening a bit brighter.
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 1:28:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Hi All,

I have a company that supplies tents (large and small), and I'm sure I'll have a few EZ up tents you all can borrow for a few days. I doubt I will need them for anything else in the middle of January.

John

Heck yes.
Thank you for the offer.
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 1:58:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hi All,

John

Heck yes.
Thank you for the offer.

Yes, that would be very kind of you. Ive got some rope and stakes we can use to keep these things from becoming kites and we can  also use our vehicles like Zoub mentioned to break up the wind.

Anyone is welcome to come so long as you realize there is no range officer and you are on your own as far as firearms safety is concerned. We all try to keep each other in check when we get a decent sized group shooting as the berm is not very long and we are forced to stay close together.

Aside from that if you like to shoot and meet fellow gun owners you should make it. No one ever regrets coming to Millers
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 2:58:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Is this a Class 3 friendly event?  

Bob

Link Posted: 12/2/2004 3:01:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Bob

YES       YES IT IS
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 3:07:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Hello Again,

"Ive got some rope and stakes we can use to keep these things from becoming kites "

LOL.... (You understand the nature of those things. Kites indeed....:o)

I'm quite familiar with Miller's. It's where I went for the CCW course.
I have a 2004/2005 pass to come and shoot there, but I've only made it back 2 or 3 times. (Busy summer)
I also go to the "regulated" DNR range once in a while that's not too far from Millers..

----------------------
Anyway,
Depending on the weather, I ---may ---be able to set you guys up with one larger tent that would serve your needs pretty well. Like I said, depends on the weather, and if you want to bring the meat, I can set you up with a grill that'll easily cook it all.

Like I said earlier, I'm new here. I don't know any names, but it's nice to meet some shooters in my neck of the woods.

John

www.kosins.com

Link Posted: 12/2/2004 3:44:30 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
No one ever regrets coming to Millers

I do. All the shooting and gas money this year has made me very poor.
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 4:02:29 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 4:02:29 PM EDT
[#29]
I guess I will come and slum with you guys as well.  I should have about 3000 rds 5.56 by then
Plus I want to see swingset shoot trap with a garand
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 4:07:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey it's only money That reminds me I need more ammo. I bought a new toy today
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 4:47:16 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm definitely game.  I've got both a propane and kerosene heater that can be used under a shooting tarp.
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 4:53:03 PM EDT
[#32]
OK, I am in. Can we have a campfire?

Bob

Link Posted: 12/2/2004 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#33]
I forgot to ask,
Can I bring my new Marlin 39a .22 rifle?
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 5:02:21 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey it's only money That reminds me I need more ammo. I bought a new toy today

Do you need more ammo? You're almost below 20,000 rds. You're almost out!
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Bob

Yes Im sure we can arrange that. I think the only stipulation is they have to be "white man fires" and not "puny only to survive zoub fires".

Bring your hess again if you can remember. I want to see my inspiration again
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 5:27:06 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Is this a Class 3 friendly event?  hr

This is a Class 3 preferred event.  haveI think the others like to keep an eye on all of us at once.
Never know about the C3 guys, one of those crazies could show up with a mortar.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 5:29:46 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bob

Yes Im sure we can arrange that. I think the only stipulation is they have to be "white man fires" and not "puny only to survive zoub fires".

It is no-ban inspiration now!

I am pretty sure that I have convinced Zoub that a huge "white mans fire" is better than puny fire...we will see. Of course having 15 tons of dead elm tree waiting to be cut into firewood can change a guys perspective.  

Bob
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 5:31:50 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

We can only hope.

Bob

Link Posted: 12/2/2004 5:33:40 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Hello Again,

"Ive got some rope and stakes we can use to keep these things from becoming kites "

LOL.... (You understand the nature of those things. Kites indeed....:o)

I'm quite familiar with Miller's. It's where I went for the CCW course.
I have a 2004/2005 pass to come and shoot there, but I've only made it back 2 or 3 times. (Busy summer)
I also go to the "regulated" DNR range once in a while that's not too far from Millers..

----------------------
Anyway,
Depending on the weather, I ---may ---be able to set you guys up with one larger tent that would serve your needs pretty well. Like I said, depends on the weather, and if you want to bring the meat, I can set you up with a grill that'll easily cook it all.

Like I said earlier, I'm new here. I don't know any names, but it's nice to meet some shooters in my neck of the woods.

John

www.kosins.com

Sounds like some grill! Im all for that. We should have a feast by the time its all said and done. Between Annes brownies, Zoubs dinner and breakfest(if he chooses to head that position again) and all of the food we could accumulate between us were sure to leave a few extra pounds heavier.

Its very kind of you to offer and we'll have no problem producing meat.
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 5:43:10 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bob

This is a Class 3 preferred event.  

We kind of have our own C3 ghetto on one end of the line.  
I think the others like to keep an eye on all of us at once.

Yea we need to keep you guys close together what with all the crazy stuff that you guys bring from time time....mortors, cannons...when are one of you guys gonna bring in an abrams tank? We can relocate the berm farther back...increase out rifle range. AW4evers slowy moving it back I imagine but he could use some help
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 6:01:04 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm a definite maybe depending on the work situation.  My rifles get lonely about that time of the year.
Link Posted: 12/3/2004 4:38:49 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bob

I am pretty sure that I have convinced Zoub that a huge "white mans fire" is better than puny fire...we will see. Of course having 15 tons of dead elm tree waiting to be cut into firewood can change a guys perspective.  

Bob

It always comes back to this.  I have grown acustom to the fact we are surely being monitored by satelite by Homeland Security;

"Sir we have a large heat siganture on the screen in the Midwest."
"No probelm, there is an ARFCOM gathering this weekend."
Link Posted: 12/3/2004 6:15:28 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bob

Bob

It always comes back to this.  I have grown acustom to the fact we are surely being monitored by satelite by Homeland Security;

Bob
Link Posted: 12/3/2004 9:17:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/3/2004 9:33:59 AM EDT
[#45]
u are safe with kissing my ass. i cant hit skeet with a shootgun in the daytime. let alone at night with the mauser. but.......................................i get 25 tries so it might be messy. i will eat chilly before we start...lol johnny?
Link Posted: 12/3/2004 11:22:27 AM EDT
[#46]
hey my 12 yr old daughter wants to come too,she was told a full auto machinegun will be there is that cool? yes, she wants to shoot it and how much will it cost me? she is willing to brave the cold in the tent to shoot it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2004 1:16:34 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bob

Bob

Bob

What?  I see the damn things overhead, whizzing by every time we all meet to camp. Then again I see a lot of things even when my eyes are closed.
Link Posted: 12/3/2004 2:03:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Zoub theres a perfectly good explanation to why your seeing things with your eyes closed. The UN did an experimental program called "visitors" in which they implanted a mind controlling chip to a select people around the globe. They got away with it by convincing people they had been abducted by aliens.

So dont worry about it...its normal. Elvis Presley told me he had the same thing done to him a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 12/3/2004 2:40:18 PM EDT
[#49]
I'll be sure to bring plenty of tin-foil.

Link Posted: 12/3/2004 4:19:30 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I'll be sure to bring plenty of tin-foil.

+1, this is gettin kinda bizzaro. Hope you guys won't mind if I sleep in my locked car.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top