Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2023 7:08:16 PM EDT
Looking for a 12.5 ML gas for a build.

Manufactures that I am aware of than offer them.

Triarc...long wait to get one
Forward Controls Design /SOA
Aero Precision
Rosco
Faxon
Rainier Arms
KAK

Am I missing any?
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 9:00:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Centurion Arms makes one of the best, definitely worth a look.

I have one of their 12.5 carbine length barrels and it’s my best shooter, more accurate than my Daniel Defense.

They make a 12.5 middy as well.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 9:31:23 PM EDT
[#2]
https://www.triarcsystems.com/product/12-5-track-2-0-barrel/

Triarc says they are in stock now.

I’d go with Centurion, but aren’t those limited runs? When is the last time they were available?
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 9:34:29 PM EDT
[#3]
BlackStone Arms.  I assume you're looking for 5.56 since you didn't mention the cartridge.  I have one of the 12.5" midlength gas 6.8 SPC barrels, and really like it.  I haven't tried their 5.56 barrels.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 10:02:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jwlaxton:
BlackStone Arms.  I assume you're looking for 5.56 since you didn't mention the cartridge.  I have one of the 12.5" midlength gas 6.8 SPC barrels, and really like it.  I haven't tried their 5.56 barrels.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jwlaxton:
Yes, 556. I am interested in 6.8 but don't want to deal with another caliber with
specialty bolt and mags.

Originally Posted By Glck1911:
https://www.triarcsystems.com/product/12-5-track-2-0-barrel/

Triarc says they are in stock now.
I swear I checked yesterday.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 10:39:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Griffin Armament has one.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 10:52:28 PM EDT
[#6]
If you can locate a Roscoe Limited Series, 12.5" Mid-Length (.223 Wylde), highly recommend. How three and all three are shooters. My wife claims one of them. Yes, we run all three suppressed.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 11:47:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Running my BCM 14.5" midlength cut down to 12.5" by John Thomas at RAW and running a direct thread YHM Turbo3. I have a reduced vented set screw in the front sight base at .060" gas port. Looks to be running well with an H buffer and carbine spring.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 12:19:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Triarc. I’ve had one for a year or so now, and it’s plenty accurate and really pleasant to shoot suppressed or unsuppressed.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 10:51:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I went with a Sionics barrel, specifically their "EXTREME REDUCED GAS PORT" barrel as I have a YHM TurboK which is a gassy little bitch and didn't want to run an adjustable GB. I don't have a lot of rounds through it yet but so far I've been pleased.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 11:13:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By airgunner:
I went with a Sionics barrel, specifically their "EXTREME REDUCED GAS PORT" barrel as I have a YHM TurboK which is a gassy little bitch and didn't want to run an adjustable GB. I don't have a lot of rounds through it yet but so far I've been pleased.
View Quote

I want to try one of their ERGP barrels, but they are never in stock.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 2:42:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stowe] [#11]
Not same (mines a 14.5" mid) but my triarc is gassed beautifully. It will eat steel cased trash without a suppressor and using a std spring and buffer. Anything heavier and it won't lock back without a can. It's right on the edge of ALMOST not being enough gas for me. I never shoot steel and rarely without a suppressor, but I like to know I can. I'd definitely keep them high on your list. I love mine.

Edit: If you consider giving up the midlength, it opens up a lot more options. I'm running a criterion 11.5 carbine gas on my primary gun and contrary to internet lore it's never burst into flames from not being a midlength. It's actually pretty sweet
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 3:01:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Glck1911:

I want to try one of their ERGP barrels, but they are never in stock.
View Quote

You probably have to call them? That's what I had to do and even though the site showed OOS, they had one in stock. I'm guessing this isn't a barrel that they make/stock a lot of because the downside to it (that they will stress to you if you call) is this barrel is for suppressed shooting only. It will not cycle unsuppressed and I did confirm that at the range.
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 10:40:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: STJ] [#13]
Haven't pulled the Triarc barrel trigger.  Truthfully I wasn't ready for it to be available .

Still mulling over Nitride or CL, CHF ect.   Does it matter? Probably not, but that's just BRD over analyzing .

Current plan it to build the upper to work with a Geissele 10.5" Mk14 rail and Rifle Speed RS7519 gas block with ML tube (I already have these parts).  It will be ran unsuppressed and suppressed, currently with a Gen 1 Turbo K

So no need(or want) of a reduced gas port on the barrel or a carbine gas length.

I even thought of going with a 13.7 just cause PSA offers one in CHF with a ML gas, but that does not offer many benefits as a SBR/Pistol barrel length over a 12.5.

