Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/8/2022 5:13:15 PM EDT
Rifle is good. Shot 250 rounds today and notice this will scrubbing yugo primer salt. Is it a crack or nah? Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 7:16:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#1]
I say no, but better pics would help and covering up the surrounding area with your red circle doesnt help.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 9:15:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By _DR:
I say no, but better pics would help and covering up the surrounding area with your red circle doesnt help.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Yea that's a bad photo.  Is this better?
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:34:33 PM EDT
[#3]
It's really hard to tell with either photo. From what I can see it could be a machining cut that they wanted to put there or a crack.

Do you have a thin probe like a dental pick or fine piece of wire? If you can get a probe into it it's a crack and I wouldn't shoot it any more. The bolt and trunnion would probably stay closed for a while if one side were missing any engagement but that isn't a theory I'd be testing with my own face.

On the bright side if it's a crack you get to take PSA's warranty process for  a test drive.

AJ
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 11:47:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Update:

Psa kicks ass at customer service. Josiah personally inspected my rifle and called me to walk through what was done. It's a not a crack, it's a cut where they relieve the trunion for riveting. The gave everything a once over. I shot the rifle yesterday and everything is good to go.
Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top