Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/22/2022 12:03:29 AM EDT
I heard on the different forums and the ak Reddit that polish mags like https://atlanticfirearms.com/fb-radom-ak-5-56-beryl-30rd-magazine work but would like to confirm b4 purchasing
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 12:56:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I cannot answer your question about the Polish mags, but are used AK 74 mags in mine and they worked fine as long as I loaded 25 rounds or less. I never had an issue. Sometimes I would get a jam if I loaded 30 rounds. As I said in another reply to a similar question, there should be a tutorial available online on how to trim the followers to make them feed reliably. I’m pretty sure that a distributor of Romanian Sar threes was actually shipping AK 74 magazines with this modification along with new production rifles.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:01:49 AM EDT
[#2]
yes, in mine they do.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 9:09:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tac556] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheRealBluedog:
I cannot answer your question about the Polish mags, but are used AK 74 mags in mine and they worked fine as long as I loaded 25 rounds or less. I never had an issue. Sometimes I would get a jam if I loaded 30 rounds. As I said in another reply to a similar question, there should be a tutorial available online on how to trim the followers to make them feed reliably. I’m pretty sure that a distributor of Romanian Sar threes was actually shipping AK 74 magazines with this modification along with new production rifles.
View Quote

This was true- Century imported the SAR-3, and modified EG bakelite mags, stamped them .223 on the baseplate.  Not 100% with .223 though, but they still worked fine for 5.45.

Just lost mine in the bottom of a trench playin mil sim west.  Expensive mag to lose…

I would try one of the AC Unity mags- very cheap so you can modify if needed without feeling bad.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top