Link Posted: 12/4/2023 7:48:21 AM EDT
[#14]
I’m running the rainier arms mountain 12.5 mid at the moment. Adjustable gas block and suppressed100% of the time. No issues with any ammo. It oddly prefers lighter bullets, 55gr. It shoots right around moa with 55gr vmax bullets, also with sierras outdoor master and whatever their other 55gr varmit factory ammo is called, prairie enemy, maybe. I’ve had it out to 500 yards making 80% hits on a 2/3 ipsc steel silhouette (12”x20”) with a delta Stryker 1-6x24. I’ve gotten decent groups with hand loaded 69 Sierra tmk bullets. I’ve not had luck with anything in the 70-77gr range.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:37:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Blk99sleekbeak:
I’m running the rainier arms mountain 12.5 mid at the moment. Adjustable gas block and suppressed100% of the time. No issues with any ammo. It oddly prefers lighter bullets, 55gr. It shoots right around moa with 55gr vmax bullets, also with sierras outdoor master and whatever their other 55gr varmit factory ammo is called, prairie enemy, maybe. I’ve had it out to 500 yards making 80% hits on a 2/3 ipsc steel silhouette (12”x20”) with a delta Stryker 1-6x24. I’ve gotten decent groups with hand loaded 69 Sierra tmk bullets. I’ve not had luck with anything in the 70-77gr range.
View Quote

I was just looking at the 12.5 midlength, so no complaints?  Plan is currently to build up a twelve five middie to EVENTUALLY shoot full time with a Hux Flow (once I get one, won't be a while though), but would like to run it naked till then.  I was thinking of building one out with a fixed gas block, but would you suggest going with an adjustable?
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 2:10:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnyUtah427] [#16]
You forgot Noveske.  Got one on the way to build out.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 3:45:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By SnaitN:

I was just looking at the 12.5 midlength, so no complaints?  Plan is currently to build up a twelve five middie to EVENTUALLY shoot full time with a Hux Flow (once I get one, won't be a while though), but would like to run it naked till then.  I was thinking of building one out with a fixed gas block, but would you suggest going with an adjustable?
View Quote

Nope no complaints. The only downside, for my exact barrel, would have been if I had a massive surplus of heavy bullets or factory ammo with heavy bullets, but I don’t do all good. Sorry for the late reply
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 11:47:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JDennis] [#18]
I just finished my 12.5 build and used this ARP barrel. I can get over how accurate it is and it has had no issues with any of the ammo I have tried. (Not sure about steel case, I don't shoot that)

https://www.blackstonearms.com/AR-Performance-5-56-CLE-12-5-SBR-Pistol-Barrel-p/arp556125.htm

Over the years I have used 6 of their barrels and they are all among the most accurate AR's I own.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 7:02:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By STJ:
Looking for a 12.5 ML gas for a build.

Manufactures that I am aware of than offer them.

Triarc...long wait to get one
Forward Controls Design /SOA
Aero Precision
Rosco
Faxon
Rainier Arms
KAK

Am I missing any?
View Quote

Hodge is another
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 6:15:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Noveske also makes one.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:04:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Sionics also does a 12.5 Mid.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:01:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Bad Attitude Dept has some 12.5 middies

https://badattitudedept.com/search.php?search_query=Kaiju+12.5#products
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:03:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Blackwind:
If you can locate a Roscoe Limited Series, 12.5" Mid-Length (.223 Wylde), highly recommend. How three and all three are shooters. My wife claims one of them. Yes, we run all three suppressed.
View Quote

Is there enough real estate on these to run an FSB?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:21:40 PM EDT
[#24]
I can confirm there is enough room to run a FSB on the Rainier 12.5 Mountain barrel, I am using an ARMS 41 on mine.

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 5:14:18 AM EDT
[#25]
My son has one of the KAK 12.5” barrels, loves it.

Typical KAK quality, well gassed etc.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 5:27:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By WrenchGuy:
My son has one of the KAK 12.5” barrels, loves it.

Typical KAK quality, well gassed etc.
View Quote

Good to hear. I just purchased a KAK 12.5 middy BECAUSE it has enough meat to run a FSB. KAK seems to be one of the only that will allow it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:59:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Just ordered a LaRue for optic planet for $138, not sure if it's mid.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:35:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By ThatGuyTheCooler:
Good to hear. I just purchased a KAK 12.5 middy BECAUSE it has enough meat to run a FSB. KAK seems to be one of the only that will allow it.
View Quote

To add to this for anyone else looking for an FSP 12.5" midlength barrel: the Sionics 12.5" supports an FSP as well.

I am basing this assertion on the fact I ordered a 12.5" midlength with a pinned A2 FSP directly from Sionics for my most recent AR build. And yes, it's totally awesome.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:34:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By 4570govt:
Just ordered a LaRue for optic planet for $138, not sure if it's mid.
View Quote

No the larue is carbine gas.
Top Top